New Project RCMs

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by daytona600, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Shown at munich this year
    .[​IMG]

VC-S2 ALU

New cabinet made out of aluminium composite panels (0,4mm alu, 4mm PE, 0,4mm alu) for quieter operation
    Aluminium surface is able to withstand cleaning fluid spill without compromising the chassis
    Superfast & superstrong cleaning
    Superior motor for long lifetime
    2,5l tank that almost never needs to be emptied
    Removes cleaning fluid (Wash it) residue free in 1 - 2 rotations
    Eco-friendly non-alcoholic cleaning fluid effeciently cleans and removes static load of vinyl records
    New aluminium clamp prevents damage from cleaning fluid
    High-end build-quality for improved ease of use
    .[​IMG]
    VC-E
    Compact, new cabinet made out of aluminium composite panels (0,4mm Aluminium, 4mm PE, 0,4mm Aluminium)
    Superfast & superstrong cleaning
    Removes cleaning fluid (Wash it) residue free
    0,5l tank for vacuumed cleaning liquid
    Completely dry record in 1 or 2 complete rotations
    Eco-friendly cleaning fluid effeciently cleans and removes static load of vinyl records
    Clamp seales record label from cleaning fluid and avoids damage on the label
    [​IMG]

kannibal, MGW and mktracy like this.
  2. zombiemodernist

zombiemodernist Forum Resident

MSRPs listed here, and more info on Pro-Ject's webpage.

Personally I'd be interested in that VC-E as a replacement to the RDV I'm using now, as it looks to be a pretty similar footprint as a RDV / Nitty Gritty style cleaner while having the VPI style wand. Pretty nice combo IMO.

Interested to see how loud the little thing is though. I noticed they're mum on that subject for the VC-E. The VC-S2 description notes the aluminum body and extended cabinet size make it quieter than the VCS. I've always thought the RDV was partially so loud due to the small cabinet size.

3. OneChance

OneChance Forum Resident

I've been thinking about getting the Clearaudio Smart Matrix for over a year now, but it's been hard to justify the $1600 price tag. Will definitely be picking up the VC-S2 ALU as soon as it's available.

4. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

Nice looking machines! really like the all metal construction and the fact it does not have a full platter to contaminate the already cleaned side when you dod a flip. Pretty price compettive with the other similar brands.

5. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

Looks good.

6. IGD Positive

IGD Positive Forum Resident

I've been interested in the VC-S for awhile and now I'm going to have to heavily consider this VC-S2.

7. wbass

wbass Forum Resident

Interesting. I'd been considering the VC-S as a replacement to my Record Doctor, but perhaps I'll wait on these new models. The Record Doctor works fine, but it's a bit slow/tedious, and I'm getting a bit sick of how loud it is. Looks like these Pro-Ject models might be quieter and, if reviews of VC-S are accurate, more powerful and faster cleaning.

dougotte and zombiemodernist like this.
  8. wbass

wbass Forum Resident

Wonder if they've addressed the velvet lips coming loose, which seem to be an issue with some VC-S units.

patient_ot likes this.
  9. Ray Parkhurst

Ray Parkhurst Forum Resident

Hmm, I just bought one of their original machines. If I had waited I would have bought the VCE. Compact is better in my house.

10. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

if only they had the compact one available when i bought mine 2 years ago. (assuming it cleans as well as my VC-S)

11. tiller

tiller Forum Resident

These are very nice looking units, particularly the VC-S2. Wonder if it'd be a noteworthy upgrade over the VPI 16.5....

displayname likes this.
  12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Was very disappointed in the quality of the VC-S and Sumiko’s customer service. Defective right out of the box and they made me pay the freight to ship it to them. Thank God, Upscale did the right thing and reimbursed me. Was a 3 month long debacle. Never again will I purchase a Project/ Sumiko product. Had a problem out of the box with the nice Music Hall machine. They at least paid the freight back to them. Called Upscale and said that’s it, send me the VPI 16.5 and it’s been working beautifully since I received it unlike the other 2.

13. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I wonder when these will be available. I can't find anyplace that lists them yet (e.g. AudioAdvisor).

wbass likes this.
  14. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

I owe VC-S, and while it does superb job cleaning it is loud and butt ugly. Glad they addressed those issues, as well as longevity, as after a year MDF started to slightly expand (nothing too bad). Somethin* to look forward when it is time to change my original VC-S.

displayname likes this.
  15. wbass

wbass Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm hoping these release Stateside relatively soon. Will probably go for the VC-SE. I'm looking for something quieter and, most importantly, quicker than the Record Doctor V.

Looks like you can use Pro-Ject dust covers on these, too? I've got an old entry level Pro-Ject 'table I'll scavenge the lid from.

16. RC2257

RC2257 Well-Known Member

Music Direct is now shipping the VC-E and expects to have the VC-S2 ALU in December. You can also an S2 now from Amazon's UK site and they will ship it to you in the U.S. At the time I write this, the UK price of the VC-S2 ALU plus shipping to the U.S. is less than Music Direct's price.

I bought an original VC-S three years ago. Mine has worked flawlessly. But I'll be picking up the S2 ALU. One of my favorite reviewers, Ashley from Audio Appraisal, was a big fan of the original VC-S and says the new one is better enough that she's buying one for herself. That's good enough for me. Her reviews of other gear I ended up purchasing have been spot on.

17. dougotte

Do you have a link to her review ot the VC-S2 ALU? Thanks in advance.

Never mind - found it!
    Pro-Ject VC-S2 ALU Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine Reviewed - Audio Appraisal

displayname likes this.
  18. IGD Positive

The VC-S2 ALU sounds like it's exactly what I've been waiting for.

19. dougotte

I'm pretty happy w/ the Record Doctor V, except the noise. I don't really care about manual vs. automatic spinning of the disc. Maybe I would if I had ever experienced the latter, but I haven't.

In the article she wrote the VC-S2 ALU is maybe slightly quieter than the previous version, but I wonder how it compares to the Record Doctor V?

20. maellen

maellen Nasi Lemak

Anyone received their VC-S2 Alu? How does it compare to Okki Nokki ?

21. dougotte

Music Direct now has the VC-S2 ALU. I received their annual catalogue yesterday, and it's listed there for $649 USD. Their website offers it today for $599. But, both the VC-E and S2 ALU Availability shows as "Contact Us."

22. IGD Positive

If you order from Amazon UK, it comes out to $517 given today's exchange rate.

dougotte likes this.
  23. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Available and in stock lots of places online in the UK.

dougotte likes this.
  24. Monte Verdi

Monte Verdi New Member

I can attest to the VC-E being a very high quality Lp cleaning machine as a veteran user of VPI and Nitty-gritty machines which Incidently are noisy and have drawbacks that exceed there value, imo.

25. wbass

wbass Forum Resident

Wouldn’t the voltage mismatch burn out the motor if you plugged a U.K. unit into a US 120v outlet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.