New 'Pugwash' album in collaboration with Jason Falkner...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thomas Pugwash, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BryanS

BryanS Forum Resident

I'm waiting for the LP to arrive in the post today and I'm really looking forward to sitting down for a good listen tonight. If it's half as good as the previous album, I'll be delighted. I've avoided it on spotify - I want to go through the proper ritual and really take it in.

I really wish the Irish people -especially those in the music industry would appreciate Thomas. He'd have some chance if his music was played on the radio here - but we just don't seem to support our own.

This article in today's Irish Times sums it up for me.
    ‘I’m 20 stone. I’ve had six albums out. I’m okay for exposure'

2. Fusionfan

Fusionfan Forum Resident

Have any of you seen the group in concert?

3. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I'm fortunate in that over time I have been purchasing Pugwash catalogue but his work is extremely hard to find in the States. I hope Tom can work out a way for his catalogue to be reissued in the States.

Really good stuff!

4. BryanS

BryanS Forum Resident

Tomorrow night at the University Concert Hall in Limerick! - I can't wait. Divine Comedy + Pugwash. I doesn't get much better than that.

5. I caught them a couple of years ago in a small club in Cambridge, MA. Very fun and highly recommended.

Fusionfan likes this.
  6. Fusionfan

Fusionfan Forum Resident

That's great. Was that at the Lizard Lounge?

Are there any other power pop bands touring you would recommend along these lines?

7. Yes, The Lizard Lounge in Porter Square. I don't catch too many live shows these days, so I got no recommendations, sorry.

8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I am a huge fan of Mr. Falkner (and now you, sir). Checked out the album on Spotify, and it's fantastic. Order incoming!

9. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Many times, and it is always a great and entertaining show! Plus, you never know what random covers Thomas might add in to the set on any given evening, and those are always done spectacularly, too.

longdist01 likes this.
  10. Great songwriting, singing, performances and Jason Falkner--love the new songs. Now come to America! Even if you do an acoustic show (we need you in San Francisco Thomas!), I will be there (and I'll bring friends who haven't discovered you yet).

longdist01 likes this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

yes! A couple of friends out East caught Thomas including a couple Badfinger cuts into the shows.

12. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

What a joy the new album is, the man is incapable of writing a bad tune, 'Without You" is a classic.
    My vinyl (sounds fantastic) doesn't have any insert, i'm not sure if there's supposed to be one, anyone?

13. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

There's just an inner sleeve with the starry sky motif from the cover. No lyric inner or anything like that. All the credits are on the back, so I didn't think I was missing anything.

Doctorwu likes this.
  14. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Thank you, i meant a lyrics insert, i have the Starry Sky inner sleeve.

Here's wishing for a 'Jollity' and 'Eleven Modern...' vinyl pressings.

Sammy Waslow likes this.
  15. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Pugwash associate Fergal Davis (mixed The Olympus Sound) who mastered my band’s latest single. It sounds absolutely marvellous.

Sammy Waslow likes this.
  16. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

Thomas, I am really loving your current record. My favorite track is "Sunshine True". Just lovely.

17. OK Thomas...fans are curious and want to know when do you head back into the studio next?

18. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Three times in Portland, ME. Each show was different and great in its own way.

Lonecat likes this.
  19. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I'll be seeing Thomas next week, supporting Neil and Liam Finn in Dublin. It was billed as Pugwash, but I think it's a solo show.
    Last August, at a solo gig, he said he had a lot planned up for 2019 for both Pugwash (it's the 20th Anniversary of Almond Tea) and the Duckworth Lewis Method.
    If I get to talk to him, I'll ask if he has any updates. :)

CBS 65780, Fusionfan and forthlin like this.
  20. Lonecat

Lonecat King Of Fools

I saw them twice in Portland as well, and they were a very powerful live band. Both shows featured different setlists and were very interactive with the audience. Some of the best live music expriences of my life !

Mike Dow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.