New Queen Album "Forever"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nesboy43, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I wish they included that as well or even the studio version. There's only 1 track from News of the World on this comp.

Scott B

2. For example, the Lilly of the Valley edit was a 2014 remaster, and it sounded pretty good. Spotify and Amazon show which tracks are 2011 remasters, and which one are 2014 remasters.

3. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes I saw that on Amazon and it just confused me as Amazon does that a lot. I would have thought they just used the 2011 remasters and then mastered the whole comp from those remasters. Since the whole set is credited to Bob Ludwig as mastering it I assumed it was all the same but maybe not.

Scott B

4. flac

flac Well-Known Member

The mastering looks like it's going to be really disappointing. That's a real shame. Ludwig is one of my favorite engineers, and Queen is my favorite band, so I thought this was going to be good. I should have known better...the 2011 remaster of Innuendo was fairly slammed...Queen II was nice, though.

rock76 likes this.
  5. If Ludwig mastered it like he mastered the Dire Straits album Love Over Gold, that would have been amazing. But ofcourse, the UMG wouldn't let that happen.

6. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

NOTW is the most essential out of those 3. imo if you have the 4 singles from the game you are good with that one

7. Absolutely not! You're missing out on 6 great songs, Dragon Attack in particular!

8. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Queen's 2 sound guys were on board to assist and I'm sure they wanted the heavy compressed sound. Too bad though.

Scott B

9. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Sail Away Sweet Sister is one of my favourites on The Game (though it's on the Forever comp)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

rock76 likes this.
  11. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Thanks for the link. They could have squeezed a few more songs on disc 1 time wise.

Scott B

12. Chris Haley

Chris Haley Music Lover Lurker

I'm not an expert but I'm starting to think that "There Must Be More To Life Than This" glitch at 1:03 on the CD is from the loud mastering (clipping perhaps) since I can't hear it on the Youtube clip. Could you check it out if you have the CD and tell me what you think please?

13. I can't really hear any error at 1:03, nor is it clipping at that point, looking at the FLAC files in Audacity.

Chris Haley likes this.
  14. Chris Haley

Chris Haley Music Lover Lurker

Must just be the CD then. After the word "die" the glitch happens. Oh well that little glitch is the least of the issues with that track anyway. Thanks!

15. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

When it says "No intro" for "Play the Game," what exactly did they cut? I feel like starting cold with Freddie's vocal would be pretty jarring.

16. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

No sweeping synth intro, just starts with the piano.

anthontherun likes this.
  17. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

I picked up the 2-CD set the other day. It's loud for sure, but IMO, falls just short of being brickwalled. The recent Roy Orbison Mystery Girl remaster is an example of being brickwalled IMO...that one hurt my ears at a moderate volume...it's super loud.

Anyway, wanted to pick up Queen Forever for some tracks that I still need on CD, but yeah, this comp is definitely a mixed bag when it comes to the tracklisting and audio. Has anyone noticed that One Year Of Love (found only on the 2-CD set) might be the most disappointing track audio-wise? It's not sharp at all and even a bit murky. It doesn't match the clearer audio on the other tracks...a shame, as I like that song a lot.

18. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

The Best Buys near me don't have the single CD version.

Does anyone know if it is in a jewel case?

19. Futurecity

Some Walmart's have it and yes, the 1-CD version is in a jewel case!

The Hud likes this.
  20. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Cool, thanks!

21. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Ok. Now the 1 million dollar question. How essential is this purchase?

22. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Queen is my favorite band of all time. It depends just how big of a fan YOU are......."Let Me In Your Heart Again" is a really great track IMHO. Well worth owning. The ballad version of "Love Kills" is excellent. I think it is superior to the original mix. "There Must Be More to Life Than This" is worth owning as a novelty only. It sounds disjointed and Michael's vocal seems flown in and not of the greatest quality. I like the solo Freddie version much better. The rest of the disc are a nice listen as it contain mant great Queen songs and not just the usual hits at that but you probably already own these songs I am assuming......"Was it All Worth It?", well it was for me I am a completist and like I said, 2 of those new tracks to me are high quality.

23. Futurecity

I had never picked up Made In Heaven before, but there are 5 MIH tracks on Queen Forever and I am liking all of them. The title track is fantastic IMO and A Winter's Tale is a nice surprise, so this comp was a good purchase for me as I am now discovering many of these songs.

Juggsnelson and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

The "Made in Heaven" re-do is a great track!

25. Futurecity

Re-do? What version of this song are you referring to and which CD is it on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.