New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Sweet!!!

IR Shane likes this.
  2. art

art Senior Member

Dear god, the Wolf King would be amazing.

Stu02 likes this.
  3. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

That Burrito Deluxe album cover is really bad in a cool late 60’s/early 70’s way :)

4. Now is the time to pick up a couple of Intervention Records' SACDs if you have been procrastinating. A couple of them, including Stealers Wheel and The Gilded Palace of Sin by the FBB, are down to $19.99 shipped using Amazon Prime. I'm probably going to buy a second copy of The Gilded Palace of Sin as a gift for someone.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Stealers Wheel

IR Shane and George P like this.
  5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My pre-order for Burrito Deluxe is in Shane. Let me know if I win the test pressing.

IR Shane likes this.
  6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

You literally be the first person outside of IR to know!

7. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

Imagine anyone who didn't already know who the band was looking at that cover and saying, "hmm, I'll give this album a try." They'd have to be REALLY hungry.

IR Shane likes this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

And then there's the onesies ...

googlymoogly and canada_toque like this.
  9. mongo

mongo Senior Member

As a bona fide Burrito Brother from another Mother, this is an instant pre-order.
    Thanks.

Clonesteak, ssmith3046 and IR Shane like this.
  10. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

Just got done listening to the Gene Clark sacd.
    Wow! It finally breathes! :cheers:
    Nice job!!!!!......... Viva Intervention records!

Dok likes this.
  11. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Any news on the Church releases? Excited!

Echo, art, Erick Haight and 2 others like this.
  12. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I have a feeling Starfish and any other Church releases will be big sellers.

13. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Did anyone else think of Zero Mostel's onesie in the "Sesame Street Book of Opposites"? :laugh:

IR Shane likes this.
  14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Not good. The band and its reps are content moving forward with a UME/EMI white vinyl 30th in Australia and NZ, even though I told them this is a dealbreaker for me. Part of Erasure's Wonderland being a sales disaster, I believe, was the band having its own UK reissues in the market at the same time. Even though I was told they would not import to the US they showed up here. It's a global economy, and there's no preventing those records from going all over the place. Too risky. They don't seem to care. They're apparently content with a digitally-mastered colored vinyl version they feel they'll make more money on. I wish they'd have told me this before I paid thousands to master and cut lacquers but they didn't.

15. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

OMG you already have laquers cut and you can't press 'm and release 'm? That's some bad **** going on right there :crazy:

Defrance, googlymoogly and George P like this.
  16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I have Test Pressings, not just lacquers. I can press and release, it's just my decision to more than likely cancel. It's too risky with another version coming out from their territory. They did not disclose to me that another company had rights to release in AU and NZ. It's hard for me to put that much money up when there's risk like that.

18. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

In my opinion The Circus is a major step above Wonderland in terms of production and songwriting. There is so much more confidence in Andy Bell's delivery on this album. I would easily buy this if you did release it. Wonderland just kind of feels lightweight to me in comparison to the Circus. And I always liked the remixes from the Wonderland album better than the album proper versions.

jimhb likes this.
  19. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

That sucks! Could you maybe put it up to releasing it as one of your "Nice Price" style reissues, and base your decision on how many actual paid-up preorders you get?

Defrance, stonedhenge and IR Shane like this.
  20. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Yeah, do some sort of pledge type thing, where start pressing once you get enough ordere in. I mean, I already have the MOV Starfish (and that's still available, I think), so I wouldnt buy another digital sourced copy, but AAA mastered by KG...

21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

100% Analog by Ryan K. Smith, with bonus tracks!

izgoblin, Defrance, dobyblue and 5 others like this.
  22. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Sign me up for every Church album that you can press. I'll even pay in advance. :)

23. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

Same here. Hell, I'll buy two copies if that will help get it pressed!

24. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

This whole scenario with the Church and competing releases makes me feel ill. Was so looking forward to them but totally understand Shane’s position, especially in light of what happened with Erasure

25. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

:drool: