New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I bet Intervention could do wonders with many of the bands and albums on the Wax Trax label!

2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Every Changing Moods, Town Called Malice and others still get a ton of airplay on First Wave and any station that focuses on 80s synth pop. And again, Erasure I think got done in by UK reissues flooding stores at same time. But point is taken and today I'd be hesitant to green light that.

AlienRendel and googlymoogly like this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Hearing it here first- late this week or early next I'll be announcing Joan Armatrading's Self-Titled album from 1976, produced and recorded by Glyn Johns! Kevin Gray cut it from another A&M 1/2" safety copy, and it's another AMAZING cut.

Stu02, sennj, DeRosa and 16 others like this.
  4. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

I hate to keep asking, but will there be a Starfish gofundme type of thing happening? I’ll STFU about it now. Thanks!

jimhb and IR Shane like this.
  5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

A lot of twists and turns with this. This forum will be the first to know when there's movement.

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Awesome..... also on SACD?

IR Shane likes this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

yes.

Mick Jones likes this.
  8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Wonderful news Shane, another home run from IR.

IR Shane likes this.
  9. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'm counting that as a review!

10. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

That's a great album, and a good-sounding one in its original mastering - nice to hear it will get the KG treatment!

IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  11. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Yes! I’ll get that one for sure!!

IR Shane and hutlock like this.
  12. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

would LOVE some stranglers .... rattus & no more heroes would be pretty amazing ! imho

IR Shane and hutlock like this.
  13. Yeah I was shocked to hear how great the original sounds. And always super cheap. I got a WLP with some promo pics and goodies inside for 5 bucks or something. The sound on it reminds me a lot of some other Johns work, Eagles “Desperado” comes to mind. Massive sound. Cool to see IR doing the Joan, I’ll have to snag it!

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Personally, never heard of Joan Armatrading. Probably time I did something about that it seems. That’s one of the best things about this label.

You had me at Glyn Johns and then you said Kevin Grey, 1/2” safety tape, the usual packaging and cover art. I’m just a believer I guess. Count me in.

15. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Definitely in for this!

IR Shane likes this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Massive, yes, and yet the original does have some compression that we of course avoided, so the lid's off it even more. I really really LOVE how this one came out, I think it's going to take its place among our best sounding releases!

Ryan_Pretzel, Geee!, ad180 and 2 others like this.
  17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Other updates- 100% Fun SACD On-Sale (finally!) on 10/5 and Gene Clark's amazing White Light is looking like it will hit LP on 10/12. YES!

18. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Wow, that sounds great! I've never heard that album, but I have heard some stuff from Joan Armatrading from the early '80s. I remember playing Drop The Pilot on my college radio show in the mid-'80s. From her 1983 album The Key. How would you describe her 1976 album?

IR Shane likes this.
  19. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Now that’s a cool choice :righton:

You manage to stear clear of the obvious yet nothing so obscure it lacks interest.
    Which is a roundabout of way of saying good choices :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  20. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

That’s huge!

IR Shane likes this.
  21. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Shane, Altered Beast sounds absolutely amazing!! Dying for Girlfriend! Seriously thinking about ordering the Sweet SACDs even though I have no player, only CD.

Edit: Just curious, what happened to the bit of Caligula after Evergreen?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    IR Shane likes this.
  22. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Chissie Hynde picked up a few stylistic touches from Joan....check that out next time.
    I saw her open for Nils Lofgren in 77 in Richmond....a very nice double bill....
    She certainly broke the ice and held her own that evening
    And that s/t lp is lovely...it a record that cheers me up always.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Joan Armatrading self titled LP is such a cool choice. I’ve owned it since its release and it has not aged a bit. There are folk, jazz, funk, r & b influences all wrapped up in a superb production by Glyn Johns. Drop The Pilot was a fun song but the material on this album goes much deeper. Joan’s vocals are so good, you will absolutely want to sleep with her. She has a crack band behind her to boot.

art, IR Shane, Joti Cover and 2 others like this.
  24. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

+1 on Altered Beast- Nice job Shane:edthumbs:

Ricardo Cosinaro and IR Shane like this.
  25. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

Joan Armatrading's S/T album is a great one and definitely her best I think. She had a smoking hot band on that album. I bought the album in the UK just after it came out, still have it and it's still one of the best sounding records in my collection. The one problem that my copy at least has is sibilance on the vocals on "Save Me", the last track on side 1. The CD doesn't have this fault so I think it's probably the pressing - whether a general issue or just my specific disc I can't say. I'm sure Shane's version won't have this sibilance, so I expect that it will be my first IR purchase, as I still love this album as I did back in 1976. It has had an audiophile release before, however, by Speakers Corner, but I haven't heard their reissue. I'm still hoping that my second purchase will be "Starfish".

Joti Cover and IR Shane like this.