New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Well I never got an answer yay or nay.Would think rights would be getable the Beat own their own masters.

2. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

That is great to hear as I pre-ordered the Burrito Deluxe last week. I can't wait to hear this.

IR Shane and George P like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I too broke this out today. Despite grabbing my copy of Altered Beast last weekend at Amoeba SF, I waited until this evening so I could savor the listening experience. Slicing open the plastic on the right side (rather than the dotted line), can never get enough of these heavyweight sleeves. The album sounds pristine as expected. A rare SoCal rain outside, a terrific Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA and some Altered Beast inside, all is right in the world, at least for this moment.

4. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

Enjoy the moment!

longdist01, IR Shane and SJP like this.
  5. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Fantastic to hear things are picking up and going well...so, uh...is it too early to start requesting titles again? Because I could really go for Kathy Smith's two albums, particularly the second one, which hasn't had any reissue in any format since it's original release and the original vinyl is scarce.

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Well you know that 4 will be sold.

longdist01, noname74 and eddiel like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Had to shut it down after side 2, the thunder and rain are too radical to miss!

IR Shane likes this.
  8. Glennza

Glennza Londoner, lost in the back of beyond

Definitely in for the Joan Armatrading SACD! I have been waiting a long time for a final, definitive version of this stunning album. I hope you are able to tame the sibilance at the beginning of 'Tall in the Saddle'; it's on every version I own.

longdist01, art and IR Shane like this.
  9. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'll take a listen to my TP. Sometimes, it's baked in. If we "tamed" Look Sharp! that way it wouldn't be the same album anymore. Sometimes you can't throw the bath water out without also chucking the baby.

jlf and googlymoogly like this.
  10. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Curious to know...interested for sure in Joan Armatrading sacd and lp...if we preorder directly through Intervention, when is the credit card billed?

IR Shane likes this.
  11. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

At the time you place the order.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Thank you!

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  13. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m pretty pumped. The Gene Clark LP is in transit to me currently. I also have the Burrito Deluxe, the next two Matthew Sweets and now the Joan Armatrading LPs pre-ordered. I wouldn’t want to miss a one. (P.S. Still waiting to hear on whether that Church release is happening).

14. googlymoogly

"White Light" was awaiting me at the front door today (isn't it pleasant to come home to a new LP?). This is a very good sounding record, and RTI continues to press one of the best runs of vinyl I've received from any label in the last few years. I hope this one does well enough for Intervention to reissue "No Other", or maybe eventually to consider "So Rebellious a Lover"!

15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'm getting close to something there. Nothing definitive, but I feel better about it right now.

izgoblin, jimhb, Juggsnelson and 6 others like this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

This was not initially something I planned or chose, but it's the way Shopify works. It's been a Godsend for the label, as it essentially functions like crowd funding. It really helps me a lot, and helps me keep new titles coming apace. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the direct orders and especially pre-orders!

Juggsnelson, NewKidInTown and jlf like this.
  17. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

100% fun on sacd is amazing........love the bonus tracks! Can not wait for the Altered Beast sacd! :edthumbs:

18. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Thanks for giving this title some life Shane and cutting out some of that treble :)
    [​IMG]

19. espendo

espendo Forum Resident

I post here as well as in the Matthew Sweet reissue thread:

Home office this morning. Really need to get some work done, but then I went to the post office to pick up a package...

...and here I am sitting with a cup of coffee and listening to Altered Beast!

Beautiful packaging, very nice pressing and stellar sound quality!

It all sounds great, but I must say I hear the biggest difference from CD in the more rocking and crunchy guitar numbers. They are much more dynamic and less fatiguing to listen to in this pressing.

I’m very happy I took the plunge.

20. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My White Light LP arrived yesterday and I’ve been through it a couple times now. I’d never heard it before but the music is sublime. Of course, it’s another very nice package all around but the warm detailed sound of this one is making it one of my favorite Intervention releases. It’s very easy to get caught up in the illusion of a spacious 3 dimensional sound stage. The bass line is very strong but flat, detailed and not overpowering.

All of this really plays to the strengths of my Vandy 5As. Records like this are why we put together nice systems. Not to be missed IMO.

21. googlymoogly

I agree - it's well recorded, and the bass work in particular shines, being very present without overpowering the material.

sonofjim and IR Shane like this.
  22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS! Awesome pic. I don't know that we tamed the treble as much as let the bass express itself. That alters your perception of the treble dramatically.

Blair G. and c-eling like this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

5As!! I owned a pair of those happily for years before taking the deep dive into a pair of Model Sevens, now Model Seven Mk II!

I am going to gloss my label a little here and also confess. By the time I get one of my finished LPs after mastering, which includes multiple rundowns and dry cutting runs, and QCing test pressings, I have often done 10 years of listening to an album within a few months. In short, I'm not always as anxious to hear new releases as IR's fans!

However, I was really in the mood for this one when it landed and I opened and played a copy for my wife the evening it arrived. I was floored. It was even quieter and superior sounding to the test pressings I'd received, which were one-play perfect.

This is a quiet, stark album in some key respects and OMG did RTI just kill it with this one. I texted the plant manager Rick Hashimoto and thanked him!

24. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Any news on the Starfish campaign? I really need to get rid of some cash!

Geee! likes this.
  25. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Oh man, The Church would be awesome! I've bought every release so far and plan on continuing. Now buying direct because of this thread. Great work Shane!

sonofjim likes this.