New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin

I can answer my own question. Amazon now has the Burrito's title at $34.99. Order placed and with free prime shipping, I will have it on Monday!!

IR Shane, GetHappy!! and Doctorwu like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Right now- I checked. 4/21 is Amazon on-sale too!

3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I had the greatest time this past Tuesday on Nick Katona's show, and Nick will be replaying our conversations and music this Saturday morning!

We had a wide-ranging conversation about music, everything you ever wanted to know about Intervention but were afraid to ask and so much more.

And yes, what many of you have long suspect has been proven true: I CAN shoot the **** about records and play music for hours on end!

Click HERE.

googlymoogly and Dok like this.
  4. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Sony hasn't sent any of their masters to MOV, they have used MOV for EU distribution of many catalogue titles so there is a pretty big difference there. If a title is AAA then they've cut lacquers for MOV, if it's not then they've sent digital files to MOV to cut their own.

They do seem to be a little more open to master tapes within continental USA, as that's what happened with the Audio Fidelity Hybrid SACD releases of the first two Rage Against the Machine titles.

I too would LOVE to see Facelife get a 2LP all analogue vinyl release if the source material were analogue tape, same for Toad the Wet Sprocket's "Fear".

I would absolutely love to see Southern Harmony get a proper vinyl release, none of them to date impress in the slightest.

5. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Forum Resident

Thank's for the tip, ordered!

IR Shane likes this.
  6. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Well-Known Member

Great just ordered Gilded palace of sin through intervention records and shipped by amazon.com...first time that I order a "quality" reissue by an audiophile label..was surprised that the import taxes and duties fees are incorporated in the price...for the ones that are interested I paid 50,47 euros for the record, including shipping and taxes...it will be coming here in Belgium between may 5 and may 12...we will see...I just cross my fingers that the record will not be warped...

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Further

Further Forum Resident

Unfortunately, amazon.ca didn't receive stock of The Gilded Palace Of Sin. Hopefully, that changes soon.

I guess I waited this long, I can wait a little longer. This is such a great record, I know it'll be worth it.

In the meantime, I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion of theirs when they receive it!

DPC and IR Shane like this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Gig Harbor Audio carries my LPs.

Echo likes this.
  9. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Forum Resident

Got my copy from MD today!! Throwing it on in about 30 minutes.

IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  10. theclipper

theclipper Member

Apologize if this has been mentioned prior; but are these limited issues, or will they be around for the foreseeable future?

IR Shane likes this.
  11. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Gotcha, thanks Shane. I take it then nothing in Seattle. I'll go the online route.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin

RSD be damned!! :) Only joking - I love RSD (even if I got a bum copy of Neil Young "Decade"), BUT.... today (yes Sunday) Amazon delivered my Intervention version of the Burrito's "Gilded Palace of Sin", and I put it on immediately (even though I had so much new RSD music to listen to).

Amazing... just Amazing.

Intervention is turning into my favorite reissue label - with 90% of their titles stuff I like - mastered, pressed and packaged with loving care for what is being reissued. And the sound - almost no equal.

Keep the good stuff coming!!!

13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Honestly, unknown. I have a distributor who sells into independent stores, and i have no visibility into who he does and doesn't sell to. Let me ask.

14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANK YOU!

15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

VERY UNLIMITED. I want to sell as many of everything as I can.

sfoclt, izgoblin, beerice41 and 4 others like this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I just asked my guys if there are stores in seattle they sell my stuff into.

17. theclipper

theclipper Member

Perfect! Looking forward to picking up a few of your releases as soon as I have the funds.

One reissue idea I had that didn't see mentioned: The Heartbreakers - L.A.M.F.

IR Shane likes this.
  18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Iw as told definitely Silver Platters, but also perhaps Sonic Boom, Holy Cow and Easy Street. I'll look into this myself later this week.

drfindley likes this.
  19. DeRosa

DeRosa Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds sold me a copy today!

IR Shane likes this.
  20. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Great news. Thanks for the follow-up Shane! I'll let you know where I end up finding it.

IR Shane likes this.
  21. landerstnkb

landerstnkb Well-Known Member

I have been wanting a good sounding copy of this album for years and now I have an amazing sounding one with a beautiful glossy sleeve. Thank you!!!

IR Shane likes this.
  22. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

This is my first purchase from Intervention, still, I'm quite confident that their Gilded Palace is going to be a World-beater. My copy arrives Wednesday...just $35 shipped via Amazon Prime.

IR Shane and landerstnkb like this.
  23. landerstnkb

landerstnkb Well-Known Member

You will not be disappointed. I am currently on my second spin and really enjoying it.

IR Shane and misterclean like this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Apologies in advance for FBB being a serious gateway drug ...

Ryan_Pretzel and landerstnkb like this.
  25. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I got a package today, and you guys did a great job on "Gilded Palace" - best sounding version I've ever heard of this album. When I said earlier in this thread that this album has been screaming out for a decent mastering, it was true, and you delivered it. RTI (I assume?) did a good pressing job, too.

IR Shane and landerstnkb like this.