New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Same here, but I believe Shane has said that one was unobtainable.

IR Shane and drfindley like this.
  2. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I'm in.

IR Shane likes this.
  3. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

I bought the FBB's LP and it is a lovely sounding version. Great instrument and vocal separation and some really deep sounding bass. I'll be buying the SACD as well because I want the best sounding digital version of what is one of my favourite albums.

By the way, for people in the UK, you can buy this from Import CDs. It cost me £33.50 overall which is considerably cheaper compared to buying it elsewhere. Import CDs don't display the costs on their packaging so there's little chance of getting a customs charge.

IR Shane likes this.
  4. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

I believe Donovan "Sutras" deserves the Intervention treatment. Wonderful album never released on LP.

IR Shane likes this.
  5. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

So I was listening to my iPod on shuffle while driving into work and Travis' "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" popped on and it reminded me that their two most popular records The Man Who and The Invisible Band are rarer than hen's teeth to find on vinyl. I have to wonder how good those copies even sound and would have to assume that a proper vinyl release of them would sound beyond fantastic.

Just a(nother) suggestion :)

lpfreak1170 and IR Shane like this.
  6. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

The Man Who would, of course, have to have the US CD "hidden" tracks.

Speaking of things like that, how about Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend with the 3 tracks never on vinyl (to my knowledge)?

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Andy Pandy

I just have to bump this.

8. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Michael Fremer mentioned the need for reissues of Dillard & Clark's - Through The Morning Through The Night and The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard & Clark in his review of your fab Flying Burrito Bros LP. I second this, I would love to see these two done as I know you would do them justice.

9. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Just listening to "The Gilded Palace of Sin" again and I'm in tears I kid you not. I've loved this music since I first bought the Edsel reissue in 1986 so over 30 years ago. What I didn't realise was how much more music there really was on the tape. It never sounded right to me - on LP or CD. Well, it does now, the music is there finally as it always should have been. Thank you Shane for this. Music can and should be an emotional experience. This LP brings it on home.

10. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Yes, these two would be great! No Other and Sweetheart Of The Rodeo are two more albums I'd love to hear in this kind of quality.

APH, IR Shane, Dok and 3 others like this.
  11. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I have just ordered a copy of TGPOS through Amazon.com and the total with postage and import charges comes to £40 on conversion. Not available in UK yet but Diverse will be asking £56.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Fremer turned me on to Dillard and Clark, and YES I will try and get those. Do you guys also like/love Burrito Deluxe?

13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Thanks for that! It was a tricky album but Kevin really really nailed it. We had to let the bass be what it is for the most part, and it's almost always the foundation that makes everything right- or wrong if you don't get it. Kevin's cutting system blows my mind at how much control bass he can get in the grooves! And seriously, even on tapes it's got a top end that's a bit zingy, and on the original they pushed the midrange and treble. I can't even imagine what they were hearing that made them make that choice. But Kevin deserves huge props here, he killed it!

14. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Yep for me. It's not as good as Gilded Palace but then not much is. I would be in for Burrito Deluxe.

IR Shane likes this.
  15. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Great news these are two brilliant albums that not enough people know about.

IR Shane likes this.
  16. Shaver-Tramp on Your Street. Be nice to have an affordable reissue available.

17. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

I was hoping that IR would reissue BD as well. I'd buy that in a heartbeat, for sure.

Along the lines of the Burritos, an all-analog reissue of Satan Is Real (with tip-on sleeve) would be a godsend. Clean originals cost a fortune nowadays.

googlymoogly likes this.
  18. Light In the Attic did a nice reissue a couple of years ago from the original tapes. Not sure if it's all analogue but still readily available.
    Check the unpacking video down the page
    The Louvin Brothers - Satan Is Real | Light In The Attic Records

PhantomStranger likes this.
  19. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

The Louvin Brothers LITA reissues are cut from digital files, I believe, but sound pretty good! Nicely packaged, too.

Another gutbucket reissue that would be cool is Dr. John's "Gris-Gris"!

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  20. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

You know, it's a real shame that so few classic country albums have been given the audiophile reissue treatment over the years, especially when considering how well that shi* was recorded.

21. googlymoogly

Yeah, the Louvin Brothers included.

misterclean likes this.
  22. Andy Pandy

Have you listened to the most recent Rhino release? Excellent IMO.

googlymoogly likes this.
  23. googlymoogly

I didn't know Rhino had re-issued that album! Will have to check it out. :agree:

24. One thing leads to another, just picked up a copy of Tramp on Your Street (Classic reissue) from discogs. Highway of Life would be good, dont believe it's ever been on vinyl.

And while we're on wish lists how about Richard Thompsons' Mirror Blue. MoFi are doing Rumor and Sigh but MB is as good and begging for someone to do it properly and hopeful correct some of the unusual production choices.

25. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

I am more interested in the two dillard and clark than in burrito deluxe. And i prefer them in 33rpm than in 45rpm because its cheaper and i don't like to be always on the move to changing sides...it breaks theflow of the music...

IR Shane and Andy Pandy like this.