New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. somedude

somedude Forum Resident

what is holding back the release if i may ask?

2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Paperwork.

3. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

They must be happy with what you did with the LP? What's holding back the paperwork, though it's none of my business? :D

IR Shane likes this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Just lots and lots of deals in the pipeline. And unlike LPs I don't manage the process for replication. That all goes through UMe completely, whereas once tapes go ou for LPs I handle everything.

FashionBoy, Fullbug and Electric like this.
  5. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

First off, thanks to Shane for being so accessible and responsive. Very cool, and inspires my loyalty to this great label.

Any thoughts on reissuing the following titles?

A) David Gray - White Ladder
    B) Joe Jackson - Big World
    C) Huey Lewis and The News (S/T - 1980)
    D) Bebel Gilberto (S/T - 2004)
    E) Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I picked up the flying burrito Brothers LP and just like the other titles that I have from intervention records the pressing is excellent, the mastering is excellent packaging is excellent. RTI is the best record pressing plant out there in my opinion.

Dan, jumpinjulian and Frank Field like this.
  7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Burrito Brothers LP arrived this morning from Amazon.com (US).

IR Shane likes this.
  8. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

...and my Burritos also arrived yesterday. Lovely package...tip on cover, poly sleeve, perfectly flat and shiny vinyl. It sounds fantastic. More of the same please!!

jumpinjulian, IR Shane and Fullbug like this.
  9. Classicrock

I can report my copy sounds great and is click free but it does have more than a slight dish. Even with my Orbe clamp there is a slight warp at the edge playing side 1.

10. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Sorry about that! I'd exchange it to your retailer. The first thousand are gone (I'm out but retailers still have stock) and this is just the second report of a defect. Nevertheless, you'll get a flat copy second time around without a doubt.

11. Classicrock

Not really practical as purchased from US through Amazon.com. Actually it appears to be you 'Intervention Records' were the seller.

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yeah but Amazon fulfills so a return would be handled by them as if it were sold by Amazon.

13. Classicrock

So you are saying Amazon have plenty of stock from you if I request a replacement?

14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

If it doesn't work to go through Amazon let me know and I'll get you a new copy. It's not acceptable for you to not have a flat copy! PM me.

15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yes, Amazon US has stock.

16. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I am so looking forward to getting a copy of the Burrito Bros. release.

IR Shane likes this.
  17. Classicrock

Just tried and they will only give a refund (maybe because of location). So case of getting refund and placing another order.

IR Shane likes this.
  18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Good- overseas shipping is murder if I do it.

19. Classicrock

Except they only refund when they receive the item (have to send to US direct at own expense) and then refund up to $15 shipping. Not worth the hassle since it plays perfectly (likely because I have a great table). Was hoping it could be done through UK free. Have to send back to Seattle Address.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  20. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I love Mickey Newbury's work and would applaud any effort on its behalf, but the three "American Trilogy" titles (Looks good Like Rain, Frisco Mabel Joy and Heaven Help the Child) were reissued on vinyl recently by Drag City (who are one of the finest record labels around), along with a collection of outtakes and demos.
    No offense to anyone intended, but Drag City's a better place for them than Intervention Records, or any other "audiophile label" for that matter.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Dan likes this.
  21. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Lewis Furey reissues would be a godsend, wherever they stem from.
    I don't think any of his work is currently in print.

wowliksom likes this.
  22. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

I scored a eBay bid war on this. 59 bucks CAD so not in the entirely insane category. A flawless well produced lp. I can't believe how few people know about this record.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. Same problem with my copy, a very distinct dish probably around 10mm for side 2. Fortunately still playable with my TT Weights outer ring clamp but without that close to frisby territory. Tossing up whether its worth the hassle and cost trying to rectify things with Amazon.com.
    Amazon UK much easier for me to deal with as they've never required a return for the few problem records I've had.
    Shame, as the sound is, as noted else where, very good and the physical package first class.

24. Classicrock

That is a lot worse than my copy. I tried it on my DD which has a recessed centre to the mat and the dish is only 3mm approx though it's not even so there is an undulation of a couple mm even when clamped on the Michell Orbe. I wonder if temp variations in transit are contributing to this?

25. What? They're only $40 each. You expected them to be perfect at that price?