New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I'm all in for Lyle Lovette. I wouldn't mind seeing you take a crack at some Bruce Hornsby.

2. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Wow. Somehow I missed this post. That's a great album. Some years back I was lucky enough to find an autographed copy of it at 1/2 Price Books in the days before their pricing got ridiculous. Can't wait to hear the IR reissue. It'll fit on the shelf very nicely next to the original.

IR Shane likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

There is but I'll tell you what, Pledge's deal is very friendly to the artist and it's great for Marshall. I think I'm in for a hand-written lyric sheet! And on top of that it's available through Pledge as reissue only, and will also be available through all my usual channels. But for big Marshall fans the extra stuff is super cool! Without blowing my horn I also think it's cool that these super fan packages are accompanying a truly premium AAA reissue.

4. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I certainly hope you are right: it's a crime when any master tapes are lost. Luckily, I have the originals, but would love to hear what Hoffman or Gray could do with them. I have heard a similar story about the Dinosuar Jr master tapes: supposedly lost and recent remaster is from Red Book.

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  5. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Since you are releasing the Joe Jackson live album (of which I have minty copy): I saw him in Kansas City at the Uptown last Friday. He was amazing. For some of his songs, he played the same arrangements as on the original album, but on many others, he wrote/performed an entirely different arrangement that was just as satisfying as the original. He's a genius. And his band was top notch, out-of-this-world good. An amazing show and if you guys like him, you should definitely go see him. The crowd was amazing and was amazingly eclectic: young, old, punk, prep and everything in between. The sound was fantastic as well and I had seats that usually have a bad bass resonance (I go to this venue frequently).

NorthNY Mark, IR Shane and vette442 like this.
  6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Awesome.... great news!

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I just received nearly £7 refund from Amazon in lieu of unpaid customs charges. This makes the warp on my Gilded Palace Of Sin more palatable. ;)

IR Shane likes this.
  8. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Also received a refund after two weeks but it was only 0,24 euro...so I paid 51 euros for the gilded palace of sin...

IR Shane likes this.
  9. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Shane, does it still look like the Burrito's SACD will be ready for the August 18 release date?

IR Shane and George P like this.
  10. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Yeah, even the late 90s Rykodisc reissues were remastered from old SST CDs. Everything that's been reissued since has been mastered from the Ryko CDs. I bought a vinyl reissue of Meat Puppets II, and it was obviously cut from the Ryko CD. It sounded identical, just pressed on noisy vinyl. I cranked the treble and could hear nasty digital artifacts, probably from an 16bit 80s CD being uprezed to 24bit. Awful. I stuck with the SST vinyl. Those aren't too hard to come by, and can generally be had for not too much $$$.

I don't think the master tapes are "lost," it's just that Greg Ginn is a lunatic and he won't release them. He probably just told Curt Kirkwood that they were lost, which is kind of his MO. Sonic Youth and others had to sue him to get their tapes back. The London albums could probably be licensed, though, and those masters are probably sitting in a vault in LA. I had a vinyl promo of Forbidden Places and it sounded great. Not sure what that was cut from.

Geee!, googlymoogly and Preston like this.
  11. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

That is great news about the Billy Squier. It really is a classic album, that had a lot of impact on people. I still remember buying it and Moving Pictures at the same time, and having both of them in the same bag.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

If it isn't the 18th it will be damned close. The art is off, and the DSD is ready, so it's out for replication!

13. George P

George P Notable Member

Great news! Do you plan to follow it up with their second album?

IR Shane likes this.
  14. Electric

:pineapple:

IR Shane likes this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

YES!

16. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Any chance on Neon Golden by The Notwist? I am pretty sure it was recorded digitally, but I bet if done correctly it would sound great on vinyl.

Preston, IR Shane and hamicle like this.
  17. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

All in for Lyle Lovette and I believe his albums are mostly digital recordings. Either way these would sound sublime on IR.
    Also Jimmie Spheeris would be another artist worthy of IR treatment.

IR Shane, davidkeith and sacsongs like this.
  18. Electric

Shane, ImportCDs is now showing a release date of Sept. 15 for the SACD. :confused:

Holowlegs and IR Shane like this.
  19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

It will be sooner. Everyone uses place holders.

Electric likes this.
  20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

You are kind of twisting my arm on Jimmie Spheeris ...

davidkeith, sacsongs and Clonesteak like this.
  21. Electric

Thanks Shane!
    Elusive Disc shows Aug. 31.

IR Shane likes this.
  22. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Burrito Deluxe please!

IR Shane, Clonesteak and George P like this.
  23. George P

George P Notable Member

It was confirmed above.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I want to share information on a very special release and make a very direct request to take a chance on this album: email : Webview : Coming Soon from IR: Murray Head's 1972 Classic "Nigel Lived"

I licensed Murray Head's great 1972 album Nigel Lived directly from Murray who gave me amazing pricing so we could increase our chances of finding a new audience for this great record. Because of Murray's generosity in terms I"m able to offer you a 100% analog mastered set of two 45 RPM LPs in a gatefold with an amazing 8-page book for just $38!

We used Phill Brown's personal master tapes, and the music and sound are phenomenal! As side 2 was 27 minutes there was really no other way than 45 RPM to do this and not sacrifice sound quality. It's never been better! Please give this one a chance, it would mean the world to Murray and me! Thanks!

25. George P

George P Notable Member

Do you have an estimated release day/month for your Burrito Deluxe SACD? Can I ask who is mastering it (and who mastered Gilded Palace of Sin)?

IR Shane likes this.