New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No date. Kevin Gray mastered Gilded Palace and will master Burrito Deluxe when I can get to it. I am anticipating a fall/winter release if I can get final clearances soon and get going on it.

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks, Shane. Great news that it will be Kevin Gray and that Deluxe will be along that soon! :wave:

IR Shane likes this.
  3. I'd love to see anything from Kate and Anna McGarrigle on IR

Satrus likes this.
  4. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Kevin Gray = instant purchase. :righton:

John Bliss, IR Shane and George P like this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I'm in for the SACD!

Craig.

art likes this.
  6. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Looking forward to the SACD! :righton:

IR Shane likes this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I also wanted to pass along some other release date notes:

The good news is that Judee Sill Self-Titled is HERE and she sounds AMAZING! The bad news is that all ground shipping routes from WA where I am go through Oregon which is in a heat wave through this week, so I had to push back the ship and on-sale dates. On-sale is now 8/25. Acoustic Sounds and Elusive will ship to you for 8/25 delivery. Thanks for your patience, this was unavoidable for obvious reasons.

Joe Jackson Summer in the City and Judee Sill Heart Food are now September. These just moved a little slower. Both will be GREAT!

The Gilded Palace SACD is stuck in production for want of super jewel boxes. I don't expect it to be stuck long, but it is what it is. Everyone wanted SJBs, and they'll have them.

8. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Likely a great call. I was in Medford, Oregon last week at this time and it was 111 degrees Fahrenheit :eek:!

John Bliss and IR Shane like this.
  9. athensdrums

athensdrums Forum Resident

"Joshua Judges Ruth" would be fantastic. I'd buy an Intervention reissue in a heartbeat.

Tullman, John Bliss and IR Shane like this.
  10. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

Now that is a great call! I would love to see the eponymous album, 'Kate & Anna McGarrigle' originally issued on Warner Bros., reissued by an audiophile label. I have never seen this on a Japan pressing. I am currently looking for a Netherlands first pressing of this one. They pressed very fine records in Holland back in the day. Intervention would do a great job with this one!

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  11. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Not a fan of the 2 LP, 45 RPM format, but I will be picking this up. Nice to see Murray Head wanting to get this great album some new fans and give you good pricing. Will the side breaks be 3/4/4/3 or 3/4/5/2, since the last 2 tracks run about 13 1/2 minutes?

IR Shane and Clonesteak like this.
  12. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Awesome Shane, thank you so much!

IR Shane likes this.
  13. Tingman

Tingman Forum Resident

Will be picking up the Billy Squier and Murray Head SACDs for sure. Thanks for undertaking this endeavor. Some of us love our SACDs.

art, IR Shane and George P like this.
  14. Laser Red

Laser Red Forum Resident

Any ETA on this?

IR Shane likes this.
  15. jasonmvt

jasonmvt Forum Resident

Hi Shane- I just picked up my first 2 IR titles. It's immediately obvious that care and attention to detail went in to the production of these reissues from the jacket, to the mastering, to the vinyl itself. So thank you for helping to raise the standard for what modern reissues can be.

That said, might I humbly suggest considering, if possible at some point, a change of the inner sleeve choice? Those thick plastic inners that cling hard to the record surface and RTI likes to use, are no good. Among vinyl friends we refer to them as Plastic Death Sleeves for their tendency to mark and scuff the surface of a record, increasingly worse the more months and years the vinyl has been kept inside of one and handled. They go straight in the recycle bin and are replaced with a Mofi inner as soon is the record is opened. I think they might even be worse than the plain, unlined paper sleeves.

Anyway, small complaint to make. Thanks for at least reading this and thanks again for the great reissues.

16. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Could you try to reissue Love's false start from 1970 ?

IR Shane and Cassius like this.
  17. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Meat Puppets - Forbidden Places. Instant buy for me. Not sure who owns their London Records output. I don't even think the CD (with silence gap errors) is even in print. I think it will happen, so I'll patiently wait.

18. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I wanted to give another vote for Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville, which I read in another thread here sounds fantastic on vinyl. After I read that, I looked for it on-line and VG+ copies are going for north of $200 and mint ones for more than $300.

IR Shane, Parkertown and Beaker73 like this.
  19. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Agreed.

IR Shane likes this.
  20. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

and another one

IR Shane likes this.
  21. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

An Off The Deep End request. Weird Al. UHF isnt common on vinyl either. Maybe Al has something planned though, now that he's said he's done making whole albums. Last I heard about Volcano (formerly Scotti Brothers) they were in transition with a buy-out or merger, so it might not be a good time to get rights. His later 80s and early 90s vinyl fetch high prices, like some of the other artists mentioned. Off the Deep End was a comeback album for him of sorts, and had some strong songs, along with the parodies.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  22. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm an SACD guy.
    Stealers Wheel
    Billy Squier
    FBB x 2
    Murray Head (only know a couple of his songs and never heard of Nigel Lived until now, but will buy it)
    Plus whatever else comes our way

Shane, shall I just give you my bank card now LOL ? :edthumbs:

IR Shane and Clonesteak like this.
  23. tympano

tympano Member

Gotta get those Caetano Veloso records into circulation. The early stuff is really hard to find here in the US.

24. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I'm another SACD guy so just wanted to say I am also excited for all the stuff coming out.

art and George P like this.
  25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Looks like Judee Sill is in stock at Elisive Disc. They appear to be the first to have it. I pre-ordered from Music Direct so I'm probably a week or so out but we should be seeing some sonic impressions being posted soon.