New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

This is a good idea. I should get the rice paper sleeves branded with my logo. I thought about that in the beginning, but I've really not gotten comments on this. I'll look into it,

2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yeah, thew were not supposed to put them up for sale and ship them yet. I shipped to everybody at the same time for an 8/25 on-sale/ship to date, but theirs got there earlier and they put them up. So if they ship to you a little late that is because I've asked them to honor the 8/25 date.

I LOVE this record! Can't wait until you all hear it.

sonofjim likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

One other note for you SACD guys- not officially announced but I will be doing the two Judee Sill records and Marshall Crenshaw Field Day Expanded on SACD, and will be doing almost everything moving forward in both formats.

I'm letting you know now ahead of the LP release so you can decide accordingly. The reason it was not announced is that my distributor URP is now supporting and have success with SACDs.

I don't even want to put a date on these as they are my first SACDs with Warner. It will take time to get dialed in their process. I expect the UMe releases to be very straightforward after having worked on FBB once the get those SJBs in stock!

So stay tuned! Lots of great stuff coming!

4. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

'The' best pressing of Kate & Anna McGarrigle was the original mastered at Kendun, I had the Carthage reissue and it paled in comparison. The Kendun pressing has it all.

JG

midniteinsanjuan likes this.
  5. James Glennon

I would love to see John Fogerty's Blue Moon Swamp released on vinyl for the very first time! Here's hoping!

JG

IR Shane and lpfreak1170 like this.
  6. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I don't doubt that. I had one in my hands several years ago but passed it up. I am not aware if the any of the first U.K., Netherlands or Germany pressings had the Kendun U.S. Mastering? I am not anywhere as anxious these days about buying U.S. pressings as I used to be. I have U.S. vinyl from every decade that plays without ticks/pops or noise in general. It is pretty amazing actually ... and I am talking about industry standard vinyl not the audiophile releases .

7. James Glennon

No Kendun in the UK or German pressings. Carthage label reissued it a couple of years ago, but it is quite poor in comparison to the original. I saw a US pressing only last week but it didn't have KENDUN in the deadwax. Saw them live in UCD round the time they were promoting that LP.

JG

8. ChrisScooter1

ChrisScooter1 Forum Resident

Couple more ideas...not sure if they've been mentioned yet:
    The Church -- Starfish
    The Plimsouls -- Everywhere at Once

9. ChrisScooter1

ChrisScooter1 Forum Resident

Yes! I will be purchasing the LP (although my 1st prsssing promo is pretty nifty, too) but I still do an awful lot of my listening from my digital library. Can't wait to have a decent version of both.

IR Shane likes this.
  10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Yes to the Church!!!

Stu02, cubbykat, IR Shane and 3 others like this.
  11. Boo Rad

Boo Rad His horse was fast as polished steel

Would love to see Neil Finn's - One All get released on vinyl (I believe it would be the first time)
    Also, Randy Newman's Good Old Boys would be a cool reissue

Randy S and Clonesteak like this.
  12. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Judee Sill Intervention 45rpm in stock at Amazon. Put my order in today - as a Prime member will have it Friday!!

IR Shane and ted321 like this.
  13. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

It's on Amazon.ca too, but...good thing I'm visiting Nashville in a few weeks:
    https://tinyurl.com/y7wttccm

14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Very anxious for any impressions on a Judee!

15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I'd love to but my order won't be sent for another two weeks from Music Direct.

sonofjim likes this.
  16. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Apparently I'm on the same boat. I don't know why but everyone seems to have gotten this BUT Music Direct.

IR Shane likes this.
  17. George P

George P Notable Member

Hope the same doesn't happen with Gilded Palace of Sin.

18. Yea! So Field Day will feature the remixes?

Cool!

Randy S likes this.
  19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I sell directly to Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc. They have Judee in stock and are shipping now. I consider those two my preferred online retailers.

Mikeyerg likes this.
  20. George P

George P Notable Member

Once again, thanks for your transparency, Shane!

Cassius, IR Shane and Clonesteak like this.
  21. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I'm glad, because I find Elusive Disc to be the most flexible with shipping to Canada. I have the Gilded Palace SACD pre-ordered there, along with the Spirit Clear SACD.

IR Shane likes this.
  22. I'm in for the forthcoming second Stealer's Wheel release, Judee Sill and the Gilded Palace SACD's.

art and IR Shane like this.
  23. MikeT

I personally prefer Music Direct, but for your releases since they are available on Amazon right away, Amazon is my go to source for Intervention.

art and IR Shane like this.
  24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Amazon doesn't discount, forget them. I can wait.

25. MikeT

After first listen.. real nice. Very quiet pressing, Judee's voice is stunningly real and in the room with you.

As with all other Intervention releases... Not to be missed. Great job as usual.

sjaca, Lars1966, IR Shane and 2 others like this.