New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Guess who's a REALLY big fan of The Missouri Breaks? However it might sound I have strong feelings about the music that are not positive. Click HERE to learn more.

sennj and canada_toque like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

11/3. I got the SACDs and shipped them to retailers this week!

art likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

VERY excited to hear what you all think of this one- I was listening last night and I'm just ecstatic about how this one came out!

Geee! likes this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Another label has those tied up, I've tried like hell to get the Lemonheads.

5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Ok,. I've been asked about Cracker a million times so I have to look into it. But 45 RPM?? man people gave me bloody hell over doing the Sills at 45 RPM and I think those were spot on for that format!

krisjay and lpfreak1170 like this.
  6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I have seen Billy Squier on LP, when is the release date of the SACD?

IR Shane likes this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Hopeful for Q1 of 2018. However, I am hustling and hoping to release the LP before Xmas!

8. Randy S

Randy S Ibuprofen junkie In Memoriam

26 minute sides need to be split up IMO. I don’t mind the flipping if I did I’d just listen to CDs.;)

9. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I actually like the music. I’ve never seen the film so I can’t say whether it really fits. The U/A Vinyl is pretty dynamic and fun to play IMO but I haven’t found a quiet one yet. Sounds like I should keep trying!

IR Shane likes this.
  10. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Shane, Elusive Disc is showing Nov. 10th for Murry Head's Nigel Lived on SACD. Is that accurate?

IR Shane and bruce2 like this.
  11. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

something by Goldfrapp? debut? Boston s/t?

12. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Shane, are you into hip hop? A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, would be incredible.

polchik, IR Shane, scotth and 3 others like this.
  13. ABSOLUTELY. Outkast, Wu-Tang, Dre / Death Row stuff... all would be very welcome in my house.

IR Shane, scotth and Gabe Walters like this.
  14. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Is this coming out on SACD?

15. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

+1

scotth likes this.
  16. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I guess we all have our recommendations on possible titles, and none seem like bad choices IMO. Meanwhile, Summer In the City is here and it’s another stellar release. You’ll know it’s a quality item from the moment you hold it in your hands.

The digital origins of the recording are not a sonic issue to me. Much like the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Session by AP, the recording doesn’t suffer apparent shortcomings for me. Great performance and the vinyl and packaging quality are perfect.

17. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Sounds really good. The cymbals sound a little "tizzy, but piano, bass (oh boy the bass) and vocals are spot on. Didn't compare to the CD, which even though I listened to a lot when released, I haven't heard in a few years. Will pull CD out soon to compare.

IR Shane and Geee! like this.
  18. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Any luck with David Gray's "White Ladder" - bet that would be really nice on vinyl.

19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Good digital, even if it's 16/44 can make for excellent vinyl. However, going from 16-bit to 24-bit, as the case is in comparing the Summer in the City CD release to our vinyl, there is no comparison! 24-bits increases the information exponentially and boy can you hear it! In addition the original CD has several dB of compression and of course we used none.

20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I am not a fan of that artist. Sorry!

21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

You're in for a good laugh!

22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No, that's not accurate. I would guess early 2018 but it's just a guess. Right now Universal SACDs are the easiest because they handle all of the production- the art, reduplication, etc. Flying Burrito Bros. has shipped to retailers and is on-sale 11/3!

I am in the process of working out the production workflow and am hoping to have that ironed out this week. Then I can get some orders in- aside from Nigel Lived I have some others lined up that haven't even been announced, and I am moving toward making SACDs part of my deals on an ongoing basis, so there will be more to follow.

But I am in the process of ironing out the kinks. I'll have it dialed in soon and then it will move faster.

Dok likes this.
  23. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I listened again this afternoon to the first Judee Sill album, and I've gotta say that in addition to the fine mastering, RTI is knocking it out of the park in terms of pressing quality. These Intervention LPs are as good in that respect as any I've ever heard or seen.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Murray Head was a revelati9n for me! Thanks so much for this one. He was my favorite Judas by far(don’t say that too often :laugh:). Can’t wait for the second Burritos!

IR Shane likes this.
  25. George P

George P Notable Member

Since Elusive Disc says expected 11/3, can they sell them earlier if they get them earlier?

yardbuzzard and IR Shane like this.