New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

@IR Shane it's great that you're doing Starfish - a definite purchase here. Would you also consider the fantastic Church acoustic albums: El Momento Descuidado and El Momento Siguiente? Neither of these were ever released on vinyl AFAIK and the latter is a very expensive CD, for some reason. They would sound great, given the IR treatment.

IR Shane, jimhb and Echo like this.
  2. beatlebum

beatlebum Forum Resident

The early stuff before Starfish on SACD would be a dream come true.

izgoblin, IR Shane, jimhb and 2 others like this.
  3. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I would like to see The Red Shoes reissued from the analogue source used for the Fish People CD version. Original is now pricey used.

IR Shane, ad180 and NorthNY Mark like this.
  4. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

I realized after it was too late to edit my previous post that The Red Shoes was also not readily available on vinyl. While it's not nearly as desirable to me as Aerial would be, I would almost certainly buy it as well if it were reissued.

IR Shane and ad180 like this.
  5. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

@IR Shane
    Shane, I'll wash and wax your car on a regular basis if you can do the first Firefall album on SACD. :p

The original vinyl is very good but there are no good digital versions (too bright, shaved off bass, no juicy midrange.)

[​IMG]

art, bigal00769 and IR Shane like this.
  6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Yes, Hounds of Love and The Sensual World were licensed to Audio Fidelity. They sound great!

Another vote here for Aerial, and also The Red Shoes... but most of all, The Dreaming, probably my favorite Kate Bush album.

TheSeldomSeenKid and IR Shane like this.
  7. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

The Black Crowes.

BlackCrowesBlackCrowesBlackCrowes!!

@jammincrowe @Rhett @JeffHunt @NapalmBrain @Crowes72 @crowesBR @wiseblood @JPJs Bass Guitar @Matthew Tate @jazz_case @Lambert75
    @Plan9

Anyone interested in some Black Crowes AUDIOPHILE releases? SACD and Kevin Gray cut LP?

BY YOUR SIDE

And

3 Snakes & 1 Charm

The current BYS LP is expensive and terrible sounding. And rare.

It needs spread out over 3 - and even 4 sides of vinyl (if B-sides are included)...

The current CD is just a loud/clipped/compressed/super smiley faced EQed MESS. Just...horrid.
    There's a good record somewhere up under that mess.

3S&1C deserves better than to have the best sounding vinyl version w/b-sides included to be spread out over 7 7" records...the recent UM/e LP pressing sounds like poo...the only CD currently in print is the overblown 98 remaster...

It NEEDS an overhaul.

If @IR Shane can get the rights from Sony...yall gonna buy it, riiiiiiight!?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  8. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Used copies can be found cheaply at least in UK.

IR Shane likes this.
  9. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

Yes--though I had a hard time getting an acceptably clean used copy of the UK Dreaming here in the US (and the Canadian version I tried sounded veiled). I ended up being very happy with a Japanese pressing, which sounded similar to the UK but with pristine surfaces. In any event, there are s plenty of used vinyl copies floating around for all of her '80s work, and plenty of new copies for everything since Director's Cut, leaving Aerial and The Red Shoes as most desperately in need of reissues.

IR Shane and ad180 like this.
  10. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Yes, I have a UK copy of The Dreaming, but it’s not mastered by Kevin Gray... why wouldn’t I want my favorite Kate Bush album sounding as good as the Audio Fidelity titles? ;)

By all means, Aerial and The Red Shoes are the desired titles, but that won’t stop me from requesting The Dreaming.

NorthNY Mark and IR Shane like this.
  11. Crowes72

Crowes72 Forum Resident

I second this, especially 3 Snakes, my personal favorite Crowes album. Bring it please!

art, jazz_case, Dorian75 and 3 others like this.
  12. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Sooo sooo excited about Starfish! Do you have any ideas when it will be released?

IR Shane likes this.
  13. telepicker97

3 Snakes is my favorite, too...a southern-fried psychedelic gumbo with a kaleidoscopic 3D soundscape, when presented correctly. Unfortunately, the only CDs and LPs currently in print do the album, the band's apex and masterpiece of sound, any real justice.

As for BYS...we can only improve the situation from what happened.

art, 0476pearljam, jazz_case and 2 others like this.
  14. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

I would like to suggest the Brian Ferry solo LP's ...yes

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Love those albums but I'm fairly sure the Japanese SACDs released not too long ago are still around to be had...

16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Fall.

dobyblue, Defrance, Dorian75 and 4 others like this.
  17. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Any expect release date for Judee on SACD?

18. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

I've enjoyed all of the IR releases that I've heard. But man, if they started putting out Black Crowes reissues my MIND WOULD BE BLOWN.

19. Dok

Dok Senior Member

BTW your Murray Head disc is superb. Wasn't familiar with the album before but the more I listen the more I really like! A really great production for the time.

art, Clonesteak and IR Shane like this.
  20. telepicker97

Fixed my post,
    Mine,

Too.

It'd be a Crowes fan's dream come true to have those albums in High Quality mastering on their choice of 180/150g Lp or Hybrid SACD.

It's long been mine.

0476pearljam, jazz_case and PoeRaider like this.
  21. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

100% YES... these would be so welcome to the Crowes fan base.... both would be terrific.. 3 Snakes would be phenomenal !!!!! BYS would crank !!!

really hoping these get considered.. I'd be all in and I know a few other people that would as well

0476pearljam and jazz_case like this.
  22. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Would love to see the holy trinity of The Black Crowes albums + another one given the deluxe 2CD/DVD or SACD hybrid/SHM or whatever of Southern Harmony & Musical Companion (1992); amorica (1994); Three Snakes and One Charm (1996) and the Band (1997).
    The album called 'Band' was released around a decade ago but I'd like to hear the un-futzed with version remastered. I like how my boot of this 1997 album is mixed but would like a better clarity to it.

23. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

3 Snakes on the recent reissue Vinyl is actually very good IMO. Still, would I buy an Intervention version? Of course. I agree the first and Southern Harmony could use a bit of help.

24. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

By Your Side - hmm - well not sure I'm into that album. I listen to that one as much as I listen to the Crowes' album from 2008 'Warpaint'. Just not into those.
    I do like the b-sides that came from By Your Side which weren't on the album. Seems they left good songs off of there.

If they did a nice deluxe edition of the albums through Lions - I'd buy them again! No brickwalling; bonus tracks and unreleased tracks. The album amorica contain the videos from that album along with the film of the amorica release party that has remained largely unreleased.

25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

As long as we’re making endless recommendations, how about Uncle Tupelo Anodyne? The original is prohibitively pricey. The Rhino is one of those I should have bought but hesitated a bit too long and now it’s pricey too. Great band that seems right up Intervention’s alley. I think Jeff would be all in. Jay? Who knows.