New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Can’t imagine Spiritualized’s catalog selling well, nor SACDs selling really at all. It’s niche stacked upon niche.

2. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Sometimes niche is good. It's certainly more interesting than the same old 'classic rock' warhorses the other labels keep releasing.

And give me a SACD over vinyl any day of the week!

JDeanB, art, hutlock and 1 other person like this.
  3. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Agree with you on the battle axes; I wouldn’t be taking the bet on producing Spriritualized SACDs, that’s all.

hamicle and ParanoidAndroid like this.
  4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I musta had my head up my rear, because I completely missed "Summer In the City" being released. So I ordered just now and it will arrive on Saturday :goodie:

Thanks to all that bumped up this thread.

I'm also very excited for the Matthew Sweet titles :)

Shane, you're doing a helluva job picking titles that have been underrepresented and not the typical classic-rock-staples. I absolutely love the Erasure, B.A.D., Joe Jackson, etc. And I'm for sure down with any/all Church titles :agree: The "Lost 90's Series" is right up my alley, and I'll be buying as many as my budget allows.

IR Shane and ad180 like this.
  5. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I think it would do well on vinyl—the Plain reissues have gone to press multiple times—especially with Gen X and younger. I can’t see Spiritualized doing well on SACD. Their fan base buys vinyl but no longer CD formats.

hamicle likes this.
  6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I’d be happy if all IR tackled was Ladies and Gentlemen... That’s the general public’s favorite, and would probably do well on both LP and SACD. I’ve been waiting for a good reissue in ANY format... I’d probably buy both!

7. Gabe Walters

I would too, especially if it means getting a lossless copy of the Elvis version on a digital format.

ad180 likes this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I doubt the licensing would allow for that, since it was removed from the original release. But we can dream, can't we? :)

9. Gabe Walters

But it was restored in 2009 or thereabouts after the dispute was resolved. I don’t know if that means it’s up for grabs for future releases though—it may have been a one-time deal.

ad180 likes this.
  10. Gabe Walters

Also, the streaming version is the Elvis version, which I take as a good sign. But the Plain reissue on vinyl is not, so who knows.

11. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Wow, I had no idea that happened!

Gabe Walters likes this.
  12. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

Got an email recently saying to watch out for the next few releases (particularly the Matthew Sweet albums)
    Needless to say I'm chomping at the bit here! As soon as the presales go up I'm there!!

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  13. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I got that email too, and purchased the Matthew Sweet vinyl package pre-order...a set of three 2-LP sets and "Son of Altered Beast" for $135. Damned good deal, I'd say, considering the great quality stuff we've been getting from IR.

James Bennett and IR Shane like this.
  14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Just a heads-up, I had the pages live for some testing for a few hours and people jumped right in! They weren't complete, and not ready. Placed orders will be honored, bt these won't go live again until next week. Sorry for the hassle!

15. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Missed this originally, but I would kill for a respectfully mastered Descuidado. Preferably available somehow in a redbook CD format but I'll take what I can get. My bride's walking down the aisle to "A New Season" and I'd prefer to not spoil the wedding with nasty compression. (Of course, I've yet to find a woman who has any interest in the music I like and who can also tolerate me as a person, but when I do, I'd like a well-mastered version to be available.)

sacsongs and stonedhenge like this.
  16. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Ooops! I thought you were ready to "sell, sell, sell"! Well, at least you know your newest offerings will likely bring in some vigorous pre-sale business!

IR Shane likes this.
  17. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

18. Gabe Walters

19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

YES- I do want to let you guys all know, Matthew is also doing a Pledge campaign and lining up some cool merch packages and other stuff. I want to let them get that out there. But I DO appreciate all the direct sales I can get! It makes a HUGE difference to the label.

20. Please let us know when you are ready for Canadian orders, Shane. I want to support you directly as well.

eddiel and IR Shane like this.
  21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Thank you! I lit up Int'l sales some time ago including Canada. I have to charge actual shipping from USPS. Does that work out better or worse than Amazon?

22. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

@IR Shane what do you think of Brian Eno &
    John Cale - Wrong Way Up ? Now that I'm sure you listened to it ;)

23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

For Canadians USPS tends to be better because it will be delivered by Canada Post on our side who usually do not stop the package to add customs charges and when they do they charge a reasonable (relatively speaking) brokerage fee. If sent by other methods like UPS, Fedex, etc it might be cheaper initially but there will be a 100% chance that they add tax at the border plus an higher brokerage fee making it not as cheap. At least in my experience.

For a US seller, they are clean regardless of what method they use, but for the buyers in Canada it can make a big difference.

Amazon.com now charges tax at check out to Canadians (once the $20 threshold is hit). So we always pay. I bought my Flying Burrito Brothers SACD from Elusive Discs. Their postage charges are reasonable.

24. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

This is really good info to know, so thank you from a fellow Torontonian.

TheeGory and eddiel like this.
  25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The Matthew Sweet pages are back up and will stay up. Pledge will announce the campaign later, so for those of you want to wait and see they are prepping some very cool super fan bundles!

lpfreak1170 and Ryan_Pretzel like this.