New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

That wasn't the case in Canada where the initial listing on Amazon.ca was around $70 Can which is about $50 US. After a few months the price started to drop and as soon as it fell below $50 Can I bought a copy. My point is that no record priced at the $50 mark is going to sell a lot no matter how good it is (and this is a very good record). Most single disc reissues these days are pricing at around $25-$35 Can.

2. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I didn't know you were in Canada. I'm not too sure, though, that IR has much control over how their offerings are initially priced by out-of-country vendors they have wholesaled (wholesold?) to.

canada_toque and IR Shane like this.
  3. I know that the first Stealer's Wheel didn't sell well on SACD but I am hopeful that it will eventually sell well enough to convince the label to put in on SACD as well.

art likes this.
  4. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Mono mix of ISB's Safe At Home on (SA)CD.

Remix of the first two Pure Prairie League albums. In sore need of some bottom end.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  5. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

The soundtrack? Hell, the film itself finally needs a blu-ray release.

jdrueke likes this.
  6. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Our pricing experience in Canada isn't evidence that Ferguslie Park didn't sell well in the USA based on high pricing
    in Canada. That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Americans didn't buy it because it was expensive in Canada?

The pricing of IR titles is consistent with other premium reissues, like Analogue Productions, Mofi, Impex,
    Speaker's Corner, Music Matters, Analog Spark, etc that are using the same formula. They seem to sell.
    When an album doesn't sell it's because the title didn't connect with the audience for the music.

Furthermore, given their premium price of $99 USA, would you agree that Mofi selling out all their copies in pre-order
    of their one-step series is "a lot"? I think the price barrier is much higher in general that it appears it is for you.

polchik, IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  7. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

I said at the time (see post #560) that prices in Canada were off the scale. I was only commenting on my experience of trying to find an affordable copy of this when it came out. If you're in Canada, buying from sellers in the US is often not an option, given the added costs of shipping, customs duties, brokerage fees etc. I've occasionally bought other premium US-produced reissues from Canadian suppliers but never paid more than $50 Can for a single disc - and frankly wouldn't. But obviously the Canadian market is going to be different from the US market. Still, I do think there would have been a few other Stealers Wheel fans north of the border who would have snapped this up at a better price. Hopefully they will do so now.

googlymoogly likes this.
  8. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

jhm likes this.
  9. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

How about the mono mixes of Jefferson Airplanes' Crown and Baxter on (SA)CD?

Dennis Metz, tlake6659 and art like this.
  10. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

This is correct- it was $35 SRP like everything else. And I have no control over what sellers sell for in Canada. This is an old saw at this point.

11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Now darn it, let me tell you this- that is the best damned record you'll ever get for $18! It's a better album top to bottom than the first, and the Lp and jackets are just amazing!

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No control at all. I honestly don't know why something I have no control over is a continual topic on this forum. It's absolutely pointless belly aching.

canada_toque, jhm and googlymoogly like this.
  13. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Oh yeah, without a doubt , ‘Ferguslie Park“ is the finest album they released, so many great songs and it sounds soooo good, original vinyl is great but intervention’s is just sublime.

IR Shane, lpfreak1170 and art like this.
  14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Heads up- 100% Fun came in and the stickers were wrong and need to be re-done. Street date is bumping from 6/22 to 6/29. Apologies. Pre-orders directly from me might arrive a smidge early ...

Ryan_Pretzel and George P like this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Street date for Gene Clark White Light on SACD is 6/29- it's here! And it sounds beautiful!

art, AlienRendel, RTurner and 11 others like this.
  16. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

I always love the term "street date" for records. Makes me imagine I'm going to walk outside and there'll be kids waving albums, yelling "Gene Clark! Get your Gene Clark right here! Hot off the presses!"

17. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Shane will be riding a bike through neighborhoods tossing out White Light SACDs on our lawns.

18. googlymoogly

Then we'd complain about how the SACD was thrown too far from the porch, or that it crashed through the front picture window, or that it ended up in the hydrangeas. Gotta keep some creaky old man perspective here.

19. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Or how terrible it sounded once we finally threw it on the turntable.

20. George P

George P Notable Member

"Anything else is for the birds!!"

;)

IR Shane and canada_toque like this.
  21. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

22. googlymoogly

23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Is that a compilation? I've shied away from those as the masters are most likely compilation not master sources. Never know though I guess.

24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

OMG I LOVED that show! Cousin Donald was a BOSS!

arob71 likes this.
  25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I will NEVER do multichannel albums. Barking up the wrong label for that.

art likes this.