New Rush 5.1 Releases (Sector 1, 2, 3 Boxsets)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Simon_LDT, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident Thread Starter

Found this on another forum:

Holy....... A shame that only 3 of these will be in surround and hi-res (I guess it's only time before all are available) but damn I would LOVE to hear the 3 chosen, albeit its a bit strange that FBN was chosen instead of 2112. AFTK and Signals will be awesome!

2. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Wow, this is the first I'm hearing of this. I agree that it's a shame that only one disc in each set will be MC/Hi-Res. AFTK should be awesome in surround but I would also love to hear Hemispheres in 5.1 also.

3. Mike McMann

Mike McMann Forum Resident

My word, is there no end to all this stuff I have to have.
    Pink Floyd, Tull, Stones and The Who and all in November.

Another great year for those who love this stuff.

4. CRSearle

CRSearle Member

Great news but strange details of this are surfacing so close to release date. Seems they would want to hype these releases more. I'm definitely interested in picking them up.

5. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Great news but I think its a mistake to release all 3 boxed sets at once. Staggering the releases would increase sales. I wonder how many copies of each will be made.

6. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

7. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

SO are the high rez masters dithered down to 16/44.1 for cd. It looks like the packages contain 5cds and 1 DVD, so how will they present the full 96/24 transfers of the 5 LP's?

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

So they want us to buy a five album box set to get one album in hi-rez? Not buying all these Rush CD's again. I'll wait for stand alone hi-rez releases, which will likely come in the future. If not, I'll pass. Didn't care for the "hi-rez" Moving Pictures at all, and I returned it.

9. jenglund72

jenglund72 Forum Resident

How dumb...who makes these types of decisions? I would LOVE to have the catalog in 5.1, but I'm sure not buying a box set with a few CDs and just ONE of them in 5.1.

Doesn't Rush have enough money? Why keep putting out greatest hits and weird collections like these?

10. ModernDayWarrior

I have to agree with you there. I'm really hating the fact that I have to buy all the albums again just to get 3 hi-res releases. I know I'll end up buying them anyway but it just bugs me that they can't just do deluxe editions of each album.

11. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

the original post says ALL the albums are in 96/24, though....so how will they be delivered?

12. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

What was the final consensus on Moving Pictures? Were people happy with the 5.1 treatment there? And what can we expect about the quality of the remasters here on the basis of that one?

13. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

No. The post says that they were mastered in 24/96. I'd be willing to bet that they were converted to 16/44.1.

14. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

If they want to do the job right, they should take a cue from Pink Floyd and Genesis.

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

All transferred to 96/24 and remastered. It sounds as if only one of the five in each box set will actually be released as a hi-rez stereo and mch Blu-Ray or DVD. I think the others are just CD's. Guess we'll have to wait for clarification.

16. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

Not touching these; all the albums, only 3 in high rez??

I'll wait for the stand alone versions, should they come! (which they probably will!)

17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm sure these will be released separately at some point. Like the blu-ray disc in the Floyd box set, it's a cash-grab to take advantage of those with expendable income (all two dozen of you) who absolutely can't wait. You'll see this stuff next year, I'm almost sure of it.

Also, this is just the Mercury/Anthem albums, which I'd guess Rush does not control, which is why you've seen so many compilations over the last few years that only cover the 1974-87 years.

18. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Yep, I have mixed feelings about this. I want the whole catelog in high-rez/5.1. Guess I'll wait for ModernDayWarrior to get them and let me know if its worth buying now :)

Very bizarre way of doing things. Are these people smoking something??

19. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Will Moving Pictures contain the stereo remaster featured on the recent release?

I hope not, really

20. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I guess waiting til the complete facts come out about the details before bashing the sets isn't in the cards here, is it? :shake:

21. ModernDayWarrior

IDK if it's in my budget to get these to be honest. I might wait to see if they are released individually. At the moment I'm more interested in the new Cleveland concert that's coming out anyway.

22. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

From Pink Floyd, yes. From Genesis, heck no!

23. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

People often trash Genesis releases. I don't know why

Well, in terms of sonics, I can understand. But in terms of bonus content and others, they were far superior than most of re-issues out there, including Beatles

24. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

No Blu Rays?

25. I am confused about what these sets actually are. If the are 24/96 DVD's for each album, I will purchase. If these are just another round of remastered CD's, no thanks. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.