New SF monster film Colossal

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

And, I'm not so sure it's the girl's problem -
    1. "It" has appeared before she went to park
    2. And the other "big" character.

2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

You need to watch the movie again, closer this time. She and the monster are one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
    Dudley Morris and Chris DeVoe like this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

In the opening scene, we just see the one large monster appear briefly. Later we see how it is Gloria went to what is now the park as a kid. But why didn't the robot also appear in Seoul when young Oscar was in the same area?

4. The Hud

It is possible that the robot appeared, we just didn't see it.

5. Dillydipper

Not debating my point here because in your haste to catch me, you may have just posted a spoiler in plain sight. Responding in PM.

If you are planning on seeing this, don't let The Hud's post answering me, keep you from drawing your own conclusions. After watching.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
  6. It's not open to interpretation it is spelled out quite clearly in two scenes. As to the other point....watch the film again. Just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. We are only shown the picture from before with the creature in silhouette. By withholding info, the director provides a surprise alThough they do violate the rule at one point related to the playground towards the end.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. The Hud

You are right, my bad.

8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is my favorite movie of the year, and I luuurved "Logan". To be honest, I'd see Anne Hathaway in "The Phonebook-A Dramatic Reading in Two Parts".

9. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

One of my favorites this year up with Hidden Figures, The Founder and maybe a couple others. Might check out Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this weekend. I assume you can buy or rent it now because it seems to be widely available n0w.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. Dillydipper

Oh I fully intend to, probably not in time to apologize for any gaffes in my observations in due time. I'll refrain from risking any more of them, and bow out now.

Okay, one more observation: uncontrollable lizard creature amok in Korea, flailing about and causing untold destruction...but on the other side of the world she looks like Anne Hathaway...?
    Yeah, I'd hit that. Anybody seen my ginormous spiked Ninja Boots...?

11. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Thanks for the recommendation - we are going to rent it on Saturday.

The Hud likes this.
  12. I agree.

13. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Very good movie, and yes, the trailors make it seem much more lighthearted than it really is.

I kept waiting for the younger guy to step in and at least try to help her...or someone to call the cops as they were fighting at the playground so often. [/SPOLIER]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.