New Sinatra collection "Baby Blue Eyes..." (Digital album, CD, double LP)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

FRANK SINATRA ‘BABY BLUE EYES… MAY THE FIRST VOICE YOU HEAR BE MINE’

TINA SINATRA CURATES A LULLABY FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS ALIKE

20-SONG COLLECTION AVAILABLE GLOBALLY MAY 12

Download from iTunes

Los Angeles – May 11, 2017 – Frank Sinatra always saluted his audience with a toast: “May You Live To Be A Hundred And The Last Voice You Hear Be Mine.” Envisioned as a child’s first musical library to be shared with the generations before, Tina Sinatra has curated a special compilation of Sinatra recordings for children and parents alike. On May 12, Universal Music Group will release Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine.

After combing the songs from Sinatra’s Reprise, Capitol and Sony catalogs, Tina carefully chose 20 songs for ‘Baby Blue Eyes’ that express a father’s love, compassion and dreams for children around the world. Featuring a baby photo of Sinatra on its cover, the collection will be available for download purchase or streaming across all major digital music providers worldwide, and at Sinatra.com’s Sinatra 100 shop.

Purchase or stream Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine:
    Download or Stream

“Dad is perhaps best remembered as a saloon singer. He often referred to himself as such,” says Tina Sinatra. “But, first, he was a Father and that emotional connection to the child in all us is ever-present in this collection of songs that I have chosen as a concert to each new generation.”

Frank Sinatra: Baby Blue Eyes… May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine [digital album]
    1. Yes Sir, That’s My Baby
    2. Ain't She Sweet
    3. It’s A Wonderful World
    4. Isn’t She Lovely
    5. I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
    6. Pocketful Of Miracles
    7. I Believe
    8. It’s Only A Paper Moon
    9. High Hopes
    10. Jeepers Creepers
    11. Pennies From Heaven
    12. How Cute Can You Be?
    13. A Baby Just Like You
    14. Bein’ Green
    15. Hush-A-Bye-Island
    16. Fairy Tale
    17. Young At Heart
    18. Dream
    19. Put Your Dreams Away
    20. Cradle Song (Brahms Lullaby)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
    dalem5467 and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  2. DABarrios

DABarrios Forum Resident

That's an intriguing track list, not going to lie.

It's cool to see "Isn't She Lovely" making its way onto a compilation. That track should've made its way onto Trilogy.

Bob F likes this.
  3. Bob F

Interesting to see a mix of Columbia, Capitol, and Reprise tracks ranging over 35 years. Once I can pin down the exact versions used, I'll post the list of recording dates.

4. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

No "That's What God Looks Like To Me"? That's a song from Trilogy that should be here. Quintessence of a father's love for his son. Well, of FS's songs, mine anyway, for my son. Five years old next week :righton:.

Benno123 and bozburn like this.
  5. scoredaddy

scoredaddy Forum Resident

where's the Dum-Dot Song???????

Bob F likes this.
  6. Tina_UK

Tina_UK Forum Resident

I was asked for a song for a playlist when a family member had a baby boy a few years ago "That's What God Looks Like To Me" was my song of choice, the words say it all.

DmitriKaramazov and mahanusafa02 like this.
  7. Ronald Sarbo

Ronald Sarbo Forum Resident

Forget everything else....how can they leave out "Soliloquy" from "Carousel"?

8. Bob F

Recording Dates (month/day/year):
    1. 05/11/66 Yes Sir, That’s My Baby *
    2. 04/10/62 Ain't She Sweet? *
    3. 05/19/61 It’s a Wonderful World *
    4. 08/22/79 Isn’t She Lovely? *
    5. 12/21/60 I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm *
    6. 11/22/61 A Pocketful of Miracles *
    7. 11/25/57 I Believe †
    8. 08/31/60 It’s Only a Paper Moon †
    9. 05/08/59 High Hopes †
    10. 04/19/54 Jeepers Creepers †
    11. 01/10/56 Pennies from Heaven †
    12. 02/03/46 How Cute Can You Be? ‡
    13. 10/24/75 A Baby Just Like You *
    14. 10/26/70 Bein’ Green *
    15. 08/22/46 Hush-a-Bye Island ‡
    16. 07/29/55 Fairy Tale †
    17. 12/09/53 Young at Heart †
    18. 03/03/60 Dream †
    19. 12/11/57 Put Your Dreams Away †
    20. 12/03/44 The Cradle Song (Brahms’ Lullaby) ‡
    Studio:

* Reprise
    Capitol
    Columbia

9. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Wow! Awesome work Bob!! Thanks!!!

Bob F likes this.
  10. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Yes thanks Bob, some songs picked are a bit of a stretch as a tide in , imo, and a number that better match the theme are missing.
    As Ronald noted Carousel and I'm surprised he did not note there's no Michael & Peter too......... or maybe I'm not!
    ;)

Dave
    Peace and love✌

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  11. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Only 19 tracks on Amazon here in the uk and it's the last track that's missing for whatever reason.

Dave
    Peace and love✌

12. Bob F

Beaneydave likes this.
  13. shicorp

shicorp Senior Member

Anything new here?

14. Bob F

Nothing that hasn't appeared somewhere before, but this is the first release of "Isn't She Lovely?" outside of the Complete Reprise suitcase/box set. For those who haven't heard it...

Complete album playlist here: Baby Blue Eyes - YouTube (may be blocked in some countries)

MerseyBeatle and shicorp like this.
  15. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

My wife and I have no children, but I still feel that "That's What God Looks Like To Me" is one of Frank's all-time greatest songs and YES, it is a huge head scratcher of why Tina chose to not include it on this particular comp?

16. Bob F

"That's What God Looks Like to Me" is a father's answer to a son's question. I'm guessing Tina chose this songlist for a baby GIRL. (Perhaps her sister Nancy's new granddaughter.)

Chris C likes this.
  17. shicorp

shicorp Senior Member

Many thanks :) I'll give it a try by using existing disks and see how it "flows", then ;)

Bob F likes this.
  18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I love both the concept and the cover. :)

19. Bob F

As posted on Facebook…

Tina Sinatra’s careful curation of 'Baby Blue Eyes…May The First Voice You Hear Be Mine' is now available in CD format to accompany its digital release earlier this year.

Exclusive to the Sinatra Shop, order now: Baby Blue Eyes by Frank Sinatra
    [​IMG]

MLutthans likes this.
  20. kennyluc1

kennyluc1 Frank Sinatra collector

I am assuming that Tina picked the song titles. Just goes to show how well she knows here Father's complete catalog.

21. Bob F

You’re being too hard on Tina. In a Christmas special on Sirius/XM radio, Tina discussed her selections for this album with Charles Pignone. She mentioned that she picked these songs for newborns, and that a second volume for toddlers is (or may be?) expected. She said that she had chosen enough material for three such albums.

22. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

I used to play In the Wee Small Hours as a lullaby for my niece several years ago. No kidding. It worked like a charm.

23. kennyluc1

No alternate takes, session material, studio chatter. I can't wait to see her choices for volume two.

24. kennyluc1

I wish they would let Steve program a CD for them.

25. kennyluc1

Since I bought this item, I feel, I have a right to a opinion. I am a long time collector and I want something that would indicate that
    person picking the songs really knows the catalog. I don't understand how you can leave off " To Love A Child " based on my perception of the intended concept
    that should be there. Also, is the selling point there is a song released that can only be found on the box so now you don't have to buy the box set.
    Well if it is I don't like it. Telling the collector if you like this song it is only on the 20-cd box set, well, now you don't have to buy the box set
    to get this song, don't like this as a selling point. Cradle song ... 3 versions recorded why not pick a version not easy to find, and that goes for all titles recorded more than once. Just my opinion, give me something I don't have..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.