New 'Star Trek: Discovery' TV Series a Go at CBS All Access*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Nov 2, 2015.

1. I hope they release this on UHD BD or at least BD, picture quality plus lossless sound would be an insane experience.

DreadPikathulhu and Meng like this.
  2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I’m looking forward to a physical release as well as there were some minor streaming glitches early in the season.

Too many people ignored the show because they had to pay a fee to watch it, yet they’ll pay $40 for a blu-ray set.

BeatleJWOL and Encuentro like this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

4. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Perfect casting. Great actor, whom I always thought resembled Jeffery Hunter. The loss of Lorca is less painful now.

Encuentro likes this.
  5. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

7. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

DISCOVERY Showrunners Berg, Harberts Out for Season 2 | TrekCore Blog

"Insiders also stress that Berg and Harberts became increasingly abusive to the Discovery writing staff, with the latter said to have leaned across the writers’ room table while shouting an expletive at a member of the show’s staff.

Multiple writers are said to have been uncomfortable working on the series and had threatened to file a complaint with human resources or quit the series altogether before informing Kurtzman of the issues surrounding Berg and Harberts.

After hearing rumors of HR complaints, Harberts is said to have threatened the staff to keep concerns with the production an internal matter."

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Vidiot likes this.
  8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I'm not upset by this in the least. Having gotten a glimpse of those two on AFTER TREK, I wasn't impressed at all. Remember how long it took to get the right showrunners for NEXT GENERATION.

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, I thought the first season was fantastic. I think we're in an era where what used to pass for "normal creative friction" now gets slammed as "abusive behavior." The line keeps moving. I concede that there's a way to disagree without being a bully or a total screamer.

Hey, I think he's had some work done. He used to look like this:

[​IMG]

10. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Or, it was unacceptable then, and it's unacceptable now, but now people are finding that there's consequences to angrily swearing at other people who are all supposed to be working towards a common goal.

BZync, Deesky, sunspot42 and 2 others like this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Jesus, that's just an average day for me. :cool:

The Revealer, Kiko1974 and sunspot42 like this.
  12. Do you get shout at your job very often?

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Eh, I have. I once was 6 feet away from Barbra Streisand when she screamed at somebody on the phone, and it was a sound that could shatter glass. After a blistering 1-minute tirade, she slammed the phone down and had to settle for a few seconds, then looked up at us and said, "I'm sorry -- that was very rude of me. Let's continue." She is LOUD LOUD LOUD when she gets mad. Never at me, though.

I think you have to cut passionate, talented people some slack, especially writers. That's a really, really tough job: sitting at a desk every day and staring at a blank screen, trying desperately to come up with new ideas and clever dialogue for interesting characters. There's a good (unauthorized) book out on The Simpsons that detailed some pretty horrible fights, lawsuits, firings, and people coming & going. Co-creator Sam Simon (now deceased) was an absolute tyrant in the writers' room who drove everybody crazy, to the point where they had to get rid of him after the 4th season. Even Simon admitted he went nuts in that job. But everybody said once he was no longer on the show, he was a wonderful person to deal with. Some jobs just bring out the worst in people.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  14. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

People aren't perfect so why do you expect workplaces to be perfect? Things happen. If they happen too often, then corrections should be made.

There some are jobs that are very high pressure so you wear a tough skin to work and accomplish the tasks. THEN you take the appropriate action.

15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

16. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

So much for strange new worlds. Guess it's fan fiction ahoy!!!

Deesky and MaestroDavros like this.
  17. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

Undoubtedly yes. However I'll give them credit, at least it no longer looks all doom and gloom anymore. And the lighting is certainly improved.

18. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

19. We shall see.

20. Still haven’t seen it. Waiting for it to appear on Netflix, or Hulu, or Amazon Prime.

21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Going to be waiting a while. CBS All Access is available as an add-on channel (like HBO, Starz, etc) on Prime Video, at least.

The Revealer likes this.
  22. You can request it via Amazon but through the CBS add on.

23. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Has there been any talk about a DVD/Blu-ray release of season 1?

I've not seen a damn thing.

24. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

BeatleJWOL, Meng and MikeJedi like this.