New Sun Kil Moon in February - Benji

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bryce, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've never really understood this either. I'm all for limited OG releases, but why not put out a standard weight black vinyl for the rest of us who want them? I'd love to get GotGH on vinyl, but I'm not paying two or three bills for one.

2. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

I'd say the fact that these releases are happening suggests they've realized they might be losing out a bit on sales - wasn't Benji already released on CD sometime back? Why are they suddenly printing vinyl now. And also the fact that places like Amazon are being allowed to get in the action. Are the black releases really limited to a certain number? I always thought setting up a 'pre-order' was a good way of establishing where the land lies and then printing a certain number above that.

3. Nah, any time it comes out on vinyl, it's a few months after the initial CD/FLAC/MP3 release date. No clue why. Makes no sense in my mind.

4. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Is Perils from the sea also limited?

5. Yes.

Limited edition in gatefold sleeve. Pressing information:
    900 copies on black vinyl
    900 copies on blue vinyl
    300 promo copies on clear vinyl with black/blue

6. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

did they release the digital version of perils first, I thought it was accompanied by a limited release of vinyl, sold only through Verde and the bloke he collaborated with? I could be wrong though.

7. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

GotGH was always on my hit list, but I baulked at the £60-80 it used to go for couple of years back. More fool me.

I wonder if they'll reissue this one day. I thought they'd repressed it once already?

8. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

The vinyl for Perils was released more then a year after the CD\Digital release. The funny thing is on Caldo Verde, it was slated to be released in June 2013 but was not released until June 2014.

9. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Cool. Shows how behind the times I am, lol.

10. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Perils from the Sea is up for ordering on vinyl (black color) from insound.com. If you are interested I would grab a copy ASAP before they sell out.

11. I just got mine from SSD yesterday on black vinyl. It sounds fantastic. Definitely recommended.

12. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Amazon UK sent me a message saying perils pre-orders are delayed until 25th, so I ordered one from Norman Records couple of days back which was dispatched today!!

Anyone with a pre-order from Amazon UK and a little concerned try Norman if you want a back up.

13. Stan

Stan Forum Resident

Going to see him live this afternoon!

I wonder if Beck will be in the audience.

14. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Got mine from Norman today - very nice pressing - haven't had much time with it so far but it's flat, centered and almost completely quiet. Glad I went for black as some people had reported the blue version to be noisy.

15. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Just preordered both..."Benji" in yellow, "Perils" in black. In this very case I don't care about the colour, I just want these albums on vinyl without paying big bucks:)

Kristeva likes this.
  16. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

http://www.theuncool.com/vinyl/sun-kil-moon-benji/

Number of Copies:

• 1st Pressing
      • 900 (Black
      • 900 (Blue)
      • 900 (Yellow)
    • 2nd Pressing
      • 700 (Red)
      • 1900 (Clear)

Nice to see someone has seen the light and they are doing a 2nd pressing. I still have a yellow on pre-order from amazon.uk (who is now listing August 11-15th as deliver date... uh oh). If anyone sees these listed anywhere for order, please post here. I want to make sure I get some version of this!

17. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

I was able to snag a Blue from the CV site and BullMoose have a Black and Yellow on hold for me. I canceled my pre-orders at Amazon as I really do not need any more copies of this.

18. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

Only 3 of the 5 variants? And you call yourself a fan.

UncleHalsey likes this.
  19. [​IMG] Mark Kozelek is not pleased. :cool:

geogaddi83 likes this.
  20. paulbright81

paulbright81 Forum Resident

Monorail in Glasgow have four or five copies of Benji I snapped one up the morning. Vinyl is gold/yellow. Do all editions have a fourth side of Live tracks?

Monorail also have perils from the Sea but I couldn't afford them both.

21. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Hah! Actually, I am not a variant collector at all. If you want a SKM\Koz vinyl, you need to hedge your bets but I can only do that up to a point. I definitely do not need any more copies then that, and will likely use the Black as a play copy and the other two as future family heirlooms :)

UncleHalsey likes this.
  22. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Has anyone received the blue copy of Benji from the CV website yet? I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time but I've not had any shipping confirmation yet.

I too cancelled all my Amazon pre-orders for both Benji and Perils, and also one from CD Universe which got back-logged also. I miraculously got Perils from Norman in UK and now thinking I might just spunk £40 on a copy of Benji from Discogs as a safety net.

What a rum f**king shower of sh*te caldo verde and Koz are - just drop this Ltd edition crap and print a decent amount of copies for everyone

23. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Release August 19th.

Kristeva likes this.
  24. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

100% agree.

Kristeva likes this.
  25. Jones

Jones Forum Resident

Resident have it in stock - in black - http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=28456

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.