New UHQR by Analogue Productions/QRP - Axis: Bold as Love*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

I don’t have a problem either. As I said before, with 6+ months of preorder window, there’s no way to wait for reviews unless you gamble and are willing to pay $500 for each of them if these prove to be the best editions out there. Speaking of 33 1/3, is my mind playing tricks on me or is the RL Led Zeppelin II 33 1/3 too?

2. jasonsouza77

jasonsouza77 Vinyl Enthusiast

just listened to several versions of little wing by various artistes.. and when I played JH's version(reprise 6281-2) the dynamics were like whoa. seriously feel this one will be a hit.. even if it doesn't sell out before the launch date.. these days its like just give us the sound; we already know whats good for music..

3. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Ok, I went all in and pre-ordered the Mono version. I got Gift Card for my birthday and I have a bad habit of letting these things expire. So I guess I'll be writing up a comparison to the Classic version I all ready have. For giggles, I ordered the latest mono version from the Hendrix Experience. So I guess we'll see which version BG did best.

4. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Awesome! That will be super interesting.
    All I have in mono is the Classic. That'll do it for me as I feel this title was built for stereo and the mono mix was just a quickie afterthought.
    Still the mono is an interesting spin though!:righton:

marcfeld69 likes this.
  5. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Does anyone know which set Jimi preferred, Mono or Stereo?

Richard

6. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

I watched the UHQR pressing video on the Acoustic Sounds web site. Can anyone figure out what record is being pressed? On several occasions the label is quite visible. I think there is a picture of of a young girl on the label but I have no idea what record it could be for.

7. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

Yeah, i noticed that too. After a bit of online research I couldn't find anything.

Diskhound likes this.
  8. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

I'm stoked for the SACDs! :bdance:

marcfeld69 likes this.
  9. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

10. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Glad somebody is finally listening! ;)

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i love that we have so many options for amazing AAA hendrix on vinyl. and the prices are outstanding. almost feels like i'm ripping someone off.

12. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Axis is a great sounding album. I'm sure the UHQR pressing is going to sound amazing, too. It's Bernie Grundman! But will it sound better than this one? I don't really see how. Different, maybe. But probably not "better." People can spend their money however they'd like. I just hate the idea of this someday becoming the norm.

markmck79 and GentleSenator like this.
  13. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I cannot purchase another copy of this album.

Why am I still considering buying yet another copy of this album?

Fractured, sonofjim and The Beave like this.
  14. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

marcfeld69 likes this.
  15. jasonsouza77

jasonsouza77 Vinyl Enthusiast

Music Direct > Store
    saw this on mD days back. no order button but it was there with details.. now its This product is not currently available for sale. guess they have sold out their allotment?

16. teag

teag Forum Resident

It is a good sounding one. This is one reason why I won't be paying $100 for another 33rpm version. It's likely to sound better but not $90 better.

I also think this is an overrated Hendrix album. But thats for another thread.

17. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Exactly, when I found out that this title was chosen I was wondering, "Do I really need to buy this again?". I'm also not impressed that the mono copies are going to be that much harder to get numbers-wise...

The Beave and Tommyboy like this.
  18. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons Well-Known Member

I listened to the Axis Stereo pressed by QRP that I just got on Amazon for $ 10.19. Sounds great to me. But it's a Hendrix album that I am not very familiar with. To be honest, I'm not very impressed by it; but will play it a few more times to see if it grows on me.

It's making me think very hard about whether I want to keep my order for the UHQR versions.

19. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

If you're not very impressed, I would recommend canceling. Slightly better sonics most likely won't make you appreciate the album more. Spend the money on tunes you like better. :)

AnalogJ likes this.
  20. berlinerpunk

berlinerpunk Record Collector

Thanks everyone!!! As much as I was getting swirlly-eyed crazy over wanting these new pressings (like the rest of you), I decided to order the 2010 and 2013 EH/Sony pressings with a $25 amazon gift card I got at my office christmas party. With giftcard overage - it cost me $4.63.

These 2 copies will arrive around Jan 2nd to kick off the new year. They will share space on my shelf with my 2 other copies of Axis - a Barclay that came in the French Hendrix box (I bought the box for the mono AYE Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Hendrix ) and an original German pressing on Polydor (The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love ).

marcfeld69 likes this.
  21. dachada

dachada Senior Member

The Beave likes this.
  22. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I remember listening to it (in stereo) for the first time with headphones when it came out. It was one of those unforgettable moments, so not overrated for me. I always got a rush (and still do) at the end of side 2. Really good music can do that to me.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  23. irwin69

irwin69 Forum Resident

Tommyboy likes this.
  24. dachada

dachada Senior Member

I hope for a earlier release If the mono is sold out

25. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

It is sold out. This is going to be huge for flippers. At least we will not see here in the classifieds a $500 “I order two just in case” Axis mono because this was limited to 1 per customer. Flippers will have to be more inventive this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.