New under $400 Denon 2 channel integrated amp and CD player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soundboy, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

2. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Looks nice...45@8 ohms, 70@4 ohms, not bad. Ah, doesn't seem to be available in America? I do see this
    Denon PMA-800NE
    which looks similar with a smidge more power and of course more $$$. Oh, I just realized this is a wide chassis, I thought it was mini.
    P.S. Also oh, I just realized you are not far from my brother who is in Livermore...if I ever get a spare minute up there, buy you a beer if you're up for it. :cheers:

3. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

This has been a very nice year for the <$500 integrated category. Good new all around, except maybe for NAD, whose C316BEEv2 has been found wanting in comparison to these two.

Zero Fidelity gave a super rave review to this IotaVX SA3:

[​IMG]

Steve Guttenberg did likewise for the new Cambridge AXA35.

[​IMG]

4. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

I think these two components were just announced, therefore not available on the market yet. They have been added to Denon's US website:

PMA-600NE

DCD-600NE

Thanks for the offer of the beer....I don't drink though ;) Coffee?

5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

That's funny, because actually I'm not really a beer drinker, and even though my dad is from Colombia I don't drink coffee.* Maybe milk shakes or something...it does remind me I should shop these Southwest fare sales and see when there is a good concert up there to go visit. We'll figure something out!

*but here's a cool and rare clip anyway:

6. Dave23

Dave23 Senior Member

Ordered both to try out in the office. The CD player was DOA due to what appears to be shipping damage. Waiting on a replacement now. Have to say I really like the amp, although I could use a bit more warmth. Have it connected to a pair of Klipsch Hersey II speakers and it will certainly get your attention. Not bad for $399 US.

7. RND4mGuy

RND4mGuy Forum Resident

I like that the integrated has a sub out and tone controls. Too bad the step-up model 800 doesn't have the sub out jack for some reason. This would be a great piece for someone just getting into Hi-Fi.

8. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

I used to own a Denon integrated with the same rated output purchased new a few years ago. It retailed for €200, so this seems less positive in that regard. The amp was nice though, with a decent and very quiet phono stage. I used it to drive a pair of magnepans with good results for about a year.

9. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I have PMA-A100. The integrated amp they released as a statement product as part of the 100 year anniversary celebration. It is a wonderful sounding unit.

bluemooze likes this.
  10. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Oxymoron ?:laugh:

11. telemike

telemike Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.