" New Zealand BEATLES VI" Where did the tapes come from?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by william shears, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william shears

william shears Senior Member Thread Starter

Just picked this up yesterday. Mint 1977 NZ pressing of Beatles VI. I was aware that this album was released in NZ in 1966 but had never seen one (released in both mono and stereo too) I was more surprised to see that it was still available as late as '77 because Beatles for Sale was widely available, in fact always had been.
    What I'd like some help with is the stamper numbers. I suspect the tape may be a UK export master so there are two questions.
    1) Did the UK export master tapes come from the US/Capitol?
    2) Would it then be possible that this album was made from a copy of a master tape that was a copy of an american master tape that was originally a copy of UK master tapes?

Stamper numbers YEEX 112/113 - A15. There is another number with dashes across it
    ST2 -2 4 5 1

Well a couple more questions actually. I don't know BEATLES VI as an american album so did Dave Dexter do anything to it sound-wise? This one sounds nice, not amazing but nice. The BFS tracks sound a little more hissy and noticably more top-end than my UK and NZ BFS. All true stereo including 'Dizzy' 'Yes it Is' is re-channeled so that the high hat sounds like its at the bottom of a well..is this consistent with the original US album?
    Thanks for your help.
    William

2. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Beatles' IV? :laugh:

Apparently the water running in the opposite direction isn't the only thing different about NZ....:D

Should be noted reissues of albums like this were done in Japan, also, and probably a few other countries. Shouldn't be hard to find a reasonably nice US or Canada press of this one....

:ed:

john lennonist likes this.
  3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Tapes from Capitol, yes. Dubs of dubs of dubs of dubs.

wwright likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.