NEWBIE Needs help (at- lp120 Pre-amp removal)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dbmoran, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbmoran

dbmoran New Member Thread Starter

Wanting to optimize the sound of my audio technica atlp120 turn table, a logical step forward is to remove the preamp, unfortunately I have absolutely no experience with rewiring electronics and I have a few questions. Naturally I have/will use the video at the bottom as my guide as i know some of you have. At around the 6:30 minute mark an image of the spliced RCA wires is shown. In additon to the red and white wires two bare wires are present, i am assuming they are ground wires? If so how are they attatched to the groud wire connected to the tonearm circuit board ie: is it okay if they touch? is there any particular method to doing this? Also at the end of the process a new ground wire needs to be attatched, would this one be appropriate?: http://www.amazon.com/Technics-Grou...13404622&sr=8-2&keywords=technics+ground+wire if not what is my best option?

I plan to use the art dj pre II pre amp when the process is finished due to its low price and rave reviews, but i have noticed that its input/output connections both use rca connections. How would i go about connecting speakers to the preamp? (I dont know much about this kind of thing). Right now i am using a pair of bose computer speakers and since i plan to invest in a good cartridge soon, i am probably going to continue using these, would my best option be to get an rca to 3.5 mm jack adapter? Are there better options? When i do get new speakers how would i go about this connection? These are the speakers i have btw http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companio...405553&sr=8-1&keywords=bose+computer+speakers

I know i just asked a lot of questions on my first post but i hope its not a probelme and all/any answers would be much appreciated.

2. dbmoran

dbmoran New Member Thread Starter

Anybody??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.