Newbury Comics 20% off online orders 2/6-2/8/2018

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by riverrat, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

Here's a LINK.

3 days only. No code needed. Free shipping if you can put together a $75 order (before the discount, in my experience).

Personally, I think I'm up to date on Newbury releases, but this would be a decent time to order if you are not.

Choice items in my book are the colored SH mastered versions of Sony Rollins Saxophone Colossus (teal vinyl $17.59 sale price), and also Tenor Madness (red vinyl, $12 sale price). There are also the nice Creedence remasters, Lee Perry Super Ape, Allman Bros, and some nice Hendrix titles still available.

FYI, YMMV, etc. Would like to hear about other suggested lps..

oldjollymon likes this.
  2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I *finally* got in on this! Bought the blue and orange Jimi's, Fun House, Raiders Soundtrack, Sleater Kinney Dig Me Out, NAS Illmatic and Sad Wings Of Destinty :cool:

Im surprised the Nirvanas are still around. Might get me a blue and black Bleach to match the grey/black one I bought.

Yep, Im into the coloured vinyl way too much. But, you know what, surprisingly most sound very good also!

3. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Excellent choice on the Sonny Rollins. The Miles Davis stuff is all OJC and very good pressings and sound for the price as well. The Coltrane Prestige stuff like Soultrane are also OJC and good, but my copy of Love Supreme is noisy as hell on side 2

4. riverrat

20% off at NewburyComics.com. Today (4/5/2018) only. No coupon needed.

Same suggestions and caveats that I suggested above still apply.

And no, I don't work for Newbury. I do wish they'd open a brick and mortar here on the left coast though.

mrjinks likes this.
  5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Thanks! I had two autographed cds sitting in my cart for the last couple days, deciding whether to click the payment button. You helped me decide. :)

6. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Thanks for posting this, I really mean it, however, $7.99 standard shipping makes this not too good of a deal for me.

7. riverrat

Yeah, I understand. Unless you can put together a $75 order (before the discount) it might not be worth it. I personally won't pay $8 shipping for a single lp..

5-String likes this.
  8. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  9. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

10. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

I ordered a 2lp set and 2 autographed cds and the media rate shipping was $5.99

11. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Thru 11:59pm PST tonite

12. riverrat

In store only AFAIK

13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

broke down and ordered a few vinyl exclusives from them yesterday , added just enough for free shipping.

dont see any sale for today though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.