NewsRadio ... has it aged well?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Keith V, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Maybe I need to revisit Season 5.
    And yes, Patrick Warburton is awesome.

Planbee and Keith V like this.
  2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

"Flowers for Matthew" is a favourite of mine and I would've loved to have seen that episode with Hartman's Bill sparing with smart Matthew.

Agree on Lisa and Dave winding up together. I would've liked to have seen a season 6 to see how they dealt with the new, of most of the cast, to New Hampshire.

Planbee, Keith V and Zoot Marimba like this.
  3. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

"Noise", the one where Joe makes a white-noise machine for a stressed-out Dave and ends up de-stressing him TOO much, is another S5 favorite of mine.

Love the way Dave tells Matthew what say you go away now? :laugh:

Keith V likes this.
  4. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident Thread Starter

It wouldn’t be a thread without a you know who reference.
    I can’t find it on YouTube but the exchange went something like this after Dave and Lisa came out as a couple to Jimmy:

Jimmy: ...you know what people say about Paul McCartney.
    Dave: you mean John Lennon.
    Jimmy: No, people liked HIM.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Zoot Marimba and Planbee like this.
  5. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

A couple Van Halens:

Jimmy:

In the immortal words of Van Halen before that dumba$$ Sammy Hagar joined the group and ruined it, I'm hot for teacher.

Bill gives Dave a copy of David Lee Roth's autobiography Crazy from the Heat for his birthday.

Dave: He's from Van Halen, right?

Bill: I don't know what town he's from.

6. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

7. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident Thread Starter

8. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I haven't watched NR in a few years, but it definitely had some interesting quirks. I loved Kids In The Hall, so it was nice to see Dave Foley kind of break into the mainstream (sorta).

Here's a long video podcast/interview with Foley and Joe Rogan. NewsRadio talk, Adult language and situations...Dave Foley was in a very tense marriage and divorce for many years. Need to look him up, see how he's doing now.

brianvargo, Zoot Marimba and Planbee like this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

After NR finished he had to pay alimony child support to his NR salary, which he wasn't getting from entertainment work.

"Foley now owes $17,301.30 monthly toward his two children, who are both now teenagers: the $10,700 in child support agreed to in 2001, now raised to $12,301.30 to reflect cost of living increases, plus $5,000 a month toward the overdue $589,000 he already owes. For a performer, that means that once taxes and a 20 per cent commission are factored in, he has to earn $40,000 per month, he figures, before he can see a dime.

Southey’s lawyer, Jacqueline Mills, said Foley also owes arrears for private schools, mortgage payments, health care and tutoring, although she added a precise figure for those expenses did not exist."

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Zoot Marimba, Keith V and asdf35 like this.
  10. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Speaking of Dave, some classic "Security Door":

Keith V and Zoot Marimba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.