Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tour NZ, Australia & N.America 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SillyRabbit, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Luck smiled down upon me last night at 8pm outside Massey Hall.

I met a fellow from out of town who was walking into the venue just before showtime and he laughed out loud and said "anyone need a ticket?"
    I did and I said "Yes!"
    I asked how much he wanted for this "balcony" seat in the left centre row 7 and he said "just gimme $20., I want to get in there"

OK. I was initially shocked.

We got in 10 minutes before the show started and chatted about all things Nick Cave and about our respective 'fandom'; he was from out of town and had no one to see the show with so he was thrilled to meet a fan like me to share the evening with. He was a great guy (Thanks again Josh!)
    So cool as my friend was on the floor with a great seat that she'd bought that afternoon; this gig was completely sold out!

8:15 the show starts: It was a 2 hour and 15 minute show with no intermission.

I won't spoil the show for those going by giving away too much, but let's just say "Babe, he was on fire!"

We got the whole "Skeleton Tree" album as well as 4 from "Push The Sky Away"; 2 from "The Good Son" and a classic each from "From Her To Eternity", "The Firstborn Is Dead", "Tender Prey", "Let Love In", "The Boatman's Call" and "Murder Ballads"

The new material is just awesome the way it's done "live"; the arrangements in this "live" context give the songs more power and emotion.
    I was thrilled he did the whole album (although not in order); it was a nice mix of old and new and a wonderfully paced show overall.

Man, was there a love of love in that room last night. Nick got a hero's welcome and in 30 minutes from this writing he's about to do it all again for night 2.

It goes to show you the quality of Cave's artistry when the new material fits in seamlessly with the old favourites and classics and everyone there was into it ALL.

Sound, visuals, presentation, the band's playing and the crowd: all excellent!

A most thrilling and wonderful night!

10/10

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

Late review of the May 27 Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds concert at Kings Theatre in Brooklyn, NY. Second time seeing Nick Cave, think I caught him back on the Nocturama tour. Had only 1 go through with the Skeleton Tree album before the show and felt like seeing it live really brought the album to life for me afterwards. And oh man, I was not familiar with the live brilliance of Higgs Boson Blues and Jubilee Street, just amazing tracks live, really took on an epic feel. But my highlight was hearing Stagger Lee live, it's a song that is as heavy and as metal in vibe as any actual metal song. That breakdown at the end is just the sound of an aural apocalypse. A great night, I'd love to see him again before he retires.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Setlist at Kings Theatre, Brooklyn

3. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

There's been no talk of that, surely? :tsk:

4. Stormrider77

No, none that I've heard at all, just seems like he's getting up there in age, one never knows which tour is the last go around, certainly hope it's not the last!

5. Drotz1

Drotz1 Forum Resident

Getting up there in age? He's 59!! Given that I'm 53, he is not old.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  6. Stormrider77

Ha ha, you're right, hey I'm 40 so I think I agree with you after all, that's not old at all.:righton: He just doesn't strike me as a road dog though, made me wonder how long he'd keep the touring going for.

7. Drotz1

Drotz1 Forum Resident

I think with his home situation its anyone's guess. Even if he does not tour but only records, I'll still be happy. If he never does anything again, I'm happy. Given all the things he does, soundtracks, albums. tous, novels, I think it will be a long time until Nick is done.

We do need that film version of "Bunny" completed

ConnieGuitar and Stormrider77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.