Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / Official Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ghostalking, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gohill

gohill Senior Member

It is legit like the Henry's Dream and Let Love In re-issues I bought a couple of weeks back. 2015 printed on it and includes the download card too. I have seen the bootleg vinyl copies of Boatman's that have been kicking about the past few years and this is a proper copy. Monorail in Glasgow don't sell dodgy bootleg nonsense like that.

2. mogwai rave

mogwai rave Active Member

I
    I would. Always do.

scotth likes this.
  3. kippenhok

kippenhok Forum Resident

don't think Live Seeds was ever released on vinyl. great album, nonetheless.

also, the 3 disc 'b-sided and rarities' collection is a must-have. note that this was not released on vinyl either; any vinyl copy you may find is a counterfeit.

Telemark and Adam Bosman like this.
  4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Thanks for that. Yes, I have those!

Are there many studio albums that were missing from this reissue program? I'll have to go check on Discogs.com.

5. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I think they're all there but I don't think some are being released in the states. Lyre of Oprheus came out last year and I was able to pick it up on Soundstage. Lazarus came out last year also and so far, is prohibitively expensive everywhere I've seen it. The only one I haven't seen advertised is the b-side box and since that is a box, who knows if it will get a vinyl release?

6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Nope, there isn't any studio-albums from this reissue program.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  7. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I've gotten all of the ones released overseas (except for "Nocturama" and "Lazarus", since I bought original releases of those in 2013) -- most from Amazon in Germany, which seems to be less expensive, especially when ordering more than one item at a time.

Overall, I was too impatient to wait for the US releases, though I did wait for "Tender Prey", since I read there were problems with the initial European pressings. I picked that up here, along with "Let Love In".

8. Holerbot6000

I think the rest are supposed to come out in May. I saw The Good Son and Murder Ballads on the list. Does anyone know if Henry's Dream is getting a US release?

9. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Pricing from Amazon UK is a nightmare for these releases. Its totally random. Amazon are becoming one of the most expensive places recently to buy vinyl, especially if you are a Prime member and delivery is already covered...

They must be charging more than the RRP for some of these...Boatmans Call £25.99 for example is a joke for a single album, when Good Son is £20.99...

Mute need to have a word with them...

10. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Amazon doesn't, but Bullmoose has Henry's Dream up as a pre-order for May 12.

11. Holerbot6000

Awesome - thats when the rest are supposed to come out also. Thanks!

12. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Well....you could dig deeper and check out the two excellent Birthday Party albums "Prayers On Fire" & "Junkyard" that were recently reissued on black wax. Don't forget the terrific EPs (it was the 80's after all) "Mutinity" & "The Bad Seed" (sic:))

And you could check out "The Soul Of The Hour" by Gallon Drunk, James Johnston used to be in the Bad Seeds for a while.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  13. Lasse1887

Lasse1887 New Member

Just opened "Boatman´s Call" and it is indeed a single record, printed innersleeves with lyrics and mp3 code. Pricing was 24,99 EUR as a pre-order, but changed to 21,99 EUR which is similar to the other one record releases.

14. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Too right. I'm picking these up in dribs and drabs - basically, whenever a price drop occurs. Have four so far (Tender Prey, Let Love In, No More Shall We Part and Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus), and in no rush to get the rest.

15. Holerbot6000

I was so happy to get Abbatoir on vinyl. It's one of my favorites and it sounds great (to me)! Let Love In also. If I can get Good Son and Henrys Dream, I will be happy.

16. BullMoose shows Boatman as a 2LP preorder for ouch $56. Must be an error? This is the only LP I really want.

So what is with the US releases? Why isn't there any logical release announcement or listings of the Euro and then US separately? Not so great in terms of marketing.

[​IMG]
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
    Boatman's Call
    Import-Gbr

2 Lp
    LP
    ROCK
    PID 5011510
    UPC: 5414939711015
    Release Date: 3/17/2015

LIST PRICE: $57.99 (you save $2.02)
    $55.97 New

17. Holerbot6000

I don't think Mute has ever given two squirts about their US audience. We get the records, but it's very haphazard as compared to the UK release schedule. Just my impression over the years. I'm sure a lot of their bands do much better in Europe, to be fair.

Mazzy likes this.
  18. wrighty47

wrighty47 Forum Resident

Think Mute would be wasting their time. Amazon prices have mostly rocketed over the last year or so, fueled by the Tax thing, offering "free" mp3's of the album your buying, and them using their own courier instead of Royal Mail. You don't really think they're charging you £1.26 delivery do you?!

19. I think it's solid, too. It's a very engaging recording to these ears. I wish it was slated for release.

20. I will wait for the North American releases...after, I've been waiting a long, long time for Nick Cave vinyl anyway. My US pressings are fine.

It seems that the release dates are without rhyme of reason. Not chronological. Odd to me. Very European :hide::wave: Haha! Just kidding, no hate, all fun.

BeardedSteven and Mazzy like this.
  21. I'm with ya brother!

22. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I'm happy with waiting as well. Gives me time to absorb the ones that have been out. I really have never listened to Nick Cave before these reissues! But I am loving them so far. My only fear is they will end up not putting out one or two of them over here and by that time they will be gone over there for any kind of regular prices....

23. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Where is the info on the remaining US vinyl release dates?

24. Holerbot6000

I've been using Amazon. My understanding from the boys down at the record store is that everything that is coming out in the US was supposed to come out a few weeks ago, but they only released Let Love In and Tender Prey. According to Amazon, The Good Son and Murder Ballads will be released in the US on May 12, and Amazon's release dates are usually pretty accurate.

Release info for Henry's Dream and Boatman's call that I can find only point to EU releases, but someone here might know more. I'm pretty sure Lazarus and Lyre only got EU releases and Nocturama was only recently re-released on vinyl here in the US so they may not be doing that one again. I'm sure I missed a few.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  25. Nowhere as far as I know... :tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.