Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds UK/European Tour Dates Announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gohill, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I kinda hate you. :disgust:

;)

mark winstanley and Neonbeam like this.
  2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I guess with these shows in larger venues it's critical where you are. We were standing in front of the stage and could have touched the artist which was great.
    Another friend was sitting left of stage and she loved it too.

But I have no idea what the people high up on the galleries or sitting across the venue thought. I also have no idea what casual fans thought about the bursts of white noise they frequently were exposed to. In some cases the delayed reaction was hilarious. Like when the opening line "I wanna tell you bout a girl!" got one or two cheers while the majority started clapping when Nick finally sang "From her to eternity!" (the line in the song). A similar thing happened with the instrumental introduction to "The Ship Song".

What was great though was that the Berlin gig wasn't "intimate" at all. This was The Bad Seeds working the masses and delivering in spades. Without playing it safe. Which is quite some achievement.

3. Neonbeam

Hey, come on! Without my girlfriend I probably would still sit at home bitching about the size of the venues on this tour:hide:

wolfram likes this.
  4. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

I saw him in Padua and Milan, this show is so great, so full of pain and emotion, I have seen hundreds of concerts and I can't remember anything like this.

5. Neonbeam

Yes!!!!! Just scored two tickets for the open air at Berlin's Wuhlheide, July 15th :goodie::goodie::goodie::goodie:

A friend mentioned it earlier this evening and I went "Nick Cave tickets for xmas? What Nick Cave tickets??":crazy:

It's Felix likes this.
  6. Neonbeam

Waldbühne last night was a fantastic gig with lovely weather. Even though it's bizarre seeing Cave in front of 20 000 people. Or people lining up for bratwurst and fries at a Bad Seeds show.

The set list was essentially the 18 tracker most recent shows had. With "Shoot Me Down" getting a rare live outing!

It's Felix likes this.
  7. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Do you think some of the magic has gone with these mega shows and the new material? I do.

8. Neonbeam

Well... I - obviously - wasn't at all shows but the two gigs I saw, worked beautifully. The question is: Where do we go from here?

Because as great as audience participation is.... the Iggy "Let's get 'em up on stage!" trick, has run it's course and should be retired after this tour.

It's Felix likes this.
  9. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Not in the slightest, the gig in Dublin was truly transcendent! Beautiful warm summer evening, wonderful setting.... Distant Sky. Don't think I've ever been as moved at a live show as I was at that moment...

10. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Yeah, I sort of felt the same. Maybe depends on the energy of the next album. For me the show at the RAH was streets ahead of the O2 - which I found disappointing. My own view of course, but I wouldn't go and see him again in such a large venue.

Neonbeam likes this.
  11. Neonbeam

craigobau likes this.
  12. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Definitely up for the Gateshead show. £90, though (or £180 as the Wife wants to go too). Yikes.

13. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

I know. One of my favourite artists (possibly the best live performer I've ever seen), in an intimate show in my favourite venue, but for that price... nope.

14. brownsound2112

There are different price points to be fair....£90, £65, £49.10, £32.70. For me, though, its always a case of best seat or don't bother...

Phil Tate likes this.
  15. wolfram

Mmh, talk and music? How much talk do we have to expect?

16. wolfram

Well, that went fast. Heard on the radio today that the sale for the Berlin gig started this morning and was over after 5 minutes. Now I don't have to decide if I want to see a show of Nick having a conversation with us.

17. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

All the ground floor seats were £90 as far as I could tell. A seat in the very back row of the top level was £65. Very disappointing.

18. brownsound2112

The best value were probably level 3 sides - they were the £32.50 ones and they offer a good view - as there is only one row...

I got lucky and managed Row 3 centre on the ground floor...lucky also that the Wife told me not to get her a ticket 30 minutes before they went on sale...

19. Neonbeam

Nevermind! The cheapest seats - without "Sichtbehinderung" - were 104€. Had three in my cart but decided I'm not going to do this. I mean.... come on! That pricing is just insane.... :crazy:

(Ironically when I told my girlfriend about this morning, she said she had done the very same thing in order to surprise me! Glad we had had the same impulse otherwise we would have ended up with six tickets! I guess with prices like this, zero tickets is just fine! :biglaugh:)

20. wolfram

I agree, these prices are nuts.

21. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

so basically its an evening with Nick speaking some of his poetry and him or Warren playing on piano and violin some of their soundtracks score ?
    its not the Bad Seeds , right ?
    no thanks

22. Neonbeam

Yeah. You got that right! A steal at 100€, eh?

dlemaudit likes this.
  23. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

not even that .
    i checked on you Tube : he is answering audience questions and play some songs on piano .
    No Poetry , no Warren .
    the staging costs are minimal, , just him and a piano . I don't get those prices

24. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

I had mixed feelings especially with prices and no Bad Seeds. Could have had a front row seat at the Sage, Gateshead but couldn't justify the £90 cost so went for a £32.50 ticket on the side on level 3. I know the venue very well. It's high up but sight lines and sound will be good. Happy with that.

25. brownsound2112

Prices are indeed ridiculous - think I paid £65.00 for a 4th row ticket for the Bad Seeds show a few years back..but its sold out, so the market can bear it...

You could have gotten a front row and managed to get one of the £32.00 tickets? You must have gotten very lucky with the website - I was in a queue for around 25 minutes - was delighted to be able to pick up 2 tickets in row C that are very central - the last pair that were good, really.

I remember when the Sage used to charge £7 - 8 for Level 3 side seats, which was great to see people you might not ordinarily have wanted to stop full price for - Ray Davies and Patti Smith played 2 very memorable gigs that I saw on level 3 - as you say - fantastic nightlines and the sound is always good up there....I'm up there seeing KT Tunstall in a few weeks actually...£19.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.