Nick Drake OOP Pink Moon LP Box Set - $19.91

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by misterclean, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Looks like the seller finally got rid of the last one...Was fun while it lasted and thanks to the OP for posting this great deal!

misterclean likes this.
  2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Just a heads up. I received an email from the seller informing me that some of the items were "damaged during shipping" and new stock was expected in 3-10 days. I had the option of cancelling or waiting. I decided to wait.

I expect they won't be getting anymore stock for this price so they'll probably cancel in a couple of weeks. I hope otherwise but you know how these things go most of the time :)

3. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I wonder if this seller is just a drop shipper like a lot of other sellers on eBay. My copy originated in OH, went to PA, and is now in IL. Hopefully it shows up in the next week or so. Has anyone actually RECEIVED one of these from this seller?

4. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did you bother to read the first post?

5. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Read it several days ago and forgot what you said. At any rate, you got your copy, but did anyone else? Is that better for you?

6. misterclean

I was just replying to your query as it was originally stated. You're welcome, BTW.

mestreech likes this.
  7. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

@misterclean, it's not that I (and others I'm sure) don't appreciate you posting this deal, because I do. It's just that when a deal looks too good to be true, no one else gets their records yet except for the OP, and a couple things start looking weird, people get a little nervous. That is completely normal. One thing that I will make sure to do is post pics when I receive the record, that way no one else will be in doubt w/r/t whether or not everything is legit.

8. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

The eBay seller is absolutely legit. Have ordered from them before. I don't see anyone getting nervous, I know I'm not.

riverrat likes this.
  9. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I got a shipping notice and USPS tracking shows that a package is in transit. That's a good sign.

10. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Delivered this morning. Been out and about with wife and the little kiddos all day, so haven't had a chance to open and give a spin.

(We can't upload images? Weren't we able to in the past?)

patient_ot likes this.
  11. BrewCrew82

BrewCrew82 The Most Notable Member

Got mine today. Awesome set awesome price.

Thank you @misterclean !!!

[​IMG]

12. misterclean

Did anybody else receive a copy of the box set?

13. Michael Ries

Yes. Just got it today. Will be listening later tonight!

14. Michael Ries

Box set arrived in perfect shape. LP sounds fantastic and is flat and quiet, well expect for side 2 where I inadvertently put a giant scratch on it while putting it into my drying rack after cleaning. Oops.

patient_ot likes this.
  15. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I thought I was the only person who did that.

16. Michael Ries

First time I've done it! It's really not too bad, just a light tick in the left channel on the last couple tracks, but the rest played flawlessly.

rtalwani likes this.
  17. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Still haven't opened mine. This thread only exposes the fact that I have NO time to spin vinyl. 7 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old might have something to do with it.... :help:

patient_ot and BrewCrew82 like this.
  18. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Mine arrived today as well. (Bought many items from SCB..never had a problem.)
    LIke RJ, with two little ones, most of my real listening is done on the weekends!

patient_ot, BrewCrew82 and RJ3000 like this.
  19. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Ironically, I recently had to ship 4 LPs back to this seller because they were damaged in transit. I bought the Pink Moon box and 4 other LPs about a month ago. Since the Pink Moon box is bigger than an LP, they used a bigger shipping box but left the LPs unprotected. As a result, they rattled around the box and the same corner was destroyed on each one. Pink Moon was untouched.

patient_ot likes this.
  20. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

21. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

misterclean likes this.
  22. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

I was originally worried about being taken because the price was too good to be true, but I'm happy to say it's 100% legit. It's great!!!
    Thank you misterclean for the tip!!!!!

patient_ot and misterclean like this.
  23. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

In case anyone missed it, when you get the box, the download code is on the back of the cardboard master tape reel. When you activate it (have to create an account for that, no big deal), you will get three different downloads in your online account: 1) 24/96 FLAC 2) "Dubbed from disc" mp3 and 3) Mp3 derived from 24/96.

mikeyt likes this.
  24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Pony Express finally delivered my set today. It is indeed nicely done.

My lp had a minor flaw on one track but it seems inaudible and certainly no reason to try and mess with a return. It is a really nice pressing and sounds great.

Thanks OP misterclean!

misterclean likes this.
  25. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Just picked up my set from the post office and going to give it a spin soon. I think it's a pretty nice set. Though by accident I got some water on the label while I was cleaning it and it left a subtle mark. I've never had that happen before; usually labels are insusceptible to water especially when I wipe it off immediately. Strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.