Nick Drake Reissues (Made to Love Magic, A Treasury, Family Tree) coming Nov 3rd (UK)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Satchidananda, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchidananda

Satchidananda Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

Coming to the US on November 4.

Satchidananda likes this.
  3. gstring

gstring Active Member

Thought about it when I saw it but although I bought Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter and Pink Moon 2013/14 vinyl re-issues I won't be getting these.

Love the first three albums that were made and released during Nick's lifetime but these came after so don't have the same resonance or meaning for me. I got the nice Tuckbox CD collection last year so have it all really, my Nick Drake tank is full!

Starting to feel his Estate is being milked for all its worth however tastefully it seems to be done. Don't forget the Book and 10" LP too, only £150 for a signed copy!

4. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

Any info about the provenance of this release - source, etc?

5. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

I'm a little late to the party on this. I picked up the US reissue of Made to Love Magic, which I didn't realize had been reissued until a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed it has what appears to be Kevin Gray's initials in the dead wax = KG@CA. It comes with a nice large sized booklet with lyrics and notes. The sound quality is pretty good, though I never bought the digital version of this, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

6. clarknovember

clarknovember Well-Known Member

Worth noting that these are available on the UK Udiscover site for £6.99, £7.99 and £8.99 respectively. Postage on top of course but if you want all three at a decent price, worth a look!

Satchidananda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.