No 5.1 on “The Outakes” Blu-ray for Imagine boxset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pmckeeaalaska, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello all,

I recently got the imagine the deluxe box set. I’m really enjoying it but I am having a problem. The Blu-ray dics 1 Will not play the outtakes tracks in 5.1. I can only listen to it in stereo. Am I missing some important set up process? I don’t see it anywhere on the menu. Thanks for any help

2. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

I've looked at the file structure of the disc...they ain't there.

3. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident Thread Starter

Weird. It’s listed as 5.1 and stereo on the box.

4. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

Yep. Guess someone slipped up in either the printed materials or the Blu-ray authoring, hard to tell which.

5. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

What do you know? Just listening to that right now. Stereo only unfortunately. But disc 1 plays fine since cleaning the disc unlike the first time. Strange that on the disc, Jealous Guy (take 9) fades out so early. Why?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  6. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

yeah, and I really wanted to hear the alt Happy Xmas in surround...such a wonderful outtake, more simple and feels refreshing after hearing the overplayed original too many times.

mark winstanley likes this.
  7. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I just got this, this week. Really happy with 5.1 mixes. The ultimate 5.1 is beautifully balanced, and the raw album is a really nice variation.... hard to say which i prefer, both excellent.

My raw out-takes are definitely 5.1
    Elements mixes are 5.1
    Singles and extras 5.1
    Bluray 1 out-takes stereo only
    Yea that is a little disappointing, and to a degree poor quality control .... i wonder if that is an authoring mistake or a printing mistake?
    It's quite bizarre, because it seems to be very high quality aside from this little error

lennonfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.