Noel Redding "The Experience Sessions"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by texquad, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texquad

texquad Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

At least they have samples on the site, so one will now what to expect. It sounds like a mixed bag to me, but is essential for those who want everything Hendrix did.

3. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Just ordered my copy. Looks like it will only be available at the site. I'm pretty excited about this as I have low fi copies of some of this stuff on boot.

Some random notes about the tracks....

DREAM is a really nice track that would of been right at home on Axis even though it comes from the EL sessions. Jimi plays some great bass lines on this track as well as adding guitar.

2 different backing tracks of THERE AIN"T NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT have been booted for ages. I like this one better without Noel as you can hear Jimi better. Some very nice playing from Jimi and IIRC Dave Mason plays sitar on the track

I didn't hear much Jimi on the EL outtakes How Can I Live, Little, Little Girl and Walking Through the Garden but you can't really tell in a 30 sec sample. I hope Jimi is on them as they don't sound that special. You can hear his voice on the studio talkback for some of the sessions for Noel's songs FWIW.

The alt version of She's So Fine sounds like the released version without vocals. The EXP are cooking on this track so a backing track is welcome.

There is another 12/67 EXP outtake called DANCE that is really great. It sounds like Mitch is singing it on the boot I have but it's a Noel song. Noel plays a bare bones version of the Ezy Ryder riff so maybe that's why they didn't include it!

Jimi participated in one of the sessions for a Noel solo LP in 3/70 that has never seen the light of day. I was really hoping that it would be included here. The fact that Jimi invested so much time on Noel's songs and made space for him on his masterpiece (Electric Ladyland) really goes to show what a gentleman Jimi was. God I love that man. I'll post a review when I get this.

Chris

4. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Is there a special reason that a live "Red House" is included on the disc? Seems out of place.

5. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Noel plays guitar on that live version.

6. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Aha. Thanks for the info, Chris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.