Now I've seen it all: A site that sells discs with no artwork, no case...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

I came across a new website today: JustTheDisc.com. They sell CDs with NO artwork, NO booklet, NO inlay card, NO jewel case, NO digipack. Just the CD.

And they want $4 for them!

What crap...

Kwad

2. I assume a lot of those are from people that had the discs in a CD changer or carrying case, then copied them on a hard disc with cases and artwork long gone by that time. Not likely worth $4 each to anybody I know.

Chris

3. kpbalog

kpbalog New Member

I haven't looked at their site or their inventory for that matter, but it seems like an inexpensive way for a collector to achieve a disc upgrade, assuming they already have a mint set of artwork. This is assuming, once again, that the discs being sold are in mint shape.

Edit: For those looking for the site, be sure to include "www." before the address. Otherwise, you are taken to a realtor serving So. Oregon :)

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Or, if you happen to have lost one disc from a set... I see that they have a disc 1 of the White Album, disc 1 of 1967-1970, and disc 1 of Tommy.

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

NO Thanks!

But as mentioned above if they had something either truly rare or a part of a 2cd set where you lost one it might hold over otherwise not for me

6. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I guess if you lost or trashed a CD, it might not be a bad thing.

7. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Ah yes, the sister site to "JustTheJewelCase.com" & "JustTheArtwork.com" :winkgrin:

8. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Doesn't seem so crazy to me given that people are willing to spend more to download an album in lossy form from places like iTunes. I'm not a likely customer, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.