Now playing on iTunes or other lossless players

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bingo Bongo, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok, I see we have a Listening to on Vinyl thread, and a what are you listening to CD thread.

Figured I'd start a what are you listening to lossless digital thread.:targettiphat:

***If this has been done, feel free to shoot it down, lock it up or send it away in a time machine!!

ccbarr and Mike Campbell like this.
  2. Bingo Bongo

I'll start off with my Beatles 1962-1970 Greatest Hits. This one supplements the Red & Blue LPs, as I felt there are just too many great Beatles songs that could have been on another Greatest Hits LP.

[​IMG]

3. Davey

Davey very clever with maracas

I think these type of threads are supposed to be in the long and winding threads forum, but right now I'm listening to the IRIS soundtrack by A Winged Victory For The Sullen, thanks to a thread here in the music forum. Beautiful recording, very cinematic.

And right before that, the always amazing Lucrecia Dalt Commotus from 2012. Very special.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  4. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Forum Resident

I am listening to a downconverted Apple Lossless version of the recent 2015 hi-rez remaster of Hemispheres by Rush :)

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  5. c-eling

c-eling Forum Resident

Lossless player-SBTouch
    Streaming-
    My transfer of the 2012 MFSL Sisters of Mercy-Floodland :D
    [​IMG]

Robert C, Bingo Bongo and Runicen like this.
  6. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I'm going to regret this if the thread takes off and I'm constantly getting updates on it, but here goes.. :winkgrin:

Currently playing on my Fiio X3 II:

Bill Nelson - "Forever Orpheus" from the second disc of Trial by Intimacy.

I picked this one up when it was re-released a few years ago and I found it kind of... trying at first. I couldn't say why. Listening to it now on headphones, it's definitely growing on me. Nelson's choice of synth sounds and atmospheres is really excellent here.

freemanl, jasn and c-eling like this.
  7. James H.

James H. Active Member

"The Story of The Who" that I have needle dropped to my Sony NWZ-A17 hi res player.

8. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

The Kinks - Preservation Act I (ALAC on a Pono)

9. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Allah-Las' latest album "Calico Review". Someone in another thread described the band's sound as "The Beach Boys meet The Velvet Underground", and that's a fair description.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  10. Dr.D

Dr.D Member

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

Having been inspired by this forum to undertake the Rolling Stone 500 challenge; I've dragged my wife and kids along for the ride. God, this album is awful.

bullmkt3, Geordie777 and Bingo Bongo like this.
  11. curbach

Rick Roberts - The Best Of Rick Roberts (needledrop @ 16/44.1 ALAC)

Rick is a very under-appreciated talent in my book :righton:

jonathan and dcscott like this.
  12. Bingo Bongo

Currently listening to The Hooters Greatest Hits. haven't played them in a looooooooong time!
    Did I tell you guys I usually have an hour+ to kill before the wife gets off work... :pineapple:

13. curbach

Roger Daltrey - Parting Should Be Painless (needledrop @ 24/96 ALAC)

This was available on cd from Wounded Bird for a nanosecond. Not sure if it has otherwise been reissued. Kind of a strange album, but not bad. I like it better than Under A Raging Moon overall, even though it lacks a true highlight like "After The Fire".

wayneklein and Sandinista like this.
  14. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Faith No More - Angel Dust

I'm really defying the point of a lossless player as this is the 2015 or thereabouts remaster. Louder, but not painfully so. I find myself wondering if a remix that added greater clarity to the mix would be a good thing or just take away from the "vibe" of this very heavily layered recording.

Oh, and can I just say that every subsequent FNM album doesn't just reflect Jim Martin's absence, that absence is louder than the band. :cry:

wayneklein and mattright like this.
  15. audiomac

audiomac Active Member

16. James H.

James H. Active Member

Needle drop of The Who - A Deluxe Set Magic Bus and Sings My Generation from the early 80's.

17. curbach

I have that set. Sound is iffy on some tracks but "Magic Bus" sounds really great on it.

18. curbach

The Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar. . . (ALAC rip)

Somehow I never really explored The Faces despite being a big Rod Stewart fan (yes, even beyond the excellent early stuff). This is just a wonderful treasure trove of more stuff like his Mercury lps plus Ronnie Lane. Ian McLagan sounds fantastic on this stuff. How could I have unwittingly deprived myself of this for so many years :laugh:

19. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

The Rolling Stones - 12 X 5 (Mono)

ALAC Rip from the CD Box Set

This is my introduction to the early Stones. I'd been putting off picking up the set for a while due to the mixed reviews. Sonically, it's great for a relative newbie.

20. telepicker97

telepicker97 Forum Resident

The MFSL Gold disc is pretty amazing.

wayneklein likes this.
  21. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Sinatra/Jobim on reel to reel:7 1/2 tips

Bingo Bongo and adriatikfan like this.
  22. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

23. Bingo Bongo

Today's choice is MACHINE HEAD, Deep Purple. My subwoofer is just a dancing'........:goodie:

Runicen likes this.
  24. curbach

The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues (24/96 ALAC needledrop of the US lp)

wayneklein likes this.
  25. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Dvorak-Violin Concerto and Symphony #7 on ClassicsOnline. 16/44 stream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]