NRBQ "A & E Alert"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mike Dow, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music Thread Starter

Earlier this year, A&E devoted part of their "Breakfast With The Arts" series to a new documentary on NRBQ. I missed it the first time around but will be taping it this time. This is from the Q's site www.nrbq.com

A&E's "Breakfast With the Artists" will be airing the NRBQ documentary again on Sunday September 21, this time with extra footage added. Check local listings for time, generally on at 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.

2. Mike Dow

Just wanted to keep this one alive for any "Q" fans so they might see it for this Sunday!

Attached Files:

3. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Please forgive me...., but I still miss big Al.

4. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Thanks! (Bump)

5. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

8AM Sunday - commited to memory! i'll watch it while I'm mixing waffle batter!

6. Mike Dow

I do too:( I've never really gotten over the fact that he.....he.....left the "Q" in 1994. (It's still hard to say it). I still love them though and as their releases over the last few years reveal, there is still no other band like them!

7. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I was unable to see this documentary (I don't have cable). Is it worth trying to track down? (I presume there's no home-video release or anything?) Any comments on it here? Thanks.

8. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I enjoyed it, as a fan of the band. My only complaint is, there was a bit too much time devoted to people talking about how great NRBQ is, and not enough of their music. I wish they'd just let the guys play a couple of complete songs, and show everyone what all the fuss is about.

Jeff, PM me for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.