OASIS "Be Here Now" Remastered 3-CD/4-LP Box Set coming Oct. 7

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by YMC4, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schelti

schelti Forum Resident

Definitely maybe both.
    See Be Here Now Remastered LP | Oasis EU »

2lps and a download coupon for the bonus material.
    Maybe this caused the confusion about the number of discs.

2. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

This remix is quite possibly the best sounding Oasis studio recording I've ever heard. What I would give to have the whole album remixed this way.

Rorsontherun, Fullbug, FJFP and 4 others like this.
  3. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I agree. It shows that you shouldn't let Owen Morris mix.

It's a real shame the orchestra was buried so low in the original mix as this makes the track.

Also I like how it's just acoustic guitar in the intro now so it's obvious it's the same chords as Wonderwall. It serves as a good callback to the previous album

4. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

Loving the new mix!

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Oh that's cool! If the quality is good, the third disc could be the real deal here!

6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Wish Noel would've continued and done a rethink on full album......we'd have three version then; the demos, the original mix and a rethink!

PH416156 likes this.
  7. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Do you mean the best studio recording of any Oasis album or just be here now?The re think mix is great but I think I still prefer the original do you know what I mean.

Can't wait for the mustiqe demos, that's a big one.

EricSwan and ZoSoUK like this.
  8. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

I love the new rethink! The orchestra still Gives the song such power and swagger kind of a "Kashmir" vibe I wouldn't have thought before. I'm looking forward to this one!

ZoSoUK likes this.
  9. walrus

Or even handing it off to someone else, following his DYKWIM mix as a blueprint. It certainly would've given some serious added value to the reissue, seeing as anyone who wanted to own the original version of Be Here Now can buy it for $1 at every shop on earth.

seventeen likes this.
  10. walrus

I mean of any Oasis album, as far as drum/guitar-heavy, big rock tracks goes. I've never heard that kind of clarity and separation on an Oasis track before. And on one of my favorite songs they ever did. Loving it.

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

The new mix of "D'you know what I mean?" is amazing :eek:..the whole album deserves the same treatment

AJK74 likes this.
  12. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I really enjoyed the remix too! I'm so used to the original though so I'm unsure if it's better. I definitely hear the song better for sure!

Also, always knew it had strings (and heard them) but it's nice to hear them so prominently.

AJK74 likes this.
  13. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Man, that new remix is fantastic. I wasn't planning to pick up the 3CD version of this album, but with all those demos and this new mix I just might.

14. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

Wow, i read your posts and you speak so well about the new remix...:eek:
    I must to hear it right now!!! :agree:

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

So what made him change his mind about this? (For one song anyway.) I'm thinking the remix isn't the product of his one hour's work.

16. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

no 'Don't Believe the Truth' sounds as good as the remix ! But indeed it is a great track & was always quite awesome live !

17. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

It was always in the back of his mind, Noel knows the album is bloated & a bit OTT ! I put the suggestion directly to him back in 2012
    about a 'be here NAKED' with the tracks stripped right back of their many overdubs and each track considerably edited & cut down
    His answer almost verbatim was " I was going to do that but alas I'm not in THAT BAND anymore "

so it was a surprise to me to see he actually tackled 1 track though that's still not to the degree I would have liked ! Its a shame it wasn't properly tackled because there is a very very good album buried in there & it could be greatly improved

18. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

I don't actually agree, the material could be vastly improved ! anyhow it wasn't their self belief (that HAD made them the biggest band on the planet by summer 1996) that was the downfall of the album it was cocaine abuse feeding the "if a 3 minute track with 5 guitar overdubs is great, imagine it twice as long with twice as many guitars - and/or 3 key changes !!!!

19. NotebookWriter

NotebookWriter Forum Resident

The remix sounds great, but what it amounts to is a tease. As others have suggested, an amazing package would have been to combine the original, the demos, and a full album remix. I look forward to hearing the Mustique demos, although it's difficult to imagine some of these songs without Liam's vocals. To his credit, he was able to wring whatever meaning there was out of those mostly nonsensical lyrics. I don't think Noel's more earnest delivery suits a lot of these songs. If anything, it seems like he wrote some of these with his brother in mind.

bluesbro and walrus like this.
  20. walrus

I know that was supposed to be their 'return to form' album or whatever, but I've always been really meh about it. I suppose it's a more consistent front-to-back listen than Giants or Chemistry, but without the great singles or epic like "Roll It Over" to remind you that Noel still 'had it' when he wanted to. i never really cared for the sound of it either, although I think that has more to do with the band and recording than anything specific regarding the mix.

21. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Thank you, then I'm out. I have always kept the first two but I sold my Creation "BHN" original ten years ago and later got the 2009 reissue. Bit of a shame that they are not giving this album the quadruple vinyl box set treatment I mean.... "BHN" was always supposed to be over the top, right? On the outside they could recreate the original picture with Oasis 2016 and also modify the release date in the photo. And they could give out certificates: " I Was Still There Then";)

22. DeadParrot

DeadParrot Forum Resident

I loved DBTT when it came out, still do actually. I think "Part Of The Queue" from that album, along with BHN B-Side "Flashbax" are the great underrated Noel Gallagher songs.

ZoSoUK, FJFP and Fullbug like this.
  23. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

D'You Know What I Mean is the first song of Oasis I heard consciously. It's my favourite track of theirs. Catchy, powerful, beauuutiful loop based coda. Be Here Now is on par for me with debut and Morning Glory. I really dig the production in some cases on Be Here Now. I don't know any other example where distortion as a wall of sound would be used to such an extent. Maybe My Bloody Valentine? Yes! Interestingly enough, I've even heard influence of Be Here Now production in the work of other artists. Here's one example:

Very interested in this mustique demos. have no ideas how they sound.

P. S. I heard the strings on the original, wonder how others missed it. Actually many details pop out on the original once you make it quieter ;) The remix is great, interesting, but not worthy enough to replace the original, imho

Haristar and YMC4 like this.
  24. Ern

Ern Senior Member

WOW!!! Love it

25. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

My goodness that's very good.

I remember going to get the record on day of release. Played it through once, thought it OK and put it away. Only needed to hear it once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.