Odd Couple Complete Series 2015 DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Keith V, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

If it's Paramount, I wouldn't expect them to do anything other than repackage what they've already released. Only Shout Factory really seems to put in the effort to clear everything and make it as complete as possible.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That was a great show. I hope Paramount/Viacom/CBS did a good job transferring the film. They've actually done pretty good work in the past, as witnessed by Happy Days and Star Trek.

wayneklein likes this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Keith V likes this.
  5. Keith V

6. LouieG

LouieG Forum Resident

TV on DVD doesn't say if the new set is unedited. It mentions how the previous single season releases were previously bundled together as a set, but not if this new set is truly complete or not. We can only hope and wait until more information comes out.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

$42.97 @ Bull Moose.

UPC: 032429221919

8. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I love this show. What a missed opportunity that they didn't go back and restore the edited footage for this re-release. I was hoping that at least one good thing which might have spawned from that AWFUL new rehash with Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon was that we'd get a restored 1970's series -- but no such luck.

Keith V likes this.
  9. Myke

Thanks for the edited warning. Damn shame, just like Rosanne, I would've enjoyed owning this title, but not edited. No thanks.

10. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

Paramount has been reissuing shows in complete series sets recently, but they tend to be the same old discs. I'm not a big enough fan to buy this show, but if I were, I would buy even if edited - as long as it weren't significant to enjoying the show. This is it. I highly doubt you'll see another version come out... at least not in physical form.

11. Myke

Of course not, that's when I choose to go without.

12. Mr. E. Tramp

Mr. E. Tramp Forum Resident

What is edited?????

13. Keith V

Lots of music. Even if It's a snippet that's being casually sung.
    Also, complete songs integral to the plot/joke i.e. Oscar singing "Singing in the Rain" at the end of the last episode and Pernell Roberts singing "Some Secluded Rendezvous" in the barn dance episode.
    Disgraceful

14. Mr. E. Tramp

Mr. E. Tramp Forum Resident

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.