Off Beat "SPEAKER" Encounters of a Strange Kind

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

What would you consider the strangest speaker system that you ever owned?

I guess in my case it was a pair of "end table" speakers with marble tops made by Empire.

Also, do any of you still have older speakers like Rectilinear, Magnus Opus, Bozak and companies like that?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I've owned some truly bad hand me down speakers over the years. I wish I had taken some pictures of them...

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Omega speakers... it was the name from a electronic mall... it was the beginning of my stereo experience... and I've sold them a coule weeks later,-)

4. jeff e.

jeff e. Member

I have a pair of Bozak B-301A Tempo speakers. Unlike some of their more famous designs like the Concert Grand or Symphony, they are a "normal-size" 3-way system. Very interesting drivers...a 12" paper/wool composite woofer and aluminum mids and tweeters. They have a very sweet, smooth sound and are very, very nice. :)

5. michael w

michael w New Member

Wacky speakers ?

How about a pair of these ?
    Flat pack, cardboard speakers.

http://213.86.36.8/nxtsound/soundpax/index.asp

A friend bought a pair while overseas and uses them as part of his portable sound system.
    And they don't sound too bad either !

:laugh:

cheerio

Attached Files:

6. Joseph

Joseph Senior Member

I recall seeing a pair of Yamaha speakers with drivers shaped like the human ear. Their reasoning was that since we hear with our ears what better than speaker drivers shaped liked ears!?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.