Okki Nokki drama?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dan Budiac, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

Refund in progress, indeed. What can Okki Nokki do? A few emails / calls working out estimated delivery date with its production line and distributor, would that be difficult? It's easy if it has well organzied, well managed production line and distribution system. But Okki Nokki doesnt even try to comfort its customers in trouble, walking away and kick u back to the distributors. If Okki Nokki can't produce, what else I can do with seller/distributor apart from refund? Okki Nokki simply gave me no choice but refund. Bad attitude to the customers. Bad company.

2. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

Looking only at the transaction itself, the seller may take most of the blame. Now i am asking for refund from the seller after i got those disappointing and irresponsible replies from Okki Nokki.

Okki Nokki clearly badly manages its production line and distribution system. More and most importantly it shows Okki Nokki does not care, does not respect its customers. They dont even try to comfort their customers in trouble. I seriously doubt if one encounter any quality issues on the RCM (especially they just moved their production line), what support you can get. Do not dream Okki Nokki will care. "Go talk to your seller/distributor. They are the one who got your money. Don't talk to me" this is probably what you would end up. So good luck to all potential new buyers.

Besides, a friendly reminder to potential buyer, many of the buyer protection like in ebay, paypal, etc lasts around 45 or 60 days. But you might have the risk of not getting one within this period. So when you are close to 45 or 60 days, you are on the line to decide if u should wait further without protection or refund (which is a total waste of time). Never trust any estimated delivery date if u buy from one without stock on hand or u would end up trouble like me.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Doctorcilantro likes this.
  3. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

I had some questions about Brinkmann turntable before. I wrote Brinkmann an email. Not only they replied me nicely but also line up the distributor to resolve my problem!

That's the kind of company with different class, who cares and respects its customers with really good products!

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'm getting one. Bargain buy.

5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Sorry about your troubles with the dishonest seller you bought from. Regardless, the Okki Nokki is an excellent RCM.

Earwax likes this.
  6. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

It is not just the seller's problem but more importantly Okki Nokki has much bigger problem.

Maybe some of you are happy with its RCM. But I will not recommend and buy anything from Okki Nokki, such a bad company. I do not believe a company that does not care and respect its customers can produce any good products.

7. alexpop

You don't want a iphone then,
    or a plasma tv. Sony products anyone. :)
    It's the norm for reputable brands to make you dance the shimmy..if you complain. Not to mention the fact you paid for it via a ebay seller... Double ouch. Hopefully you get your money back and move on.

8. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

I wouldn't call Okki Nokki a reputable brand, and definitely wont compare it with real big and reputable brand like Apple, Sony... those have much more mature production line and distribution system. Totally different class. I never had problems like this one when i had product issues with those real big reputable brand. You can look at my experience with Brinkmann Audio I wrote in my earlier message. This really shows respect and care to me. And i had very good experience with other brands like mbl, too. Never as bad as this time with Okki Nokki.

9. alexpop

Well I've had problems with Panasonic, Sony. Again it's all down to each personnel's situation.i would be p off as well. Again hope all resolves for you and you get a refund.

10. ssmith3046

So I read that the Okki Nokki is available again and I look on Amazon and there it is. And your review of a product that you have never used. "Extremely bad product". You have never used the product. For you to make such a dishonest statement puts you on the same level as the shyster ebay seller who cheated you. The seller on Amazon has excellent feedback from their customers too. I hope you get your refund from the crook you chose to do business with and move on and quit spreading lies about a great little machine.

Robert C, WNind, Earwax and 3 others like this.
  11. alexpop

Yes it's the sort of stick rival companies do to descredit a rival competitor. Shame on the reviewer.

WNind, ssmith3046 and Earwax like this.
  12. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

This is never a lie. In my view, a good product does not only provide good functionality but also good support to its customers. This is a extemely bad product in my view. The description there justify the rating. And I ONLY comment on the product but never the seller. So please do not make dishonest statement on me or my review. I would rather say your comment on ON may not be a comprehensive one. So may i say you are lying too? Well...

13. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

Shame on you too... just looking at other's comment (who sounds like a reseller of ON) without looking into details.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself and no amount of backwards reasoning is going to get you out of it.

ssmith3046 and Earwax like this.
  15. Earwax

Earwax Forum Resident

I'm in business for myself and every once in a while a customer comes along that just can't be pleased and they're such an annoyance that, even though it's not my ideal business practice, I simply ignore them and hope they'll go away.

WNind, eddiel and ssmith3046 like this.
  16. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

I fully understand reseller must protect the products they are selling and owners also justify its purchase and maintain the resell value. I respect that. If you want to paint me as a annoyance customer, go ahead. I have been buying many things from eBay, Amazon... this is the first time ever I had this extremely bad experience.

All I want to share is how bad Okki Nokki treats its customers. It doesn't care and respect its customers. The transaction itself is a problem but this is not the main point I want to say. So, to all real potential buyers, please read through the details and dont be distracted by some comments to the transaction or seller I deal with. It is about how bad Okki Nokki treats customers.

There is no point to argue anymore. What I want to share has been shared. So this is it. Good luck and happy listening to all real vinyl lovers and users.

17. ssmith3046

I'm done. You do not own the product and the second rate seller you bought from screwed you over. You did not buy from Okki Nokki or an Okki Nokki dealer but from an ebay shyster. I would say in this case comment ONLY on the seller and not the product since you never got the product. I hope you learned a lesson and buy from a reputable dealer next time and good luck.

18. alexpop

No ! It's bad etiquette on your part regardless of the product.

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well I certainly hope you're going to stop "sharing". I hope you at least get your money back.

20. alexpop

Just about a year on.
    Did you have any luck getting a Okki Nokki?

21. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I haven't used an Okki, but distribution issues can choke an otherwise great product manufacturer.
    I wanted to try Hannl's fluid- it was recommended to me for the Monks machine. Trying to get it in the States has been a near impossibility, and US dealers or distributors I contacted are no longer carrying their line. But, the company itself is solid, and they sent me the fluid directly from the factory (as a small bottle of concentrate). Their machines also appear to be pretty sophisticated, though I haven't tried them.
    SOTA makes what I gather is a nice machine, and for a modest upcharge, you can have a fan added. (It resembles the HW 16.5). Not sure if VPI makes a fan upgrade available for the Cyclone.
    I definitely recommend that you get multiple wands for fluid/rinse if you are buying a wand-style vacuum RCM.

22. Analogman

Analogman Well-Known Member

I agree, 100%
    It is a tool and one that works very, very well
    The 16.5 is a proven winner
    ALL record cleaning machines have their own idiosyncrasies
    Cleaning ANYTHING if it involves friction is a form of wear and there is no perfect solution (no pun intended)
    But if carried out backed by intelligence and a little preparation the negative effects are minuscule, if at all (assuming one's cleaning ritual includes good hygiene practices) By this I mean taking care not to just simply transfer dirt around from one object to another

I have no idea why folks want to screw around with with products from over seas, built by/sold by johnny come latelys who may not even be in business 6 months from now
    VPI is a fine company that makes fine products; how many of those have closed their doors lately due to financial woes?
    How many have been off shored or sent to Mexico and now only produce cheap crap? (consumer JBL and Klipsch come to mind)
    I would think it wise to support a company we would all like to see hang around for a while (in their present form) as well as have one of the, if not possibly, the best record cleaning machine you can buy at any price

The Library of Congress chose VPI machines for their archival work; pretty fair endorsement to my mind
    I purchased new and still own my VPI 16.5 in 1998
    Perfect

The VPI machines are proven winners and can be had at VERY good prices used if your budget is tight
    The only way to possibly beat the VPI in the performance category is to go to another format, i.e. ultrasonic or the like (the prospects look good but I have no first hand experience)
    I don't think the ultrasonic route would be very efficient however time wise

Yes, replacement pads (in the case of the VPI, the entire suction tube) can be expensive but they are so for all the machines out there, just as with ink cartridges and razor blades
    Common sense and good protocol will ensure you get more than the "typical" use out of them and their costs is really a non-issue

It is not rocket science, but as is the case with all things "audiophile" there is always someone hoping to tap into the revenue stream, angling for it with latest and the greatest
    The VPI 16.5 was Harry Weisfeld's personal solution to a problem that caught on big time
    Whether you like his tables or not I think we can all agree that the man knows a little something about records
    The machine has been around for more than 30 years!
    It is actually an icon of the Lp lover's world
    And even if they were to cease the manufacturing of their machine tomorrow you will be able to source parts (if for some reason you would need them) for the 16.5 for another 30 years without too much difficulty

If you are concerned about all of the negative hype (BS/selling point I have seen many times)

surrounding the VPI 16.5 and water damage to it's case there are two solutions, one VERY easy and one

requiring an IQ of around 85 (your pick as to which one applies)

1. Do not wait until you have cleaned 50 sides to see if the machine needs draining; just tip the thing back for

15 seconds every 5 discs or so

OR:

2. You can easily remove the bottom of the VPI (if you are that concerned) and treat the bottom panel with
    any type of water proof paint or finish you choose, inside of the lower portion of the cabinet as well

And yes, the spindle of the 16.5 will get warm if the cleaning fun goes on for too long. Break up your sessions;

clean 10 discs and then shut the machine off while you sleeve the batch. I have never had occasion to be able

to do much more than this at the time anyway or else I would be out of work room and would have to resort to

stacking Lps

It is a ridiculous knock on the machine

I have also seen (understand) that the dust cover for the "Okki Nooki" is a $75 dollar "optional accessory", so I

would have to assume it is a lift off, find a place to put it, place it back on when done proposition (never seen a

photo of one with the cover in place). What sort of crap is that? A RECORD CLEANING MACHINE and a

dust cover is OPTIONAL?! That is absurd on face value, let alone the fact that the VPI's cover is attached and

hinged

That, and it is an integral part of the machine, not an "accessory" or an "option"

I do not know or understand why, for the life of me, anyone would lay down hard earned money for what is a more cheaply built (and now in china as I understand it) BLATANT knock off?!

And with ****ty customer service to boot

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    jeffsab and emollerstuen like this.
  23. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Amen.

24. Phil4

Phil4 Active Member

Anyone else had problems with the plastic OK arm? I left it in the machine when it wasn't in use and it progressively got worse up until it ended up not lifting up automatically whenever I turned off the vacuum - so I had to sand it down to fix it. It still doesn't lift off automatically, although manually lifting it off a record seems to work just as well except for leaving a trail of fluid but that could be due to placement of the pads? I just wish they put something in the manual about drying the arm down and removing from the machine after use. Maybe it's common sense to do that, but still...

25. Analogman

Analogman Well-Known Member

This guy did
    (the rocker type switches are junk too compared to the toggle type)
    I realize that this machine (example) has been through the mill but it is still a royal P.O.S. compared to a VPI:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.