Okki Nokki RCM makes me hang my head in shame

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by laughalot, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I've cleaned over 1000 albums using the two tube technique. No worries there.

Do you really want an Okki Nokki? There is no U.S. distributor for it anymore (Sumiko dropped Okki Nokki), so there may be no support or access to supplies and replacement parts. If you buy one new, make sure you get a very good deal on it.

2. kinkling

kinkling Forum Resident

I keep reading that, mostly from you, but replacement parts are for sale in Europe, are they not? Why is the lack of a U.S. distributor a problem? Support would concern me somewhat, but the looks and noise level compared to the VPI, along with the reverse feature, make it more attractive.

3. Josquin des Prez

Hey, just sayin'. I guess once you get the extra tube, it shouldn't be a problem unless you need service/support.

FWIW: I have heard parts and supplies are constrained even in Europe, although I don't know that as fact. But it stands to reason, seeing it took me about 4 months just to get an extra brush and replacements pads from them.

4. kinkling

kinkling Forum Resident

Food for thought--thanks for the input.

5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Extra vacuum wands and brushes and other accessories still seem plentiful from US sellers for the time being. So far after a month I really like the Okki Nokki.

6. ssmith3046

New USA ditributor!!!
    www.vanaltd.com

7. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

I think I'm going to take the plunge and grab the Okki Nokki at a discount from a local dealer – I feel like I'm not listening to a lot of LPs simply because they need to be cleaned...

8. ssmith3046

I really like my Okki Nokki. I buy mostly new vinyl and used vinyl in NM to VG+ condition so I use the AVIS one step cleaning fluid and it works great. If I bought thrift store vinyl I might go to a two step process.

9. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Yeah, me too, plus sometimes even brand new $40-plus ORG, Speakers Corner or Mofi's get weird and poppy after a 1/2-dozen plays. The bulk of the stuff I've stopped spinning is the used NM/VG+ albums though... which is crazy considering how many fantastic LPs I'm not hearing these days simply because they need a real clean.

Cool, I'll try the AVIS stuff! Thanks!

10. ssmith3046

It takes a little bit to get the hang of using it. Things like how much solution to put down. Let the vacuum suck the wand down on the record surface, don't push it down. I use a microfiber towel and give the strips on the wand a couple of swipes after each vacuum. Let the record air dry for 30 minutes or so after the vacuum process. You'll learn after a several records. The goat hair brush works well but I might look into an alternative.

raferx likes this.
  11. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Who is selling the Okki Nokki locally , and at a discount?

I figured I'd have to buy one in Seattle.

12. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

same question... I write to VANA LTD. $599 is the price :/ a little expensive... any better price around?

13. ssmith3046

I paid 650 for mine with the dustcover and worth every cent.

14. Josquin des Prez

I got mine for $500 with dustcover, but that was over two years ago.

15. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I still dont have any RCM but the okki looks great, more close to clearaudio concept products; I like that platter is with any wall outside, the VPI platter is inside the box, and well I dont know if helps but okki have reverse mode too.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Okki Nokki now has a Canadian distributor http://audioscape.ca/

17. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

For wet duty I got this, much better than the ON, should be something similar over there,

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 13.59.54.png

18. ssmith3046

I bought a similar brush from Osage. Much easier to use than the ON brush. I found it really sped up the fluid application process.

19. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Got mine yesterday, and got to use it today. All I can is "Whoa..."
    This thing is very-well put together, and exudes craftsmanship. Set up was a cinch, and it worked its magic on 10 LPs today.
    My Analogue Production 2x45 Blue Note, Prestige and Fantasy LPs never sounded better. Absolutely dead quiet. Unbelievable.
    Just blackness.

[​IMG]

Robert C likes this.
  20. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

wow so cool congrats, jelous! (I want one) that picture is from the last build model? (I mean I see some differences between models)

21. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Many thanks! I'd have to look again, but I think this was built in Dec, 2012. It was very well packed from the factory double boxed.

22. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I try to find one used but is hard to find it used, I see more VPI's used's; okkis its seems that are less common; so I start saving to buy it new.

23. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

I would definitely buy a RCM new. Let me know what you think of it when you get one!

24. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I even dont play yet some records becuase I dont want get dirty on my cartbridge hehe, so yes I stop to buy records to get the okki; by the way vpi release a new rcm but at $1000 around I think ... http://vpiindustries.com/clean-mw-1cyclone.htm

best price on the okki in this days? best USA online sites to buy it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

After the WC 2014 i plan on getting one from a reliable Hi-Fi store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.