Older Groovetracer with Rega RP6

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WapatoWolf, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

will an older Groovetracer subplatter fit a newer RP6? I have the GT on my P3-24 but bought a RP6. I see GT sells a subplatter specifically for the RP6. Any help appreciated. BTW will be selling my P3-24 soon if anyone is interested! Here is link for RP6 subplatter.

RP6 Subplatter

2. PhxJohn

PhxJohn Forum Resident

Check with Frank at GrooveTracer....but I think the answer is 'no'.

3. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

If you're using the stock RP6 platter, you need the RP6 specific subplatter.

4. Howard Lunt

Howard Lunt Well-Known Member

Can’t wait until I get my delivery... just ordered the reference subplatter, denlin platter, and record weight for my RP6. They were out of the white platter so I ended up going with the black one. Thought the contrast of white/black would be cool but also like the stealthy look of the black on black finished off with the stainless weight. Looking forward to listening to it.

WapatoWolf and PhxJohn like this.
  5. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

please give us a review when you can!

Howard Lunt likes this.
  6. Howard Lunt

Regarding my RP6...
    All I can say is “wow”. So my large box with the reference subplatter, Black denlin, and record weight came today. So like an eight year old on Christmas, I tore open the box. First impression was how well they package the product, albeit I dislike the foam popcorn (evidence that can be left behind for the wife to see). So within about 2 minutes of receiving and reviewing the instructions carefully, I dug in.

Their five minute installation time frame is pretty spot on. All went together without any issues.

After waiting a bit (yeah right), I threw on the album I picked up yesterday... self titled “The Doors” 180g. Likely not the best album to test as it is an older recording with lots echo. At first I was a little disappointed because I really didn’t find a discernible difference. So I changed the record to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and man... mind blowing! Seriously, the music has a new level of liveliness. The tone is rich and the bass feel tighter. There truly is a marked difference. I am not a professional reviewer so I don’t know the full nomenclature in regards to audio, but in lame terms, it is a worthwhile difference. If it’s something you might be considering, I’d say go for it.

I agree it’s a lot to spend after dropping almost 2k on turntable and cart, but I feel I’m at a higher level with the GT products. I was really surprised to see how cheaply made (at least appearance) the stock Rega subplatter is. I was fooled by the top appearance and didn’t even realize the bottom half was plastic.

Anyways, it looks like there is another GT fan here in the midst. Cheers!

WapatoWolf and IanL like this.
  7. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

GT sub makes an enormous difference.

Howard Lunt likes this.
  8. Howard Lunt

Well that’s embarrassing... been saying and spelling the platter material denlin... supposed to be delrin.

WapatoWolf likes this.
  9. Baby Driver

Baby Driver Forum Resident

layman's terms ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.