oldies.com flash LP sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by aoxomoxoa, Aug 23, 2018.

1. katstep

katstep Forum Resident

My order just arrived moments ago. Everything ordered was there. The box had no bubble wrap and a few minor corner dings resulted, but no big deal otherwise. I was a little worried, as the package took a weird route. Tracking went in the reverse direction for a couple of days, then came back to the Bay Area. LOL! The real gem of the bunch is the Wilco Being There deluxe vinyl box for less than $48. AM deluxe for less than $21 was not too shabby either. Hearing some other's order fulfillment experiences, I guess I got lucky.

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  2. riverrat

riverrat Forum Resident

My order surfaced today as well.

Same report- ****ty packaging, just an unpadded lp mailer for 4 lps which resulted in some corner dings. But similarly, I am OK with the process overall (not thrilled but OK) because the prices were great and I received my complete order.

marcb likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

8/8 items arrived. two with really bent up covers, but as long as they're in-tact and the vinyl is fine i'm ok. at $13/LP for stuff including AP and Speakers Corner releases, I'm happy.

probably won't order from them again unless there is a similar sale, however.

marcb and hutlock like this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Mine arrived last week. Suboptimal packing. Every LP had a dinged corner, but I can live with that. One LP not sent; the packing slip says it wasn’t sent but no indication of backordered or credit (which is not acceptable). One LP not as advertised - website said 2011 version of a Black Sabbath, but the current version was sent. Springsteen LP came without a hype sticker and looks suspiciously like a reseal.

They will make it right...or I’ll let Visa make it right.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Yeah, what is the deal with all of these beat up LPs? I mean mine actually LOOKED well-packed, but like someone just rammed them into a box as hard a possible and bent the heck out of the covers.

marcb likes this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It does seem to be a common refrain, doesn’t it?

7. Charlie DJ

Charlie DJ Forum Resident

6/6 items arrived. There was actually some bubble wrap in the box so the records are in pretty good shape. One cover has a small crease but I don't think that happened during shipping

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa It's a lonesome old town... Thread Starter

SO in a bizzare turn of events my missing LP showed up today, hours after I filed a paypal claim.]

They never once mentioned it might show up separately when I talked with them. I assumed my refund was not happening so I filed.

Unbelievable.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

So I take it you never got a shipping notice for that second one?

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh:

does this mean you got double the colonial penn alex trebeck insurance packets and insane person caliber oldies catalogues?

aoxomoxoa and hutlock like this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

No and when I called and emailed it was never mentioned that i5bmight still be coming. However minutes after I made my PayPal claim I got an email from somebody they’re saying that the album would be there today. They were right.
    Yes and my recycle bin is spilling over.

12. aoxomoxoa

The catalogs crack me up. I mean, what are they hoping will happen with those?

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

right?! it felt like 1991 again.

also, as another note: i got an e-mail asking me to rate oldies and leave a review on one of the partner sites. i was honest about my ho-hum experience and left them 3/5 for a rating. within 30 minutes my phone was ringing and a guy from oldies left a long voicemail about it. no apology. just that he's going to refund me an additional 10% off my order. got the paypal refund shortly after.

o_O

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  14. Kurt RUhlin

Kurt RUhlin Well-Known Member

I ordered 5 albums including three mofi double albums and all received in perfect condition at great prices. All these comments had me worried but a good experience for me. My stars must be aligned...and I’m satisfied.

15. aoxomoxoa

Wow. I should have rated them too. I junked the email.

hutlock likes this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

So I just got a PayPal alert that Oldies credited me for the two records they didn't ship me. No word from Oldies or anything, put they sent the $$ back so I guess it's cool.

17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Does anyone have any experience with “Warehouse Remainders” new old stock vinyl from Oldies.com? I just ordered Duran Duran’s Notorious and Howard Jones’s Dream Into Action from them. Too cheap not to take a chance. I’m wondering if I’ll get anything playable from them.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Forum Resident

I would say 9 out of ten have been perfect with the other 10 percent being badly warped. Good luck!

hutlock and jason202 like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

so who's ready for the next FLASH SALE? :)

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Maybe me. It depends on if the prices are as good. Their communication sucked and they took far too long but the prices were great and I got my stuff in good shape. Coin flip for me really.

GentleSenator and aoxomoxoa like this.
  21. aoxomoxoa

bring it on!

22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Got 'em today; both were cut outs, but were otherwise in great shape!

Juggsnelson likes this.