Olivia Newton-John Album by Album Thread (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Sucks big time. We probably have a better chance at getting a vinyl reissue nowadays.

2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Well, I suppose in theory, LLL WAS a comp. The six Eurovision songs plus a few more hastily complied tracks rush released to cash in on the song contest. You have to remember LLL came out only 3 or 4 months after Music Makes My Day here. That wouldn't happen today.:D

John-Adam likes this.
  3. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

EMI 724382711025, 48 Original tracks. A friend from Spain sent this to me in 1994. Still grateful for this set! A collection of her TV specials. Talk about a DREAM!!! A videocassette of Olivia Down Under is all I have! (EDIT) Actually I lied. I have ALL the music video cassettes from the 80's. Just don't bother to play them. But I should! Some of the images show up on Video Gold [Universal DVD] Vol. I and II from 2005. JA

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Bobby Morrow likes this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

Yeah, that's the stuff I'm talking about. Grow Young. Hollywood Nights etc. She must have recorded them so the masters should exist. Her version of And I Love You So was beautiful.

The longer it goes on, the more I doubt we'll see them, though.:cry:

John-Adam likes this.
  5. Glenpwood

Glenpwood Hyperactive!

Only for the biggest of releases on their superstars. The bean counters at Universal feel back catalog has tanked physically unless its vinyl hence why Hip-O Select went defunct a year or so back. They have no interest in putting out titles that may at best only sell a couple thousand copies.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    mosogotamravip likes this.
  6. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

I guess it gives us something to discuss, and it keeps our dreams alive, even if they don't see the light of day Bobby! :) P.S. I have all this stuff compiled. A little piece of heaven.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  7. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Commerce VS artistry!

8. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

I posted it a few minutes ago. Worthy of any collection, and great sound too!

9. Troystar

Troystar Forum Resident

2. "Soul Kiss" (Mark Goldenberg) 4:32
    (Backing Vocals by Katey Sagal)

Katey Sagal???? :O I never knew that

John-Adam likes this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

Apparently Katie did a lot of BVs back then. I'm assuming this was pre Married With Children.

John-Adam likes this.
  11. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Totally off base, well sort of, was "Married With Children" popular in England or Canada? I thought Katie was better known for singing rather than acting before MWC?

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  12. Bobby Morrow

I loved MWC. It was so inappropriate.:D It wasn't a peak time show here. Like a lot of US programmes it was used as 'filler' and often screened in the early hours of the morning.

I knew knew Katey sang until I saw her name on the Soul Kiss sleeve!

John-Adam likes this.
  13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

If only the entire cast of Married With Children did the background vocals or maybe make it a duet with Ed O'Neill in character.

14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Thanks John for catalog #.

Seems to mostly be early songs.

15. Bobby Morrow

Nothing beyond 1975, but a really nice sounding comp.

16. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Pryde and Soul; checked it out. Very thoughtful and nicely worded reviews. :)

17. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

You mean "Love and Marriage" not "Soul Kiss," right? lol

18. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

You're welcome. For us in the USA it was essential. But the hits tacked on the end almost seemed like an afterthought. But we had heard them already on our USA catalog. But 48 tracks wasn't being promoted at the USA market.

19. Bobby Morrow

The Japanese Twin Best Now 2 CD collection is nice. It actually contains her debut, Olivia and Have You Never Been Mellow albums in full, alongside a few other tracks. Good sound too.

20. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

I love Katey Sagal, but primarily because I love Futurama. She got to show off her singing skills a couple of times there. I have two of her albums, plus a couple of the Sons of Anarchy soundtracks with some songs by her.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  21. Bobby Morrow

I don't watch Futurama, but I loved her in MWC.

22. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Hello,
    Please keep this thread ALIVE and review and discuss more albums and compilations by Olivia. This started out so strong, and it's far from over folks. Take over the reigns and make it work!

More people need to know why Olivia's music is so special and essential in the world, especially now. We need someone to "mellow" us out and her music helps us cope, and for a time forget about everyday life. Get involved, be objective, have fun. This week I've had the absolute pleasure of exploring this thread, as well as the first Album by Album thread of Olivia Newton-John. I've learned things, I've relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed myself like I have not on the Internet in ages.

Kudos to all the fine people who contribute here, and THANK YOU to the founder(s) of this thread. It's a great place to be when you have the time! Cheers, JA :) I'll be back.........

Song4U likes this.
  23. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Interesting combination, or should I say compilation? TY Bobby. :)

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Bobby Morrow

It's nice for those who haven't got those 3 albums on CD. Of course, it's OOP now and probably won't come cheap.

25. Troystar

Troystar Forum Resident

OMG thank you, I sometimes forget I have a music blog LOL. I don't think I get a huge readership. I really just do it for myself LOL

John-Adam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.