Olivia Newton-John Single by Single Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Song4U, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member Thread Starter

Shaking You is an amazing track off that soundtrack, the video is also nice, there's suppose to be 2 different official videos one has an edit of her in a red dress that isn't on the other one. I never got to hear her sing this live but she incorporated this song and some others in her concerts in 2012, there on you tube and she does a nice job in re-creating that sound and the band as well.

An interesting tidbit of info on the official video, there appears to have been 2 different videos for Shaking You, an edited one taken from the European version of the Twist Of Fate Video EP. This one shows more of Olivia in the square starting at 2:08 VS the video found on Olivia Gold Vol 2 which shows a close up shot of Olivia at this same time 2:08 so look at these videos at this time and you will see the edit. Did everyone know about this? I wonder why they edited the shot in the square?

Here is the European Edited version

2. Song4U

Here is the US version found on Video Gold Vol 2

3. Song4U

I have the old VHS tape of the Twist Of Fate videos and I'm almost certain that the UK edit above is the same one on the US VHS tape. I think when they released the Gold Videos 1 & 2 that they changed the video and that the real edit is from Gold videos, they did the same thing on Falling, instead editing the audio track. Weird how they make changes like this, maybe Olivia didn't like her looks in the original video at 2:11 in the red dress close up shot next to the dock and replaced it with her close up of her walking in the black coat.

4. Song4U

The next single will be an mp3 download only...this song was taken from the television special event "Kaleidoscope" that aired on Thanksgiving Day Nov 26, 2009. There were 2 versions of this track, one version at 3:46 has more of Olivia's vocals and removes the children's backing vocals on the first half of the song then they do come in later, on the 2nd version 4:52 I believe is the single version that includes the children's backing vocals on throughout the song. So the 2 versions I have are very different.

Nov 2009
    Hope Is Always Here
    Single MP3 Download Purchase
    Written by David Foster and Olivia Newton-John

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This video pretty much explains the entire project

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  5. Song4U

Here is the version where you hear a bit more of Olivia and there are no children's backing vocals during the first part of the song which is different than the longer single version.

6. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

I downloaded this song the day it hit the iTunes store. The original track that I downloaded was defective, with crackling noises all over the place. I deleted it and downloaded it again. It was exactly the same. I contacted the iTunes store and told them that they needed to check the track. They refunded my money, and the song disappeared from the iTunes store. A bit later, it was back, and it was a different length. I have no idea why they uploaded the shorter version of the song after the longer one proved defective, but I still have both in my iTunes library and the 4:52 one is defective, while the 3:47 one plays fine.

Anyway, I like the song. Not a big fan of children's choirs, but this one isn't bad. The song certainly isn't one of her best, but it's decent. A little cheesy, perhaps. It's always nice to get an unexpected new song from Olivia.

7. Song4U

David, where in the song do you hear the defective sound? Can you give me a time spot?

8. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

It starts at around 00:50, and continues most of the way through the song. It's so loud that it would be impossible to miss. The track is completely unlistenable because of it.

Interesting... I just played the track all the way through. I don't think I've ever done that before. The song ends at about 03:44, just like the shorter version I downloaded from iTunes, but then there are two 30-second segments, one of which is a reprise of the children's choir singing "hope is always here," and the second of which is an instrumental of the same part of the song (just no children's choir). Those 30-second snippets are usually used in broadcasting to underscore ads or promotions. (Those snippets also do not have the loud noise; the noise ends with the end of the main song.)

9. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

Here's the version I have, complete with all the noise.

10. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

I remember when I first ordered this song too-my problem was different, though-the time came out to 4:52, but everything after 3:46 was silence. I still have the original file that states 4:52, but when I play it it stops at 3:46.

11. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

I remember when I first ordered this song too-my problem was different, though-the time came out to 4:52, but everything after 3:46 was silence. I still have the original file that states 4:52, but when I play it it stops at 3:46.

12. Song4U

I remember something being wrong with the track but didn't know exactly what, now that you posted that video yeah I can hear the distortion, terrible. I don't have this distorted version. I must have got the corrected one but the metadata is wrong as the song shows it's 4:52 but when you play it the time is only 3:46.

13. Song4U

The next song was a mp3 download, not sure if you would say it's a single but she did get a lot of exposure from this tv series and a remake of her hit tune. I never bought the song and really don't care for this at all.

Aired on Glee TV Show episode "Bad Reputation"
    May 04, 2010
    Physical
    Duet w/ Olivia and Jane Lynch

14. Song4U

In 2010 Olivia also releases an mp3 download of a US single from her re-issue "Grace & Gratitude Renewed" with a track not found on her previous release of Grace & Gratitude. This download song was on limited availability through greenhillmusic.com until Dec 31, 2010.
    Proceeds went to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer & Wellness Centre and City of Hope.

Nov 01, 2010
    Help Me To Heal (Radio Mix)

[​IMG]

John Adam likes this.
  15. Song4U

Can someone provide details on this radio mix of which I didn't purchase. I have the version that appears on the G&G Renewed CD, what makes the radio mix different?

16. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

I enjoyed this remake for what it is -- a parody for a comedy TV show. Jane Lynch is so AutoTuned as to sound like a robot here. This single marks the last time Olivia has appeared on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, peaking at #89. Not surprising, as songs from Glee almost always seemed to chart.

17. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

Didn't buy this one. I did buy the Grace and Gratitude Renewed CD, but I never even knew that this single had been available for sale. I feel the same way about this song as I do the rest of the album -- I don't like it at all.

18. Song4U

The next single will be a new dance mix where Olivia recorded her vocals in 2010 to her hit song, Magic. It was available through iTunes and Amazon as a download single. All proceeds go to the Olivia Appeal.

June 2011
    Magic
    Olivia Newton-John and WACCI
    Peachy & Murphy Mix

WACCI (We're Australian Creative Collective Inc.) headed by Kerrie Stanley & Mathieu Salem have raised over $60,000 for the Olivia Newton-John Cancer & Wellness Centre through a variety of initiatives. The latest project is a charity single. Olivia's classic "Magic" has been remixed by DJ Dan Murphy & Steve Peach to create a brand-new dance version of the song.

[​IMG]

19. Song4U

Here is the radio edit of this single

20. Song4U

I have to admit that I never downloaded this single and I do like dance mixes just not this one, I just don't care for it but others here may feel differently.

21. Song4U

I think this is the best release from Olivia in quite a while, it was a surprise to most fans. I knew she had recorded some of these tracks as they were leaked to the Only Olivia club being The Best Of My Love and Broken Wings. However it was a huge surprise that the songs on the Hotel Sessions CD were completely different to the ones leaked to the OO club. I really like this CD of 7 tracks, I only wish she had recorded more. The Best Of My Love turned out so much better than the leaked one. The only ones I don't care for are the 2 Dance Mixes at the end, there ok just not great, I prefer the originals. This was available in both original CD format and as download mp3's. I have the original CD. "Will It End In Peace" is my favorite off this CD, amazing song!!

Hotel Sessions
    Unreleased Demos Recorded at Various Hotels in Melbourne Australia (2002-2012)

1. Ordinary Life
    2. Best Of My Love
    3. End In Peace
    4. Bow River
    5. Broken Wings
    6. Broken Wings (Bonus Dance Mix)
    7. Best Of My Love (Bonus Dance Mix)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Alan1074 likes this.
  22. Song4U

23. Song4U

Hotel Sessions Promo Ad

[​IMG]

24. Song4U

Well...I'd like to end this on a happy release and Hotel Sessions really lifted my spirits and Olivia sound fantastic on these tracks, I was really blown away when my CD arrived. I really like this one. I know there were a few more singles but nothing to write home about, I like the Englebert Humperdinck duet in 2015 called Never Never Never. I never cared for the single "You Have To Believe We Are Magic" Olivia recorded w/ Chloe in 2015. I just didn't like that one at all.

So...my time is over on this thread and I'm going to end it here for me on a happy release, feel free to talk about any other singles I may have missed or you want to talk about. Special thanks to Pizza and David G. for sticking it out towards the end and Jarleboy for all your likes :). I'll always remember that, thanks.

Thank you to everyone who posted in the Olivia Newton-John single by single thread.
    I tried to make it as professional looking as possible and except for a minor instance...I think it turned out very nice.

It was great fun.

Love & Light

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    John Adam, Pizza and David G. like this.
  25. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

I thought Hotel sessions gave a glimpse of what she could still do if she wanted to. Shame it was only a CD-R. I actually liked the dance mixes and would enjoy hearing her with some contemporary big names.

Thanks Song4U for a very enjoyable thread.

John Adam and Song4U like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.