OMG! My McIntosh is finally there!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soulboogaloo, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Many audiophiles on the various forums lierally try talking people out macs saying you are much better with this or that brand. I’ve heard a couple high end mac ss systems and they really sounded silky smooth. Plus, the resale value speaks for itself. Plus, the macs look so nice with the big blue meters

Hendertuckie likes this.
  2. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

The blue lights get me every time! That has to be the prettiest amp in existence.

Does it really sound as sterile as some people claim? Does it sacrifice musicality for analytical sonics?

3. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time...

Best equipment I’ve ever owned.

4. Soul Boogaloo, I have the same amp. I noticed your volume is at 16 in the picture. Just curious, is it screamingly loud at that volume? Mine is VERY loud at 6. I always thought this strange since it can go to 99. But I get great volume with nearly zero feedback. Truly clean sound. Also, not sure if you're into mono, but I started using the mono button on mine and it definitely added improvement.

5. I paid $2000 for mine 9 years ago. I think it is appreciating a bit now.

6. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Fast forward a year and a half, and I've finally nabbed my own MA6850. Should arrive in a week.

Thanks to the OP for the inspiration! :)

SirMarc, thxphotog, GyroSE and 2 others like this.
  7. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Excellent decision. I love all the Mac stuff I've ever owned. A couple years back I abandoned Mac and went to an all Conrad Johnson system with the GAT tube pre and Premier 350SA SS amp and had that for about 2 years. The system sounded good, very detailed, everything was there, but I lost the emotional involvement the music used to bring me. The GAT had replaced a C22CE. So, my intuition guided me back to Mac, I purchased a vintage MX110Z and swapped the GAT out. Within seconds, OMG!, there's that sound again, what I had lost. The Mac house sound that is so seductive and involving. I once again loved listening to music. The Mac's are just special when it comes to their sound signature. Very liquid smooth involving, not overly detailed, excellent pace and rhythm 3D holographic coherent soundstage, very involving and emotional. They just sound so musical. I sold the GAT. Just goes to show $expensive$ does not equal better. A bit later I bought a vintage C20 V1 and had it completely restored by Terry DeWick and it just killed the GAT as well, which is pretty amazing. I don't like the big blue meters myself as I find them obtrusive. None of my Mac gear has them so it's all good. YMMV.

Mac >>>Yamaha btw

8. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I purchased an MC7270 off Craigslist a few years ago for $1,200. The last three that sold on eBay went for $1,500, $1,990 and $2,076. McIntosh is one of the few audio companies where some of their equipment appreciates in value...

Vinyl Archaeologist and SamS like this.
  9. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your McIntosh gear as much as I enjoy mine!

dharmabumstead and Tartifless like this.
  10. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

Is jealous.........

11. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I hate you;)

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. McLover

McLover Senior Member

And in the older days, changer for the family to use or for convenience, manual turntable with separate tonearm for the man of the house only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.