OMG! The Turtles announce *two* box sets in the Works!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr_mjb1960, Jun 20, 2016.

1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

Just in from www.theseconddisc.com :The Turtles have announced there will be TWO Box Sets Planned this Year! One is going to be called "The Complete Albums" and will feature Every White Whale Lp,and will feature even more Bonus tracks than the previous issues Flo & Eddie Inc. had come with! Also on the Boards: a 2-CD Collection "All The Singles" featuring Complete White Whale 45 sides,both A-And-B Sides Represented in Original Mono! Both sets will be Remastered from Original Source Tapes by Bill Inglot,along with liners by Andrew Sandoval! This will be a Blessing for All Turtles Fans! Both will be out,according to the article,on August 19th! Mark Your Calendars!

2. stevemoss

stevemoss Forum Resident

3. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

An answer to our prayers!!!! Hopefully, they'll reproduce the album sleeves, especially for "Battle Of the Bands" and use the "White Whale" logo and labels....

4. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

And hopefully they'll include the un-over-dubbed single version of "Makin' My Mind Up"!!!

5. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So...Will the albums box (which is described as including rarities) include everything that has been previously released, outside of perhaps some single versions and b-sides that will be on the singles set?

Kind of sad that at this point, neither Rhino nor Shout Factory can be bothered...and this is on Manifesto...

It would also be nice to get an updated "History of Flo & Eddie" box, which would try to round up all the odd/stray stuff that F&E did after the Turtles (minus, of course, the Zappa stuff which is controlled by the Zappa estate).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    fishyboots and melstapler like this.
  7. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

And hopefully they'll present these in mono vinyl at some point!

vinylbeat and Long Live Analog like this.
  8. mr_mjb1960

The first Three will be in BOTH Mono and Stereo Versions!

9. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Wow. That's certainly out of left field. And very, very welcome at that. It has become pretty tough to find original Turtles albums in nice shape and they now trade for pretty expensive prices.

I'm in.

10. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

But on CD...

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

12. vinylrec

vinylrec Senior Member

13. Shriner

Shriner Forum Resident

But *where* are the CD versions of the songs from Dirty Duck? AFAIK, the only place those (most of them) ever surfaced were on that (excellent) 3-LP "History of Flo and Eddie" vinyl comp. Yes, it's not "The Turtles", but c'mon guys!

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I'm "ALL IN" for that "All The Singles" set!

Bill Inglot mastering and involvement by the great Andrew Sandoval is all that I need to read … THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Also, a round of thanks to Flo & Eddie (Howard & Mark) for allowing these single mixes to finally get completely released on CD!

15. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

But the vinyl and do a needledrop...there's your cd :)

16. pool_of_tears

Me too

Chris C likes this.
  17. mr_mjb1960

There were the 1990's Repertoire,Sundazed CD's and the most recent reissued Single CD-R's that were Custom Made by FloEd,inc.,but were made from the same Muddied Masters,sadly...these have been def improved!

18. pool_of_tears

I wanna hear Surfer Dan in mono :)

fr in sc, Nick Dunning and cwitt1980 like this.
  19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

These are the guys who recorded the Dirty Duck songs. And while they were in The Turtles, they aren't really The Turtles, if you know what I mean. Those Dirty Duck songs (and all the other Flo & Eddie ephemera) should be reissued on CD. But not on THESE CDs...

[​IMG]

izgoblin and Hep Alien like this.
  20. mr_mjb1960

You will,as it's included on the "All The Singles" Collection!

21. pool_of_tears

Woo hoo!

mr_mjb1960 likes this.
  22. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Wow. I have three Sundazed cds and they are prized possessions. I wonder if the albums will be released individually at some point.

23. mr_mjb1960

Could be Next,as Howard has hinted in the past!

24. mr_mjb1960

25. readr

readr Forum Resident

YES!

It's exactly what I wanted and asked for......who's listening? Creepy. I'm beyond happy.