Omnivore Recordings - 50% off (Extended through midnight August 25th)*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Suedebelly, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know that this might be late but I just placed an order and was surprised to see that no one had posted anything here. Omnivore Recordings is holding a 50% off sale that ends at midnight on August 23rd. From the website (Omnivore Recordings ):

"Save 50% on all CDs in our Back to (Old) School Sale! (pre-order titles not included)

It's the time of year to pick up supplies and prepare for delving into your favorite subjects, to refresh your memories on things past, and learn about some new ones. Luckily, we're here to help!

For two days only, Tuesday August 22 and Wednesday August 23, we're offering 50% off all CDs in our webstore at www.omnivorerecordings.com. Yes, you read that correctly--all Compact Discs are half off. So, if you're reminiscing about something from the past, or want to check out things you've been thinking about, this is a chance to fill up those backpacks with great music from every genre-not to mention the perfect opportunity to start your holiday shopping. No kidding, the holidays are coming up fast, and why wait in line when you can do it from the comfort of your very own home. (We'd say workplace, too, but we know you're not surfing the web while you're on the clock, right?)

Don't be alarmed if the prices on the site don't look different-the discount will show up in your shopping cart. And, please remember not to add any Pre-Order titles to your order. We're excited about things coming up (and we hope you are, too), but that will delay your shipment until release date, and the discount will be nullified. So, don't do that, or it's off to detention!

Remember, it's only on August 22-23, so don't miss out on these super savings, and give yourself an A+ for participation!
    "​

Tjazz, lightbulb and john hp like this.
  2. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Extended through August 25th.

Tjazz, lightbulb and john hp like this.
  3. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

The expanded 2CD versions of Jellyfish (Bellybutton, Spilt Milk) are $9.99 each.

Pretty good price. :)

Does anyone recommend any others, along the power pop, pop, genre?

TV Eyes?
    Sneakers?
    Sneetches?
    Velvet Crush?

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Here's what I got...

Dream Syndicate - Days of Wine and Roses
    Game Theory - Lolita Nation
    Harry Dean Stanton - Partly Fiction

DJ LX, black sheriff and lightbulb like this.
  5. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Those are all fine, fine releases. I'd also look at The Posies and Game Theory.

6. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident Thread Starter

I highly recommend Sneakers, Sneetches and Velvet Crush. I had most of this material from previous releases from the three bands already. I had previously bought the Sneakers Omnivore release version last year (being a big Chris Stamey fan) and I just bought both the Sneetches and Velvet Crush versions as part of Omnivore's current sale. In addition, the fidelity of all three of these releases is suppose to be improved from the previous versions.

lightbulb likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The just released Raspberries Live album is $11.50.

Roger Taylor's 12 CD/1DVD "The Lot" box is $100.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Oh yeah. Buck Owens!

lightbulb likes this.
  9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

NRBQ box would be $35. Too bad I already own a copy, it would be a great pickup.

10. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Townes Van Zandt

11. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Shipping prices are a little hefty. I was able to get the Big Star Complete Third box set for $25 + $4 shipping, but when I tried adding the Lone Justice CD (a single CD, featuring a dozen short but great recordings from '83, before they were signed to a label), shipping would have been another $4. Strange they would do it that way.

12. Aluko

Aluko Forum Resident

This is the second time I've missed their sale. :realmad:

*just was that it was extended:agree:

13. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

If you register on their site, they'll email you info when their next sale comes around...
    Unless you'd like to risk missing it a third time... ;)

14. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

The sale was still going Saturday morning. Thanks for the heads up - I was able to grab some nice titles.

15. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

I grabbed Game Theory's last album for a few bucks less than Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up!

16. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

Anyone get a shipping notice yet? I ordered on the 24th and have not heard from them since.

Alan

17. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I received 1 of the 3 discs I ordered. No indication as to when the others are coming.

18. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

They should show up soon. They also split my order in two the last time they had this sale.
    I think the two shipments were about a week apart.

19. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

I ordered a cd at the sale. Order went through on PayPal. Still no CD and no shipping notice.

Should have paid the extra $3 and ordered from Amazon

20. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

TV Eyes, although it contains both Jason Falkner and Roger Manning Jr. (and the drummer from Red Kross) is excellent, although it isn't power pop. Rather is a throwback to late 70's early 80's new wave/synth pop. But If you're into that (as I am) it's a must have.

lightbulb likes this.
  21. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

It just occurred to me that the recent Pugwash compilation A Rose In A Garden Of Weeds came out on Ominvore. Definitely of the pop rock/power pop variety. As a bonus - Jason Falkner lends a helping hand on a couple tunes.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.