On the "Let it Be" movie ...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Don't forget the annoying digs at two of Paul's songs on the finished album ("I dig a pygmy..." and "Hark the angels sing!"). He also sings "whiskey turds of wisdom, let it be" on an outtake. No WONDER the other 3 loved John and Yoko so much in January '69 (he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

2. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

I do not find those annoying at all. And I think pygmy relates to Pony, not Paul. We all know that after Paul died he got taller than John :nyah:

WilliamWes, lobo and MsMaclen like this.
  3. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I think by 1969 they were all fully aware of John's sense of humour, people like to read too much into things I feel.

4. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Yes, we all know about his sense of humor. But I've always thought (and I read it somewhere years ago) that John and Spector put those in the finished album specifically to irritate Paul. It's no coincidence, is it, that they come before two of Paul's best songs on the album, is it? The only other one ("queen says no to pot smoking FBI members" before "Dig It") is barely audible and is in a totally different vein. :shrug: I'm a huge Lennon fan but the guy could be a real Richard, too.

hazard and EddieMann like this.
  5. KayNicole

KayNicole Well-Known Member

Wish they would put this movie out on DVD like the rest of the Beatles movies! Then I would have the full collection! :)

6. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Agree. No one will ultimately care about who argued with whom, etc. It will be all about business.

7. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

I believe the purpose of Let It Be movie threads is to separate the optimists from the pessimists here on the Forum. Or, to put it another way, the Polyannas from the realists. :D

8. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

I went to a media preview in 1970 before general release....it was quite disappointing....30 years later i acquired a bootleg dvd transfered from a laser disc...viewed it thinking that my impression would change...it hasn’t!....it’s only for Beatles completists...who feel compelled to own the complete canon of their output.
    There is a reason it hasn’t been officially released...

jsayers likes this.
  9. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Since 2011, a new upgraded bootleg has circulated. I've yet to see it. I've seen on ebay, ioffer.com etc. A bootleg blu-ray which is probably sourced
    from this recent upgrade?

10. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

what do those mean? how do they reference paul? im lost

11. LC4O

LC4O Forum Resident

the rooftop 1969 concert its the best live moment of the Beatles.....

blutiga, linclink and majorlance like this.
  12. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Swedish radio show?

John Porcellino likes this.
  13. slane

slane Forum Resident

Hmm, who was this?

Ah yes, Ian Macdonald and his endless unfounded personal opinions...

There's no evidence. And the same speech part was used between the same two songs on Glyn Johns album (albeit with extra parts snipped out by Spector).

WilliamWes likes this.
  14. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

BeatleHead here for 40yrs and I've never seen the thing.
    Not sure if I wanna. Seems the longest bummer ever filmed.

15. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

Hey it's all cool friend...hell Jenner did it just the other way around...:D

16. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

One was on youtube briefly in two parts-with improved video and all of Apple and rooftop was in real stereo.

I'm guessing someone got creative with Anthology footage and managed to redub stereo audio to part two from available boots. I doubt anyone got a print.

I also have a boot of all the performances in stereo with decent video quality and I've Got a Feeling for example fully mixed and not switched to the old bag on the street yapping.

Across the Universe and I Me Mine use reverse syncing from rehearsals with the Glynn Johns mixes.

17. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

ummm what? please return your beatlehead card!

Zeki and andrewskyDE like this.
  18. maclen

maclen Senior Member

Washington Coliseum?

The Beave and Dinstun like this.
  19. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Liverpool or Hamburg 1962?

20. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

C'mon, you can buy a DVD of a log burning in a fireplace. Why shouldn't a film made in 1969 featuring the biggest band in the history of rock be a thing? Because you were disappointed??

21. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

At which point a few purists will protest that Apple is rewriting history. If they wanted good glue in the books they'd have used it in 1970!! Obviously the books were meant to fall apart as a metaphor for the band's dissolution.

22. zen

zen Senior Member

I saw the movie in 1970; and since then, I haven't had the desire to watch it again (apart from the rooftop concert). I have played the original album too many times to count.

23. Raoul97202

Raoul97202 Forum Resident

Holy s#$t. Where did this come from?

phillyal1 likes this.
  24. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I don't that this right ....
    Surely it was officially released in cinemas, and on VHS and Laser Disc IIRC.

The view that no-one will release the film because it shows some arguements seems strange when you remember that the film was already released, with quite a bit of publicity, in 1970. And wasn't the little argument between Paul and George in both Anthology and/ or Material World?

I only have a bootleg DVD and I only watch the rooftop concert which is quite fab. I would love to see a complete rooftop with all the songs and without the scenes of people talking on the street. I am sure it will be an extra on the lu Ray and it will probably be the only part of it I watch.

25. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

But it's not. There's one little tiff that, if it happened between you and a colleague, you wouldn't think twice about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.